Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Challenger R/T vs 95 z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger R/T vs 95 z28

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since it has aspects of two boards but here it goes. (Oh and when it comes to cars I don't know much more than the basics.)
So a couple buddies and I decide to go to Huntington beach and drink a few brews but it turns out the authorities over there don't want people there after dark. So after getting confronted we said screw it and started heading off to Venice Beach and while driving down PCH we come across this challenger and I start messing with him and the guy plays along and punches it and speeds a little bit away. We hadn't yet hit a stop light and the guy punches it anytime I get near him. Eventually we hit a stop light and I push the accelerator slightly(for some reason the tires spin for a bit if i completely floor it from a dig) and then floor it. I take off and I take him by about 2-3 car lengths and then take my foot off the accelerator at 55 and he does a flyby. This happens for another two lights and eventually he turns and that's the end of it
My question is how did this happen? 3 guys in my car would amount to somewhere near 500lbs and its an automatic so I have serious disadvantages starting there. I don't know if there are any mods on my car(retarded when it comes to automotive knowledge). Maybe the guy just didn't know how to drive because that's the only reason I can think up knowing he was flooring it and that his car has much more power than mine.

I really don't care if anyone calls bs because this isn't to brag. I know my car is ancient and by today's standards very slow. I'm just curious as whether my car has mods or the guy just sucks at driving.

Last edited by riseandfall337; 08-25-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, if you hit the gas but let off at 55, he may not have even had a chance to get rolling by the time you let off, which would explain why he shot past you. if you had enough road and enough clear road, you could have stayed in it to see if he could come past you while you were still in the pedal.