Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cammed/Bolt-on LT1 vs Bolt-on LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cammed/Bolt-on LT1 vs Bolt-on LS1

Unfortunately guys, this MAY be my last thread in this section until spring of next year. My cars going to be tucked away early in the garage next Tuesday until spring.

So, with that being said, this is most likely my last thread for a while.. Hope you all enjoy!

This afternoon was absolutely perfect out. Suns shining, perfect temperature, not humid at all.. And just a few white clouds in the sky. Perfect weather for driving the car.

I kept thinking about my fantasy football team, and who I was going to draft first. Drew Brees? Adrien Peterson (if I’m lucky enough to get the first pick?).. Or maybe I should take a chance with Farve later in the draft.. Eitherway, I’m playing in 5 different leagues… And I should figure out some kind of game plan! With a team named “The Raging Llama’s”, you’d think I’d have my **** all figured out, after telling everyone in the leagues that I’m going undefeated, and everyone in that league will be my bitches, and serve me choc. chip pancakes throughout the season..

Just as I think I make my decision on who I’m going to pick first, a red LT1 Formula appears in my rearview mirror merging on from an on-ramp. It brought back sooo many memories from my past Formula. I was wondering what it had done to it, when I realized it was one that I saw earlier in the summer! The car was a 6 speed with a small cam and full exhaust. Before anyone asks, he DID NOT have a mullet.

I slow down a little bit to allow him to catch up. When we get door to door at 55mph, he downshifts, and I know its now game on! Time to show this little ole LT1 who’s boss.. with just bolt-ons on my end of the race. I start the whole beep sequence. 3 perfectly timed out beeps, and on the 3rd, we go at the same time. Nobody gets the jump.

We stayed even throughout 2nd gear.. I think he may have pulled a quarter of a car on me, but a textbook shift into 3rd allowed me to get back into the lead. I slowly start creeping away in 3rd (half car ahead at the top), at the end of 4th, I’m now a full car length ahead, then we both let off.

I was very happy with this race.

Round 2… With one win under my belt, I wanted to verify the results with a second race, but little did I know, all hell was about to break loose in my car.
We both line up again, and slow back down to 55mph. I beep it off once again, and were off! Second gear, were both the same… Third gear comes around, and my finger accidently hits the radio controls on my steering wheel as were going.. And instead of Breaking Benjamin, I hear “CALIFORNIA GIRLS WERE UNFORGETTABLE, DAISY DUKES, BIKINI’S ON TOP!”.. Son of a bitch! I’m now racing to Katy Perry. I’m thinking of that scene where she has the two whipped cream bottles and spraying them everywhere. Not cool when you’re trying to race (thanks A.D.D)! I end of missing 4th, giving the Formula the win. I quickly switch the radio back to the rock station, and continue listening to “I will not bow”. Thanks to Katy Perry, I’m now 1-1. Time for the tie breaker.

Round 3. I got this! Just as long as Katy Perry stays off my radio. We do another 55 roll. I beep 3 times, and we stay even through second again.. I jump out a half car in third.. But couldn’t pull anymore in 4th. I stayed a half car up through 4th, until we let off.

One of the best races I’ve had with my car yet. I was glad I took home the win on this one though… For 2 reasons.. 1st, I managed to hold off a cammed LT1 with my bolt-on SS… And 2nd, This was prob. going to be my last race for the next 6 months. Instead of DDing my SS, I will now be passing up all these opportunities in my Trailblazer!

We both exchange thumbs up.. And he speeds up and we continue on our ways.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:38 AM
On The Tree

It was very nice reading. Good kill, the closer the race, the better the rush!! I love a well written post but you just reminded me it's about that time to put my baby up and hide it from the MI snow . It's been on my mind too with how cold these nights are getting.

I died laughing at the Katy Perry part hehe.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why is it your putting it away a good month before the perfect driving weather is around? good kill BTW.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have to have shoulder surgery.. And its a M6. Thanks guys!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If I heard and/or thought of Katy Perry I would have driven into a pole

Good kill though
Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Katy Perry FTL-literally!

Good read as always, love your threads. I can't wait til 2 of my LT1 friends get a cam so I can race 'em in my bolt on LS, if I dont have a heads/cam setup by that time

Where do you live that you are already putting it away? Its still August!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill, LT'1 suck.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

not sure if i like the story........but damnit i was compelled to read every word!

good stuff!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
Katy Perry FTL-literally!

Good read as always, love your threads. I can't wait til 2 of my LT1 friends get a cam so I can race 'em in my bolt on LS, if I dont have a heads/cam setup by that time

Where do you live that you are already putting it away? Its still August!!!
NY

I have to have a shoulder reconstruction surgery. M6 FTL!

I have to have my shoulder in a sling for 3-4 months, which means by the time I'm out of it, it will be december and snowing.

I MIGHT sneak it out once or twice before the winter, but definately wont be racing it.

Thanks guys!

Next year I'll be back out with a whole new set-up... I'm already looking forward to it.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
Good kill, LT'1 suck.
dont they tho... im gona keep my 200k miles bolton lt1 that runs low 11s tho.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill OP those little lt's can surprise you if you dont watch out. Ive had my far share of close calls with them including an lt4 vette