Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mannyman84 vs ls1 Z28 *VIDS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
That's excatly how it feels. Like it's on the ground. I'll do a good little burn out and when I do my clutch feels like ****. I'm on street tires so I need to warm them up. Till I fix that problem I'm not going back to the track. So master cylinder hu. I'll try another one, but first I'll change the fluid for sure. Thanks for the tips, I'll give em a try
Just an FYI, doing a burnout with street tires doesnt do a whole lot. Dusting them off is really all you need to do.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's excatly how it feels. Like it's on the ground. I'll do a good little burn out and when I do my clutch feels like ****. I'm on street tires so I need to warm them up. Till I fix that problem I'm not going back to the track. So master cylinder hu. I'll try another one, but first I'll change the fluid for sure. Thanks for the tips, I'll give em a try
Originally Posted by itsslow98
Just an FYI, doing a burnout with street tires doesnt do a whole lot. Dusting them off is really all you need to do.
Just a quick spin or two to clean 'em off. Lighting them up wont net you anything, just less tread. Its not a soft, sticky tire like a DR or slick, so just clean them off.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done good burn outs on the street and they hook really well. Obviously if u heat up rubber it will get soft. I don't see why only do a little spin to dust em off
Old 09-01-2010, 08:17 AM
12 Second Club

DRs/slicks- soft tire made to get very sticky when heated.

street tires- hard compound, doesnt get soft, just sticky enough to pick up rocks, not hook a **** ton of torque.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why would the z28 run with the ttops off.. thats like a parachute. i bet it woulda been even if he had his tops on. btw good running car many. if it was a mustang, you woulda gotten beat tho, cuz we all know, your car cant beat them lol
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WSsick
DRs/slicks- soft tire made to get very sticky when heated.

street tires- hard compound, doesnt get soft, just sticky enough to pick up rocks, not hook a **** ton of torque.
I don't have much torque so I wouldn't really worry. I've hook really good with street tires before so no problem at the moment.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02ws666
why would the z28 run with the ttops off.. thats like a parachute. i bet it woulda been even if he had his tops on. btw good running car many. if it was a mustang, you woulda gotten beat tho, cuz we all know, your car cant beat them lol
True. I'm usually scared to run mustangs, with all that power they carry it's insane.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

I don't have much torque so I wouldn't really worry. I've hook really good with street tires before so no problem at the moment.
You have plenty or torque compared to a lot of cars out there with street tires. All I'm saying is when you go to the track, spin 'em a few times but there's no need to stand still and put on a smoke show. I just rev it up, dump the clutch, pedal it a couple times and your set. The track is sticky so you'll be fine just doing as I said.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Hey manny, I'm heading down to Victorville on the 11th. If I bring the car, you got any guys you can line up for me? Long azz drive but I'm seriously contemplating it. My gas will be paid for by the company credit card so thats no problem! 17mpg on the freeway is a killer.
Man, that would be a long *** haul for your car. What is it 1100 miles each way? This aint the east coast where you can drive for 5hours and be 5 states away from home before you have to fill up. Out here you drive for 5 hours without seeing a city. Another thing to consider is the mountain passes. They are bitch in a 4wd if it snows let alone a 3400 stalled big *** cammed RWD GTO. With the weather we have had this year I see " Donner Party" written all over that road trip. Dont do it.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Manny your car moves the hell out......gd drop in K & N Filter FTW!!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Manny your car moves the hell out......gd drop in K & N Filter FTW!!
Thanks. That's that k&n what adds about 50rwhp. It's special order.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Was this last sunday?. I didnt even know you were gona run. I would of kept up with you.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jugz ss
Was this last sunday?. I didnt even know you were gona run. I would of kept up with you.
Yeah, I think u were like way behind cruising. Blue SS and I have been going back and forth smack talking (friendly) about who is faster. I thought he would smoke me. We are having another run soon
Old 09-02-2010, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I think u were like way behind cruising. Blue SS and I have been going back and forth smack talking (friendly) about who is faster. I thought he would smoke me. We are having another run soon
Oh yeah i had cought up after I stayed behind in the light.
Let me know when.