Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Worlds biggest retard in a Marauder vs a 97 T/A A4

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Worlds biggest retard in a Marauder vs a 97 T/A A4

Friend's driving us to an office in torrance, we see a Marauder and start talking about how nice they are. The guy floors it by us after a while and the keeps hitting the gas to mess with us.

So we get to a light, and I ask what's done to the car. All it sounded like from when he was going was that it had the mufflers swapped out.

He starts talking,"**** man, I swapped in a motor from a Cobra, I have a stage 3 ported supercharger from a Cobra, intake, x pipe, magnaflows, what's done to your car?"

My friend replies that it's just intake, exhaust, cutout. And while he's talking the guy floors it as the light turns green. Every time my friend reels him in, he lets of the gas as he gets up to him, starts talking and then floors it and then repeat reeling him in.

So after the 4th time, and we get next to him again, I tell him that is the worlds most quiet ported blower he gots in it for obvious reasons, and told him if he knew that the car came stock with the 4.6 DOHC motor. He just says that they only came with the regular Mustang GT 4.6, I don't know if he was thinking it was true, or if he was just trying to bs us.

I really don't get why you would say you've got more done to it when you're being pulled in by a nearly stock LT1 repeatedly. Especially to that extent with saying you have a ported blower, and full bolt ons. Just made it look like his car was way slower.

Not to mention it comes from the factory with the NA 4.6 DOHC motor that came in cobras(aside from minor differences obviously)

Cliffnotes: Intake, exhaust, cutout LT1 VS what looked to be a Marauder(4.6 DOHC, 300hp)with magnaflows and an X pipe, the marauder keeps hitting it first, and then gets reeled in.

Nice big sedans though, Marauders and 94-96 Impalas are some nice cruisers.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little white lies in street racing are one thing. A ported blower and a ton of work isn't' a little white lie! Usualy it is that you don't have something not saying you have more power then you do. He must be a former Mustang owner!
Hell no I don't have any spay! It is stock(when it is far from it!)

I would love a marauder supercharged and stiffened suspension!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A guy I work with has a maruader with an 03 cobra motor in it and built tranny. Went 11.8 on drag radials. Not bad if you ask me.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a guy I know on the local forums that had his pullied, full bolton '03 Cobra that he couldnt afford after he lost his job: so he sold the engine and trans to a late 90's Cobra owner and installed that guys engine into his car. Then turned it in to the bank.

Now there is no doubt some clueless guy running around and bragging about his supercharged Cobra - that runs 14's.....
Old 09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Got a guy I know on the local forums that had his pullied, full bolton '03 Cobra that he couldnt afford after he lost his job: so he sold the engine and trans to a late 90's Cobra owner and installed that guys engine into his car. Then turned it in to the bank.

Now there is no doubt some clueless guy running around and bragging about his supercharged Cobra - that runs 14's.....
Jesus ******* christ.