Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99' Camaro VS Mustang GT/Mercedes-Benz E350

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99' Camaro VS Mustang GT/Mercedes-Benz E350

I got my 99' Camaro Z28 M6 about 4 weeks ago, and I've been teaching myself how to drive stick, here are the only 2 real races I have to tell..

Today I was cruising along at 60 when I notice the distinctive headlights on a 2005-2006 Mustang GT creeping up behind me, I move into the right lane and he catches up with me and gets beside me, smiles and gives the throttle a blip, I respond by dropping it into third and wave at him to honk off, he honks three times and we're off, I instantly start walking him and let off at about 115 with him ~7 cars behind me.

We pace each other until there's another straight on the highway and he slows me down to about 40-45, I dropped it into second and he guns it, so do I, he pulled about half a car on me as I shifted into third and then I walked him harder this time, let off at 110, I told him he had a nice car and that I've seen it around where I live, waved goodbye and so did he, was a cool guy.

Now for the Mercedes-Benz E350... I was cruising along back home with a friend when he hit a stop light and just keep talking, when I suddenly hear a very muffled rev next to me so I lower the radio and look beside me, and there's a man and his wife in a Mercedes E class next to me looking at me very seriously, I wave cheerfully thinking he was just kidding around, but he stared me down very very seriously and revved again and looked at the stop light, my friend said "Go for it" so I obliged.

The light turned green and we hit it, I had never launched so hard so I spun all through first fishtailing a bit, I kept up with him the whole time and as I hit second and hooked up I left him behind at ~70, next stop light he asked if I had a V8 and I asked what exactly was his car, he then waved us off and left.

I stayed on the left turn lane waiting for the light to turn green and seconds after the Mercedes left a cop pulls right next to me and says "Where you the guys screeching tires back there?" I said yes and he asked what were we doing, I told him we were having a little fun and asked him if he wanted me to pull over on the side of the road. (Yes, I said "Want me to pull over, Sir?")

He shaked his head with a smile and told us to have a safe night, and drove off.

My mods are Borla catback, air lid, and I'm unsure if Camaros come stock with a hurst shifter, cause that's what I believe I have...
Old 09-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyIsLost
I got my 99' Camaro Z28 M6 about 4 weeks ago, and I've been teaching myself how to drive stick, here are the only 2 real races I have to tell..

Today I was cruising along at 60 when I notice the distinctive headlights on a 2005-2006 Mustang GT creeping up behind me, I move into the right lane and he catches up with me and gets beside me, smiles and gives the throttle a blip, I respond by dropping it into third and wave at him to honk off, he honks three times and we're off, I instantly start walking him and let off at about 115 with him ~7 cars behind me.
It was a v6 mustang with the gt fog lights, but good kill

I stayed on the left turn lane waiting for the light to turn green and seconds after the Mercedes left a cop pulls right next to me and says "Where you the guys screeching tires back there?" I said yes and he asked what were we doing, I told him we were having a little fun and asked him if he wanted me to pull over on the side of the road. (Yes, I said "Want me to pull over, Sir?")

He shaked his head with a smile and told us to have a safe night, and drove off.

My mods are Borla catback, air lid, and I'm unsure if Camaros come stock with a hurst shifter, cause that's what I believe I have...
You don't have to strive to impress us with cop stories like that, but if you really did tell him it was you peeling out when he asked well then you're an idiot
Old 09-11-2010, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Wow man, really, is all that really necessary? Are u really just hating hard cause he is a newb and he spoke of beating a stang, rather embelished it seems, but still, no need to be such a dick right out the gate. OP, i would advise trying to be alittle smarter from now on, ur brutal honesty paid off and u got REAL lucky with a nice cop, but i dont think that will work anymore, as it NEVER has in the 6 years with THIS f-body, nevermind its never worked with any previous muscle car. Good luck with the new whip, and yes i do know some of the SS' could be optioned with a hurst sifter.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
It was a v6 mustang with the gt fog lights, but good kill

You don't have to strive to impress us with cop stories like that, but if you really did tell him it was you peeling out when he asked well then you're an idiot
It had the GT fender emblems, the GT emblem on the trunk on that round thingy, dual exhaust and I see it at least twice a week around where I live/work, I believe it's just stock. If you want me to really find out for you give me a week and I'll try to take a picture of it

I'm not trying to impress, just showing my luck, and I found out it's better to be honest with cops, because whenever they ask you a question assume they already know the answer.

And thanks!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

WRONG. Never admit guilt to a cop. period. good kills, keep practicing.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

^Yeah. Admitting you did something is incriminating yourself, not a good idea at all.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks I'll keep practicing, and you gotta see it from my viewpoint cause I didn't know if he knew It was me or not. -> Lie to a cop and **** him off cause he knows I did it, or be honest with him cause he knows I did it. I took the risk and it payed off, though I wouldn't do it again.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, you seem like the biggest idiot around here when you continue to make degradative comments like that. Why don't you and your POS 4.6 Banana leave here and go join the Ford site.

See, doesn't feel so good does it?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

And OP, try to be smarter next time.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Some times it does work to tell the truth to cops......

I did a big burnout in front of a Mickey Dee's.
Down the road I see blue light behind me. I pulled over and the cop asked, what was I thinking. I said what are you talking about. The cop said you know what. I smiled a little and said, the burn out!! I was making sure you were doing your job(I did not see him in the cop car) and showing off for a friend in a Mach 1. He put a little smile on his face. He asked me for my D.L, insurance and registration. I told him I left my wallet at home and my new insurance card in it. He went to the car and came back about 5mins later with a ticket and said here is a no proof of insurance ticket and dont worry about ckecking to see if I'm doing my job. Have a good day. John and handed my stuff back to me.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
WRONG. Never admit guilt to a cop. period. good kills, keep practicing.
+ 1.....If you admit anything then they got you! It will then come down to what kind of day he is having. If he is having a bad day, you're pretty much screwed.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
^^ Wow man, really, is all that really necessary? Are u really just hating hard cause he is a newb and he spoke of beating a stang, rather embelished it seems, but still, no need to be such a dick right out the gate. OP, i would advise trying to be alittle smarter from now on, ur brutal honesty paid off and u got REAL lucky with a nice cop, but i dont think that will work anymore, as it NEVER has in the 6 years with THIS f-body, nevermind its never worked with any previous muscle car. Good luck with the new whip, and yes i do know some of the SS' could be optioned with a hurst sifter.
Originally Posted by AndyIsLost
It had the GT fender emblems, the GT emblem on the trunk on that round thingy, dual exhaust and I see it at least twice a week around where I live/work, I believe it's just stock. If you want me to really find out for you give me a week and I'll try to take a picture of it

I'm not trying to impress, just showing my luck, and I found out it's better to be honest with cops, because whenever they ask you a question assume they already know the answer.

And thanks!
Haha I forgot the interwebz was serious business... relax I was just having a little fun with the guy although I still stand by never telling the sop the truth. If they know the truth then there isnt anything you can do about it but if they dont know it and you dont tell them the truth then there isnt anything they should do about it

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Wow, you seem like the biggest idiot around here when you continue to make degradative comments like that. Why don't you and your POS 4.6 Banana leave here and go join the Ford site.

See, doesn't feel so good does it?
Now that wasn't very nice sir you hurt my feewings....

Oh yea and why dont you and your POS vette go join a vette site since you don't have a ls1 anymore
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, i wasnt insulting u or any garbage like that, u are the one infact who came off alittle to serious. I dont care what u drive and what site ur on, just wonder why some people just jump to the insults so fast? Just seems alittle childish sometimes, but yeah, i would just recomend to the OP being more careful about the when and the where u choose ur races, situational awareness is the key to the whole game.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:32 AM
TECH Resident

vagina.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Launching!

i dont think theres any proven way to deal with a police officer, i have had some tell me if i was honest they would have let me go, and i have lied to some and the end result was the same....they let me off. i think i just have good luck with them. but i also live in the country with a lot of "good ole boys", and im older now. when i was a teenager growing up in the washington DC metropolitan area, i got *** raped with tickets. they would pull me over and give me 3-4 at a time
Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Oh yea and why dont you and your POS vette go join a vette site since you don't have a ls1 anymore
Lol.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Haha I forgot the interwebz was serious business... relax I was just having a little fun with the guy although I still stand by never telling the sop the truth. If they know the truth then there isnt anything you can do about it but if they dont know it and you dont tell them the truth then there isnt anything they should do about it

Now that wasn't very nice sir you hurt my feewings....

u mad
Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure about the 7+ cars thing on the GT, but I do have to say, I've raced 2 bone stock 05+ GT's in my shelby GT and they are pathetic compared to my supposed 20 more HP. One of them I had by 2.5 cars through 1 gear, and the other was my bro's back when it was stock and I would repeatedly take him by at least 2 cars every time we raced and he can drive, so I know that wasn't the problem. They wake up a shitload with just an intake and tune compared to stock.

Either way, nice kills and I havn't seen you before on here, so welcome to LS1tech!