Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Board members going at it! ***VIDS***

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Board members going at it! ***VIDS***

So tonight, me, Mach Boy, and mischief met up for some fun. Two of my friends tagged along also. Red 99 Z28 (same as in other video) and a stock LT1.

Me-mods in sig
Mach Boy- 03/04? Mach 1, 4.10s, full exhaust, mild cams (FR500s), ported intake, bolt-ons, T56
Mischief- 02 WS6, auto, SLP Lid, Pacesetter LT's, TSP ORY, Magnaflow, DMH e-cutout, ported TB, street tires.
Red car- 99 Z28, auto, 2.73 gears, 245/50-16 DRs, shocks/springs, lid, gutted cat.
Black car- 95 Z28, auto, gutted cat, tranny cooler, stock 3.23 gears, 245/40-17 Firehawks.

Me vs Mach Boy: no vids since cameraman #1 didnt have room on it and cameraman #2 was late.

~15 roll (I had a passenger, he didn't)

I honked, jumped out a little bit off the hit, ended up pulling maybe 3-3.5 cars by 110

25 roll (No passenger this time)
Can't remember who honked, I spun good going into 2nd, and I heard ALOT of spinning coming from Mach boy, ended maybe 2-2.5 by the time he left off.

I'll let him weigh in, because I'm not sure on the distances, could be less. To be fair, he's had the T56 in for less than a week so he really is learning to drive the car all over again. We will definitely have to get a rematch (on video of course) when he gets everything figured out. I predict a VERY different outcome.

mischief on his races vs the red Z
Originally Posted by mischief
As for the red z28, I had a passenger he had none, i had him by 2-3 cars on each race, the last one I had left off thinking he did and got back on it and still gained like a car and a half or so at the end, he has 2.73's and ls1 intake and no headers so I believe that outcome is to be expected.

Red Z28 LS1 (camera car) vs Black Z28 LT1
Dig- ~110
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWMSzvZmL8Y

25 roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXE43-MsfHo

40 roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM7KVSYrWec

Me vs mischief
Dig #1-he spun bad off launch, I did a little but not much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIFoSyOZFro

Dig #2-I spun bad off launch, missed 4th. burnout helped him alot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nggNtZfnvY

25 roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WDBqzWiABQ

I'll compress these all into 1 nice vid later this week and repost it all.

All in all, I had a blast. Great guys, nice cars and some fun races. Hopefully we get out earlier next time so Mach Boy can stick around longer next time. We all have mods coming, my LS6 intake and tune, both auto LS1s getting stalls with the red Z getting exhaust and a shot as well. Mach Boy will be getting the driver mod Dont know about the LT1 though, although it ran strong.

Hope to do it again soon boys.

Last edited by WSsick; 09-14-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: edited for accuracy.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:02 PM
yfz
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good runs.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, LT1 surprised me. As I can hear in the video he also surprised the boy in the LS1 also.

On your races did the WS6 just let out after you went past him ? Looks like the 2nd race it was even with him getting a 1 car jump and holding it. The 1st and 3rd race it looks like you put 5-8 cars on him each time.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

What nights this weekend are you free? I sorta wanna check out some LS1 tail lights
Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the red Z owner just not have money for gears or does he just like being slow?

Some good runs in there though.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs. I wish I was closer.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1998flamedCamaro
Wow, LT1 surprised me. As I can hear in the video he also surprised the boy in the LS1 also.

On your races did the WS6 just let out after you went past him ? Looks like the 2nd race it was even with him getting a 1 car jump and holding it. The 1st and 3rd race it looks like you put 5-8 cars on him each time.
We only lined the LT1 with him because one night a different LT1 beat that LS1 and the black car hung with him so we thought it was a fluke. Well, tonight proved it wasn't.

I think the WS6 eventually let out but I stayed in it til almost the top of 4th but I think he let off by the time the camera saw him because in the 2nd dig you can see how I caught but never didnt reel him in, I might have in 4th but I missed so well never know. His stall and DRs will change it all though.

Originally Posted by snake95
What nights this weekend are you free? I sorta wanna check out some LS1 tail lights
Should be free, and should be a good race as well
Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Does the red Z owner just not have money for gears or does he just like being slow?

Some good runs in there though.
He bought all kinds of stuff, just waiting on the headers so he can install everything (LTs, Y, catback, stall, n2o). Says they are on backorder and wont be here til Oct 6 or something, but gears werent on the list he said. I guess hes hoping the 150 shot makes up for it. He is kind of aiming at only 1 person, my friend with a H/C/I 3spd LT1.......they dont like each other.

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Nice runs. I wish I was closer.
Just drive *****, I'm only a few states over.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
We only lined the LT1 with him because one night a different LT1 beat that LS1 and the black car hung with him so we thought it was a fluke. Well, tonight proved it wasn't.

I think the WS6 eventually let out but I stayed in it til almost the top of 4th but I think he let off by the time the camera saw him because in the 2nd dig you can see how I caught but never didnt reel him in, I might have in 4th but I missed so well never know. His stall and DRs will change it all though.

Should be free, and should be a good race as well
I agree.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Launching!

yeah sean, good races man ya dig #1 i was like jesus, I spun bad till like 30 or 40, usually i don't spin too much having a stock stall and 275 rear tires, just need to warm them up a tad on digs.

#2 dig was fun, I had to at least be going about 90+ when I let off as I noticed you missed a gear, you might have caught up sometime or another. Some narrow *** roads, btw no stall + roll = you're going to get me there having that m6 and gears

As for the red z28, I had a passenger he had none, i had him by 2-3 cars on each race, the last one I had left off thinking he did and got back on it and still gained like a car and a half or so at the end, he has 2.73's and ls1 intake and no headers so I believe that outcome is to be expected.

Good times man, me and the girl enjoyed it! hit me up whenever
Old 09-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Teching In

That first run is exactly as you said. The second was actually closer than the first. You jumped out about 1-1.5 cars while I was getting traction. When I finally did it stayed even until my shifts. And I let out a lot sooner than you thought I did. When I let out you were about 2-2.5 up.

This tranny makes my car feel slower which it definitely is in first. Let me get some more seat time and we can try again. That was the first time I did some gear banging with the new tranny and clutch.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

Good races guys, can't wait to meet up with you and have some fun too.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

yeah sean, good races man ya dig #1 i was like jesus, I spun bad till like 30 or 40, usually i don't spin too much having a stock stall and 275 rear tires, just need to warm them up a tad on digs.

#2 dig was fun, I had to at least be going about 90+ when I let off as I noticed you missed a gear, you might have caught up sometime or another. Some narrow *** roads, btw no stall + roll = you're going to get me there having that m6 and gears

Good times man, me and the girl enjoyed it! hit me up whenever

Edited the first post with the info. But yeah that first dig I was gone once I hit 2nd. You got me bad the 2nd time. I tried alot more rpms off the launch and it killed me, but you were holding em off so idk if I would have came around. The roll was a foregone conclusion though until you get the stall that is.

That place isnt my favorite to race, but its best for earlier in the night. Usually theres no traffic. After Rob left though we didnt have much at all haha. The other place I wanted to go is 3 big lanes with full shoulders, but it was 2 or 3 hours too early to go there on a week night. We'll have to get some 3 wides going there next time Not too mention we can go on the highway for some rolls, but I love digs.

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
That first run is exactly as you said. The second was actually closer than the first. You jumped out about 1-1.5 cars while I was getting traction. When I finally did it stayed even until my shifts. And I let out a lot sooner than you thought I did. When I let out you were about 2-2.5 up.

This tranny makes my car feel slower which it definitely is in first. Let me get some more seat time and we can try again. That was the first time I did some gear banging with the new tranny and clutch.
I edited it for accuracy. I probably did stay in it longer than you now that I think about it. Seat time will change it all. The 2nd race I was ready for you to come around me. All things considered, I think you did pretty well and it can only get better from here. You said you wanted a low roll, so I went pretty low

Originally Posted by FST SS
let me know when you're in town. I dont mind getting my *** kicked....hell, these 2 will be coming around me real soon anyways Gotta get my wins while I can.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FST SS
Yeah man, will be some fun times.

And Sean, yeah, that place with the shoulders and stuff sounds fun, hit me up anytime, oh and yes, digs are hella fun.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah man, will be some fun times.

And Sean, yeah, that place with the shoulders and stuff sounds fun, hit me up anytime, oh and yes, digs are hella fun.
I really like where we were last night because of how long the straight is and hwo far away it is. If it were wider it would be perfect. The other spot is my favorite one local, especially since its like 2 miles from my driveway.

You need to update your mods in sig btw
Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Mach Boy- 03/04? Mach 1, 4.10s, full exhaust, mild cams (FR500s), ported intake, bolt-ons, T56
This car lost to a 12.8 @ 108 car?
I've always heard bone stock Mach-1's are 12 second cars, and bolt on/cammed/gear'd Mach-1's are 11 second cars.

He should have DESTROYED you.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I've always heard bone stock Mach-1's are 12 second cars, and bolt on/cammed/gear'd Mach-1's are 11 second cars.

12 second cars stock? haha.

in stock form they are 13.2-13.9 cars, 13.2 being a veryyyy good driver and some sticky tires, most run mid to high 13's stock.

Anyway, as you seen above, he installed a new tranny and clutch and is relearning the car, so I believe he doesn't have much seat time in the new setup yet.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ju1ce

#1- He has a completely new tranny/cltuch to get used to. he even said it was his 1st time banging gears with the new setup. If you dont think that skewed the results, you're just plain retarded.

#2- He had a lot more traction problems than me. If there was a video, all you'd hear from him is the tires screaming.

I guaruntee the next time we race it will be a different story. Seat time plays a huge factor is he is starting from scratch. I know I sucked at banging gears in the first week I had my car. My car will have a mod or 2 extra by the time we race next, but he'll be able to rip 'em.

12 second cars stock? haha.

in stock form they are 13.2-13.9 cars, 13.2 being a veryyyy good driver and some sticky tires, most run mid to high 13's stock.

Anyway, as you seen above, he installed a new tranny and clutch and is relearning the car, so I believe he doesn't have much seat time in the new setup yet.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
#1- He has a completely new tranny/cltuch to get used to. he even said it was his 1st time banging gears with the new setup. If you dont think that skewed the results, you're just plain retarded.

Maybe I'm just used to knowing how to drive.
Congrats on your kill of an 11 second car!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Good races and some sweet cars!! Vids arent working for me for some dumb reason how much did you get mischief by on the 25 roll??