Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Niteriderws6 (Charger SRT-8) vs Mannyman84 (WS6) *Videos*

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSsick
Rolls are (even though I do them ). He must have a massive deadspot for you to get him from a roll, or you took it to a bad speed for him. Check your muffler whenever you get exhaust, you might just have that. I had a Flowcrapper on my car, found it out when I tore the whole exhaust off for the duals.
I checked and there is no name on the exhaust. I'll again with the car in the air
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
I checked and there is no name on the exhaust. I'll again with the car in the air
........or you could put some exhaust on the damn thing.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About how big is your muffler? That should tell if it is stock or not.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

........or you could put some exhaust on the damn thing.
True. I want a corsa.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went under and took a pic. I don't think anymore that it's stock, let me know what u guys think it is...

Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

True. I want a corsa.
I went under and took a pic. I don't think anymore that it's stock, let me know what u guys think it is...

I wouldn't know what a stock muffler looks like, since I didn't have one, but I think mine only said Flowmaster on the other side of it and I didn't see it until I took it off. I could be wrong though, since it was so long ago. The rest of the exhaust looks pretty clean and not worn for stock IMO.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I doubt it's a flowmaster. Doesn't sound like one. I see braces so I don't think it's stock, maybe it's magnaflow, but yet I've heard other magna flows on ls's and they don't sound like mine. It's really quiet at idle but roars up top. Haven't really checked if it says anything on top of it.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Looks like stock muffler
Old 09-23-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gohard
Looks like stock muffler
How sure are u?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

I doubt it's a flowmaster. Doesn't sound like one. I see braces so I don't think it's stock, maybe it's magnaflow, but yet I've heard other magna flows on ls's and they don't sound like mine. It's really quiet at idle but roars up top. Haven't really checked if it says anything on top of it.
I was just saying thats how mine was, not what brand yours could be. I have no idea, but when you take it off, if it doesnt say a brand name anywhere, its stock.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was just saying thats how mine was, not what brand yours could be. I have no idea, but when you take it off, if it doesnt say a brand name anywhere, its stock.
Oh I see. Cause my old 2000 TA said GM on it. Base TA. Quiet as ***
Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Nice runs. What speed did you guys start at? You were holding a gear and ESP partially/fully off?

Thank you for posting the race vs manny. Back when I was stock, I raced a bone stock SRT8, he had a passenger and just floored it. FWIW, my ttops were off too. I downshifted, nailed it, and stopped his pull and pulled even with him by 120ish when I let off. No one believed me about this, although this vid (and my recent "race" with a 300 SRT8) will prove that.

Manny got beat?!?!
Its possible but 100-120mph it's in the meat of 3rd making it unlikely. Maybe his ESP was on or it was heat soaked?

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Low 13's - High 12's maybe, I dont know what the air is like here in california or the track prep im from the midwest (missouri) and Ive never ran here at the local drag strips. Plus I cant launch this car to save my life, no matter what I do I break the tires loose everytime. Somtimes I hate that I moved here for emission reasons. If I still lived in MO and didnt have smog and all that I would already have plans for a nice stall and a cam. But looks like that will never happen.
Tire psi in the mid-30s, tread warm, slight brake torque then mash the gas as soon as you start rolling. 1.9x 60fts every time surface allowing.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
which dragstrip? depending on weather i bet u could go 13.3 since its still warm here in cali
LOL. 13.3s with a 2.0x 60ft guaranteed.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

its supposed to be High 90s might even hit 100 in Fontana..thats why i said 13.3ish
Old 09-24-2010, 04:19 AM
On The Tree

I have the entire stock catback/mufflers sitting in my garage. Do you have stock tips? Take a look at your exhaust tips, that could tell the whole story right there
Old 09-24-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gohard
I have the entire stock catback/mufflers sitting in my garage. Do you have stock tips? Take a look at your exhaust tips, that could tell the whole story right there
I have dual tips
Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Hey NiteriderWS6, what's the deal with the SRT8 auto-stick mode that you mentioned as a bad idea in the first video ?
Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Its possible but 100-120mph it's in the meat of 3rd making it unlikely. Maybe his ESP was on or it was heat soaked?
A n/a engine claiming heat soak? That's a new one on me. I guessed I was "heat soaked" being at operating temp as well. I know you're a big Mopar guy here, but it happened. I was bone stock, and reeled him in, in the "meat of 3rd" as you said. Meaning if he lined up and honked it off, I would have been in front of him. Its more than possible, because it happened. Me in a good spot in 2nd gear + him being an auto w/ passenger = my win. I can't imagine ESP on would do a lto frmo a higher roll.

I just reeled a 300SRT8 in hard a week or two ago when he ricer jumped on me every time. They make great power, just too heavy for their own good.

I need to find one SRT8 driver that actually knows how to race and doesnt just take off (the Challenger did that too after I took him from a dig).
Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Magnaflow on a otherwise stock LS1 is very quiet at idle, almost stock sounding. Opens up when you get on it but still a quiet exhaust untill your cammed i believe. Even those with longtubes have said, the exhaust is still quiet with magnaflow on there. That looks like a huge muffler for being stock, looks bigger then the slp dual/dual muffler i had on mine. The I-Pipe looks way to clean as well for being stock, my stock pipe was all rusted looking.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A n/a engine claiming heat soak? That's a new one on me. I guessed I was "heat soaked" being at operating temp as well. I know you're a big Mopar guy here, but it happened. I was bone stock, and reeled him in, in the "meat of 3rd" as you said. Meaning if he lined up and honked it off, I would have been in front of him. Its more than possible, because it happened. Me in a good spot in 2nd gear + him being an auto w/ passenger = my win. I can't imagine ESP on would do a lto frmo a higher roll.

I just reeled a 300SRT8 in hard a week or two ago when he ricer jumped on me every time. They make great power, just too heavy for their own good.

I need to find one SRT8 driver that actually knows how to race and doesnt just take off (the Challenger did that too after I took him from a dig).

That's how it is. A lot of them get so cocky because they think HP specs is everything, but they forget about weight. I had a guy with an srt8 300c telling me he was going to dust me because he had more HP and he had a bigger engine. Poor guy didn't know what he had coming. At least Nite knows what he is dealing with when he runs an LS car. Hey Nite are you planning on getting another LS in the future?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

You have the dual tips meaning quads right? I bet you have a slp exhaust. "SLP" is etched on the tips if you look very close at them.