Old 10-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill
Old 10-12-2010, 02:28 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
The NSX never even broke into 12s stock.
I remember seeing a test of one that ran a 12.9, but that's not really important... 13.1-13.3 was the norm, which is "neck and neck" with an LS1 Corvette. They trapped about the same usually (106-108mph), and had about the same ~175mph top speed.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
People say that, but it still outran cars that cost three times as much and made nearly twice the power on a race track...
Which cars in particular are you talking about?

I remember seeing a test of one that ran a 12.9, but that's not really important... 13.1-13.3 was the norm, which is "neck and neck" with an LS1 Corvette. They trapped about the same usually (106-108mph), and had about the same ~175mph top speed.
What's the point of that comparison? The C5 had a base price of $37,500 while the NSX costs nearly 90k! I would only hope the NSX could "match" the performance of the base C5. And lets not even mention the 450hp Dodge Viper cause, well that was just ugly. lol
Old 10-12-2010, 04:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy

What's the point of that comparison? The C5 had a base price of $37,500 while the NSX costs nearly 90k! I would only hope the NSX could "match" the performance of the base C5. And lets not even mention the 450hp Dodge Viper cause, well that was just ugly. lol
Did you read what I typed? The OP was in 3rd gear going 30mph, and I simply stated that I highly doubt the NSX was in 1st gear or he would have gotten a jump. The C5 comparison was made because some people have no idea what NSXs run.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Did you read what I typed? The OP was in 3rd gear going 30mph, and I simply stated that I highly doubt the NSX was in 1st gear or he would have gotten a jump. The C5 comparison was made because some people have no idea what NSXs run.
yeah ok. lol
Old 10-12-2010, 04:59 PM
***Repost Police***

Not sure what's so "lol" about that... but whatever you say.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Incredible chassis, an aluminum space-frame, remember, but kind of limited on power compared to LSx engines (I think due to vale-to-valve clearance). It's a special car, but would be even more special with an LSx IMO (I don't think it's very feasible though.).
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM
***Repost Police***

LSX TV is doing an LS7 swap in an NSX... should be wicked
Old 10-12-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't the OP's car a procharged C6?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
***Repost Police***

Haha oops missed that one . Previous statements retracted.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill. The NSX never had a chance but now you know how good your car pulls in 3rd gear!!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmofield
Did the car have a huge wing? I seen a red nsx that was loud here in columbus racing an old 80's rocker in his ferrari that dude try's to race everyone lol.
The car was red but didn't have a huge wing. Just the integrated spoiler thing in the rear hatch.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chavez885
Sure is. P1SC with a tad over 500rwhp
Old 10-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
My wife is in love with Nsx's. There was a blue one for sale in town at a local exotic dealership, 2004ish I think with 10,000 miles on it. They wanted $40,000!!! I actually contemplated it but when I sat inside of it I was very dissapointed, the interior of those cars are pathetic for the price tag, I felt like I was in a old Honda Civic.
If it really is a 2004-ish with 10K (and nothing wrong w/ it), that is a very VERY good price. You could turn a major profit just flipping that to an NSX enthusiast.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
x2!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone else to catch that.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Off topic her but...wasnt your corvette black?

And also whatever happened to the E55 vs V conundrum?
Good eye

I ended up with passing on another 4dr and traded in the SRT8 on a mint 06 LMB M6 C6. I actually didn't like my 08 LS3 C6....long story. I've got big plans for the LS2 though no worries-
Old 10-13-2010, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha oops missed that one . Previous statements retracted.
lol..

Originally Posted by DaytonaFIC6
Sure is. P1SC with a tad over 500rwhp
You son of a bitch!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

In before Killemall shows up and talks about his NSX and how it's a supercar with lots of raw wheel horsepower.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy

you have no idea...ive had rx7's camaro beamers vette and currently have a 03 viper and 91 nsx...

Let me tell you a nsx is in a total differant class than a vette. From the way it looks to especially the way it drives. To me it is a bottom of the barrel exotic just like my viper. But thats my opinion..However any way you look at it...It's a VERY rare car and people have very kool reactions to seeing it. No one hardly notices a vette..been there done that and really thats what all the extra money is for..The rarity and pimp status..

As childish as it seems is a lambo really so much better than a c6Z06???They both look pretty mean...They are both fast..But a gallardo looks a lil more special and has the rarity and pricetag..

But forget about all that crap for a second. i swear to you that an nsx drives like no car you have ever driven before..i swear on my childrens lives I am telling you the truth. It is a race car that was desighned for anyone to drive comfortably. The nose is VERY short and you feel so connected with the road.

I just cant find the words..it is really that good.

Viper is a fun car and very torquey and makes you feel like you have a ball sack the size of a softball while cruising the interstate ect. But it aint no nsx..

vette does many things well..But isnt really special at anything. great entry level sports car though. My 2004 was purchased brand new and from 04-06 when i traded for the viper she never gave me one problem. I added 80 rwhp to her through H/C and she just begged for more
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
you have no idea...ive had rx7's camaro beamers vette and currently have a 03 viper and 91 nsx...

Let me tell you a nsx is in a total differant class than a vette. From the way it looks to especially the way it drives. To me it is a bottom of the barrel exotic just like my viper. But thats my opinion..However any way you look at it...It's a VERY rare car and people have very kool reactions to seeing it. No one hardly notices a vette..been there done that and really thats what all the extra money is for..The rarity and pimp status..

As childish as it seems is a lambo really so much better than a c6Z06???They both look pretty mean...They are both fast..But a gallardo looks a lil more special and has the rarity and pricetag..

But forget about all that crap for a second. i swear to you that an nsx drives like no car you have ever driven before..i swear on my childrens lives I am telling you the truth. It is a race car that was desighned for anyone to drive comfortably. The nose is VERY short and you feel so connected with the road.

I just cant find the words..it is really that good.

Viper is a fun car and very torquey and makes you feel like you have a ball sack the size of a softball while cruising the interstate ect. But it aint no nsx..

vette does many things well..But isnt really special at anything. great entry level sports car though. My 2004 was purchased brand new and from 04-06 when i traded for the viper she never gave me one problem. I added 80 rwhp to her through H/C and she just begged for more
One thing you forgot to mention when comparing the c6z and the lgallardo and that would be that the gallardo is slow. Extremely slow as a matter of fact.

And what do you mean by the nsx is in a total diff class than a vette? Once again last time I checked a Z out performs the nsx on every platform.