Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Race against a rare car

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:31 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
One thing you forgot to mention when comparing the c6z and the lgallardo and that would be that the gallardo is slow. Extremely slow as a matter of fact.

And what do you mean by the nsx is in a total diff class than a vette? Once again last time I checked a Z out performs the nsx on every platform.
Numbers aren't everything. I'm not saying an NSX is uber-superior compared to a Corvette, but it does handle better. And it's built better. And (compared to C5s) it is dead-nuts in a straightline. A world championship-winning Formula 1 driver helped design/perfect it, and it shows. But it doesn't run 10s off the showroom floor, so you're right... it sucks
Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Numbers aren't everything. I'm not saying an NSX is uber-superior compared to a Corvette, but it does handle better. And it's built better. And (compared to C5s) it is dead-nuts in a straightline. A world championship-winning Formula 1 driver helped design/perfect it, and it shows. But it doesn't run 10s off the showroom floor, so you're right... it sucks
It's a car that costs 90K it should be able to keep up with a Z, but it can't. That's awesome that a superior car can keep up with a base c5. They look good, but I don't think they are the "bees knees" that everyone seems to think they are.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
It's a car that costs 90K it should be able to keep up with a Z, but it can't. That's awesome that a superior car can keep up with a base c5. They look good, but I don't think they are the "bees knees" that everyone seems to think they are.
And that's fine... toward the end of the run, NSXs were a lot of money. But when they were released they were barely more than a base Corvette and would make one look silly around a road course, and were making Ferrari owners wonder wtf just happened. Which was the point. They might be too much for you, but people that bought them obviously didn't think so.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Id buy an NSX to road race it. Or you could go the love fab route and make 1000rwhp =/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dWmQwBeo4

If anyone bitches about the interior, please. IMO the viper is disgusting in comparison
Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Id buy an NSX to road race it. Or you could go the love fab route and make 1000rwhp =/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dWmQwBeo4

If anyone bitches about the interior, please. IMO the viper is disgusting in comparison
Never seen a vipers interior lol, but I always hear people complain about vette interiors.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And that's fine... toward the end of the run, NSXs were a lot of money. But when they were released they were barely more than a base Corvette and would make one look silly around a road course, and were making Ferrari owners wonder wtf just happened. Which was the point. They might be too much for you, but people that bought them obviously didn't think so.
I notice you keep comparing the NSX to the "base" Corvette. lol Is that an attempt to make the NSX look better because im just not seeing your point. Fact of the matter is it wasn't intended to be compared with the base Corvette but instead the ZR1! And let me bring you up on little secret, you ready? The ZR1 put up numbers just as good as the NSX and actually ran faster in the slalom in one of Car and Driver's tests. Both cars had identical numbers 60-0 braking as well FWIW. Of course the ZR1 would murder the NSX on the street and was cheaper to boot.

Last edited by Redfire 03; 10-15-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I notice you keep comparing the NSX to the "base" Corvette. lol Is that an attempt to make the NSX look better because im just not seeing your point. Fact of the matter is it wasn't intended to be compared with the base Corvette but instead the ZR1! And let me bring you up on little secret, you ready? The ZR1 put up numbers just as good as the NSX and actually ran faster in the slalom in one of Car and Driver's tests. Both cars had identical numbers 60-0 braking as well FWIW. Of course the ZR1 would murder the NSX on the street and was cheaper to boot.
The ZR1 was an awesome performer as well. I'm not trying to say that one is necessarily "better" than another, and I don't know which one I would pick if you threw a '95 ZR1 and a '95 NSX in front of me and told me to choose. Like I said, numbers aren't everything.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Give me a freaking brake you guys are missing the point...Blah blah blah it should be for 90K..

you do realize that rolling around in a rare 90K car is pretty freaking sick right? Im just saying...it's not just about numbers man...your paying for the status...i didnt pay 35K for a supercharged 1991 nsx in 2008 because i wanted a 12 second car....thats still slow as hell..but the looks/status and handling..well that was worth every penny

The 90k shows it's face when you actually drive the car...and the desighn is pretty sick as well to be honest. Short hood with wide windshield and long rear deck with engine behind you that you can see through the rear glass...yea...Nothing kool about that...

My friend bought one and before that I was just like you guys. I had a white c5 vette with 380 rwhp from a mild h/c pachage. my buddy bought a white 2005 nsx.

We cruised them a bit and the nsx made the corvette disapear. it was lower and much more exotic looking and the interior was head and shoulders above the c5..

And hell yea we raced them..Would you belieave that the stock 2005 nsx ran door to door with my head and cammed C5??????

That stock 2005 nsx also ran door to door with my supercharged 91 nsx..

I was so impressed with his nsx that I completely changed my opinion on them and went out and bought one