Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bolt on Mach 1 destroyed modded LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm calling BS.. Its impossible for Mustangs to beat Camaro's! It wont ever happen.

Only kidding! Good races. I've had a terrable tendency to bite off more than I can chew with mustangs. It seems as though all the ones I race open a can of whoop *** on me. Cant ever find a 99-04 GT with just an exhaust to beat up on these days.. I only run into KB/Turbo 03/04 cobra's.

Originally Posted by Bird
I have no doubt that Stop knows his stuff - I've seen his posts here and on other forums, but I'm not going to hug his sack and defend him. He stated the Camaro was modded when it probably had only an exhaust and yet he calls his just a 'bolt-on' (last I checked, bolt-on's were modifications and he's got his fair share...).

From way he described it and the fact that he let off by 70mph WAY ahead of the Camaro, it seems to me the 'old fart' was just playing with him and had just goosed it real good to get him to play and then let off. I don't call that a 'race' - it's just screwing around on the streets (although the popo would definitely consider otherwise)

But, we'll just go ahead and say it was 'destruction' to appease the masses............

Bird
Who cares? If its not stock... It has to be modded!! Exhaust counts as a mod.

Last edited by Camaro_94; 10-09-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4 cams + 32v = lots of air into/out of the motor. The is what creates horsepower. The modular motors do not need a ton of cubes to keep up (and beat) GM stuff because of this. I don't know why its so hard to swallow. LS1s have, can, and will get beat forever. Just accept it, damnit.

I love how childish these arguments get when it comes down to GM vs Ford.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
4 cams + 32v = lots of air into/out of the motor. The is what creates horsepower. The modular motors do not need a ton of cubes to keep up (and beat) GM stuff because of this. I don't know why its so hard to swallow. LS1s have, can, and will get beat forever. Just accept it, damnit.

Waits for the "you need 4 cams to beat me!" comments..
Old 10-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BODUKE
Chill out you guys take this thing too seriously! ps Ford doesnt give a **** about you taking up for their motors either.
Just curious...what car and mods do u have?
Old 10-09-2010, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

You dont need to 32 valves to make a small motor make decent power, all you need is good heads, no matter the amount of valves.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

tsk tsk ... A mustang beat a camaro - a camaro beat a mustang. All good in my book as long as niether of them beat ME. lmao
Old 10-09-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill man i honestly do not see around here at least a stock Mach beating a stock LS1 Z28, they run mid 13's stock.

Mod motors are no joke though, although the last one I raced I did beat pretty neatly, he had 125 shot, full race suspension slicks and skinnies and a couple of bolt-ons, had him by a car and a half at the end because I let off thinking I hit the finish then got back on it. We raced in Mexcio.....

We can all say GM is better than Ford but that won't make it true, I honestly love a few of Ford's cars, 03/04 Cobra, the newer gt500's are way sexier than the 2010 trail blazer... err i mean camaro. Good job OP I love it when people get cocky and get their asses handed to them.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

WTF! Its common knowledge that the 4.6's beat the sluggish LS1s. I got murdered by a stockish 4.6 a few days ago.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jeffreycastgsx
You dont need to 32 valves to make a small motor make decent power, all you need is good heads, no matter the amount of valves.
I was joking around mostly. I know you can make good power out of a smaller motor 2v
Old 10-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I've been looking alittle and it seems $3,000 is all the bolts, belts, fittings, etc.. Maybe I will piece it together over a few months. I just REALLY hate the idea of putting a blower on a non forged motor. Been there before and it sucks. But building the motor = $$$$ and headache (pulling the motor and putting it back in).
dont do it man. I'm still fighting my car, i had a reputable shop put my engine together and install it, and tune it. and everything else just keeps breaking, starter, alternator, power-steering pump, now its the oil pump, suddenly just lost about 20psi. i wish i had stayed with bolt on's. i might not be as fast, but i could turn the key and drive it any time i wanted. but.. thats just my 2 cents.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

I was joking around mostly. I know you can make good power out of a smaller motor 2v
Old 10-10-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, with boost
Old 10-10-2010, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
WTF! Its common knowledge that the 4.6's beat the sluggish LS1s. I got murdered by a stockish 4.6 a few days ago.
Im going to hope you are joking. Ive murdered every even close to stock 4.6 stang ive run up against.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

Look I will give any fast car its props, but when it comes down too it all of you Ford guys around talking all this trash about how your almost 10 year newer motors and cars are "destroying" LS1's. Good Game it took you just short of a decade to do it.
What late model Ford is N/A 500hp? None, Ford uses superchargers to get there (Can't wait for the new supercharged Z28 ). And get your facts straight, more displacement and stroke makes more torque, not air and valves. Big valves can do that same thing as more smaller valves. Saying you have more cams and valves is better is like saying my v10 is better then your v8, because I have more cylinders. When is the Gillette Mach 6 Mustang getting released? Its better since its a higher number.
Reality is the LSx motors are sweet. No one else is pulling big block cubes and power out of a aluminum small block. They are also popping up in new and old hot rods everywhere. They fit better then the HUGE Mod Motors and have great drivablility and power.
The BRAND new 5.0 mod motors and BRAND new 5.0 Mustangs aren't bad with all their technology, and they are Finally making some HP numbers. Good street racing. Enjoy your G/F's car, and next time post a kill story in your own car.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yay! Stopsign is still alive! Good kill
Old 10-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Teching In

Good Kill, people always tend to underestimate the Mach's
Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Don't matter how you make power as long as make. Ford has superchargers, GM has displacement, its the same ****. Small motors can make just as much power as a big one, just they need lots more "stuff". Like the 2011 mustang, high compression, 4 phasers for VCT, good heads, headers stock, dual runner intake. It all don't matter, as long as your fast.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick

Speak for yourself.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious...what car and mods do u have?
2001 camaro h/c ls1 and its not my girlfriends car
Old 10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Now that's what I'm talking about! Someone else here actually has a set of ***** and isn't afraid to call it like it is. Good post...damned near brought a tear to my eye.

Stopsign - I'm calling on your kill. The almighty LS1 can never be beaten!
UNIT214......you are the man. rattle traps? no way. rattle traps... is the last thing im thinking when i get beside one. i hope i dont look like a fool is what im thinking. in the 2011 i mean. the other car isnt fair. never felt any pressure in it.

Quick Reply: bolt on Mach 1 destroyed modded LS1