Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2005 CTS-V vs. 2011 5.0 w/ VID

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 20GTSTANG08
How would you possibly know this? I think the Z28 is going to have the same problem as the Gt500, a heavy car having trouble putting down all the power to ground. So when the Z28 comes out im sure the mags and people will be running crappy times as well (stock of course).
So the Z28 is gonna be too heavy and wont be able to put the power to the ground, guess you havent done much research on the 09-10 CTS-vs with the same exact engine the Z will have that also happens to weigh over 4,000 lbs and still will go low 12s bone stock on drag radials.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So im stating my opinion and that makes me a troll if you say so. So if someone in a honda that you beat tells you if i had four more cylinders i would beat you thats not a ricer excuse its just there opinion right.
Your an idiot. Read through this whole thread before you say some stupid bs. This thread has a whole bunch of trolls. Did I direct my comment straight towards you? Yea its just their opinion. If a Honda owner did say that I would laugh... But whatever that's THEIR opinion. Everyone is allowed to their opinions. Your making this convo really dumb dude... I only said Chevy needs to lower the weight of the Camaro in order for it to compete with the 2011 GT. I didn't know that it would be SUCH A BIG DEAL!?!? Does that make it a ricer excuse? I Think your starting to overuse the term "ricer excuse" bud...... Sorry I said if the Camaro weighed less it would destroy the 5.0 haha Who knew it would get under someones skin
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
i dislike fords. All of them. I can respect a fast car. And fords can be made and some come fast. but no matter what they are they are still fords. IMO anyway
I know you aren't trying to say Fords are poor quality or anything that ignorant, are you? Especially when compared to American automakers?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Your an idiot. Read through this whole thread before you say some stupid bs. This thread has a whole bunch of trolls. Did I direct my comment straight towards you? Yea its just their opinion. If a Honda owner did say that I would laugh... But whatever that's THEIR opinion. Everyone is allowed to their opinions. Your making this convo really dumb dude... I only said Chevy needs to lower the weight of the Camaro in order for it to compete with the 2011 GT. I didn't know that it would be SUCH A BIG DEAL!?!? Does that make it a ricer excuse? I Think your starting to overuse the term "ricer excuse" bud...... Sorry I said if the Camaro weighed less it would destroy the 5.0 haha Who knew it would get under someones skin
Its not getting under my skin not a big deal just stating my opinion as you were, so we can leave it that.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
So the Z28 is gonna be too heavy and wont be able to put the power to the ground, guess you havent done much research on the 09-10 CTS-vs with the same exact engine the Z will have that also happens to weigh over 4,000 lbs and still will go low 12s bone stock on drag radials.
Thank you. The fact that GM is using the performance pack GT500 as a benchmark for the Camaro Z28? Um yea... Pretty sure GM goal with the Z28 is to outperform the 2011 GT500 in pretty much EVERYTHING. Now if & when the Z28 does do that of course Ford will try & beat the Z28 later. But I'm sure that wont be for a couple years to come But hey the Z28 isn't out yet with its specs so who knows right? I mean the CTS-V only did this against a 2011 GT500? & that's a luxury family car... haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-qF_Xzjl4
Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Im talking about stock with no drag radials i have no doubt it will run good times with drag radials on it, but not with stock tires.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

We are seriously still beating the dead horse about the 2011 GT?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im talking about stock with no drag radials i have no doubt it will run good times with drag radials on it, but not with stock tires.
Might wanna check the link I posted.... Still beats the GT500 runnin low 12's & both cars are on street tires. With DR tires they can run mid to high 11's
Old 10-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
yeah man.. join in.. the water is nice and toasty
Old 10-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Might wanna check the link I posted.... Still beats the GT500 runnin low 12's & both cars are on street tires. With DR tires they can run mid to high 11's

I cant watch the link at the moment i was just going by what itslow was sayin.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
And the bad thing is none of the people talking so much about them have one. (or could even afford one)
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
And the bad thing is none of the people talking so much about them have one. (or could even afford one)
Haha? Um actually my friends parents own a new Cadillac CTS-V which his dad took me for a hell of a ride in & I know a guy at the runs I go to that owns a GT500. But you can say whatever you want about someone you don't know
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by snake95
I know you aren't trying to say Fords are poor quality or anything that ignorant, are you? Especially when compared to American automakers?
Yes he is, Whats ur counter-argument?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
Yes Yes I am!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Haha? Um actually my friends parents own a new Cadillac CTS-V which his dad took me for a hell of a ride in & I know a guy at the runs I go to that owns a GT500. But you can say whatever you want about someone you don't know
Oh excuse me, your friend's parents own one. I stand corrected! lol
Old 10-20-2010, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh excuse me, your friend's parents own one. I stand corrected! lol
Haha well its not a big deal? I'm 20 years old. If I had a friend that owned one I would be pretty impressed or their just some rich bitches. Most people around that age aren't driving around in a new CTS-V or GT500? I'm just saying....
Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6 Love
Yes he is, Whats ur counter-argument?
Um, personal experience. GM cars for example, while usually looking nice and performing well, are rattle-traps that make you say WTF was that noise when you go over bumps and railroad tracks. My parents have always owned GM everything and my mom's 06 Equinox hasn't exactly stood the test of time (6 years) side trim falling off, cruise going out, randomly locks the door over and over for about a minute. Dad's z28, rattly as a ************. Those are just current examples, not the entire history of GM vehicle problems we've had, but oh well, dad is a diehard GM guy. Not saying I would never own a GM, I love TA's and Firebirds, but if I want a quiet, comfortable ride with a quality interior/exterior, and I want to buy American, it will be Ford without a doubt.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

If fords werent owned mostly by *****. and mostly POSs. And if they ever brought their best engineering to the US... MAybe i wouldnt hate them for being the big bad evil car company they are.

Fix Or Repair Daily
Flip Over Read Directions

and the best.. teh one they earned the most...

Found On Road Dead
Old 10-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trav's_TransAm
The 5.0 handles good...
Not really, No. Having driven a new SS, rented for a week a V6 Camaro, rented a new 5.0 auto, driven another 5.0 auto (no ringer in other words), driven a Hemi Challenger, rented a Charger, Challenger, and 300 (V6 turds) I can say this: The Camaro is the hands down handling winner. Even the V6 Camaro would give a 5.0 a run for it's money on a tight course- bone stock auto verse bone stock auto.

Upgrade the ?purposefully? crappy 5.0 suspension and some springs/shocks on the Camaro and IMO the roles would change- but stock for stock the Camaro turns in, plants, and powers out of corners better.

For you new guys, might want to read this thread me and NiteriderWS6 did awhile ago:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...1-5-0-gts.html

A member on here happened to even put it into a newspaper, though I wish he woulda edited first:
http://www.examiner.com/autos-in-san...e-and-overview
Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed. I find it hilarious. I'm only 20 and could afford a brand new Mustang GT with cash, I'm just choosing to save it and drive my DD into the ground so when I'm out of college I can defer having to buy a new car for a couple years.

Until then, people who do not own the car, let alone the ones who talk **** who have probably never driven/ridden in one for more than 5 minutes are just ignorant to make all their claims about it. Not going to lie, I do love the competition though. Its just going to make each company give us, the consumers, a better product