Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Oh boy...never again. long read

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010 | 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
30 over is a felony and arrest/impound car on any highway.

street racing is an arrest here too I'm pretty sure.

Not to promote my stupidity, but I have been involved in 2 near life changing experiences while racing bikes in my SS, both times I saw lights, both times I kept going. No way a cop is going to get you from a standstill if you blow by him at 140-150 and know where you're going. Night time helps this a lot and there really aren't enough highway patrolmen to call in backup before you're off an exit 5 miles down and disappeared.
Hope youre not talking about highway 9. That place is nothing but a breeding ground for norman pd, ohp, and the sheriffs office.

And street racing (participating in an illegal speed contest) is not an arrestable offense. I got nabbed for attempt to elude because the cop pulled over the car I was racing and never blue lighted me so I slowed to the speed limit and kept going. Of course that got dropped in court real quick but my bail was $2000 and I spent the night in county. Needless to say if I stop light race anymore it usually a quick sprint to 60 before letting off and if I see a cop I pull over before he even gets a chance to blue light me. Ive gotten let out of two racing tickets and recieved 1-10mph over (doesnt go on your record) tickets instead.
Old 10-26-2010 | 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Hope youre not talking about highway 9. That place is nothing but a breeding ground for norman pd, ohp, and the sheriffs office.

And street racing (participating in an illegal speed contest) is not an arrestable offense. I got nabbed for attempt to elude because the cop pulled over the car I was racing and never blue lighted me so I slowed to the speed limit and kept going. Of course that got dropped in court real quick but my bail was $2000 and I spent the night in county. Needless to say if I stop light race anymore it usually a quick sprint to 60 before letting off and if I see a cop I pull over before he even gets a chance to blue light me. Ive gotten let out of two racing tickets and recieved 1-10mph over (doesnt go on your record) tickets instead.
**** no dude. To speed in excess of 100 on highway 9 is retarded (seeing how the road itself is a pos). 235 WAY before Edmond and 44 are probably the best places to speed in the region. Never seen a cop on 44 in my 3 years.
Old 10-26-2010 | 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

30 over is a felony and arrest/impound car on any highway.
A million years ago, back when I was young and foolish, I had my 1st hot rod (a 1973 GTO with a 455, cam, intake, and carb swap) and I was travelling up I-75 (north of Saginaw MI) at about 137 mph in a 55 zone (like I said, a million years ago).

I got pulled over, and the cop used three sylables to pronounce the word "boy". As in: "Booooyyyyaaahh! Do you realize that in the state of Michigan I can legally shoot you for doing eighty-five miles an hour OVER the limit!?!?!?!"

Not a good day.
Old 10-26-2010 | 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by great421
Do you realize that in the state of Michigan I can legally shoot you for doing eighty-five miles an hour OVER the limit!?!?!?!"
No he can't.
Old 10-26-2010 | 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
No he can't.
Doesn't matter, that's what he said, and with that he had my complete and total attention.
Old 10-26-2010 | 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by great421
Doesn't matter, that's what he said, and with that he had my complete and total attention.
Well yeah
Old 10-26-2010 | 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess scare tactics do work sometimes, lol

**** no dude. To speed in excess of 100 on highway 9 is retarded (seeing how the road itself is a pos). 235 WAY before Edmond and 44 are probably the best places to speed in the region. Never seen a cop on 44 in my 3 years.
It's not a good idea to post this info on a public forum, specially since a lot of cops are members here.
Old 10-26-2010 | 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
I guess scare tactics do work sometimes, lol

It's not a good idea to post this info on a public forum, specially since a lot of cops are members here.
It's common knowledge. If they don't know that 235 and 44 are breeding grounds for street racing then they shouldn't be a cop.

Just sayin'

Old 10-26-2010 | 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

Yep. Up here they can arrest you for reckless driving (btw it's reckless, not wreckless)
Lmao!
Old 10-27-2010 | 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Sucks, but you'll get through it. I consider those kinda tickets to be "Track Fees".

Lawyer up for the exhibition of speed: if you don't your insurance is gonna KILL you. At the very least fight the redlight ticket. Figure $800 for the exhibition of speed, $250-350 for the redlight.

It's only $25-$35 to go to the track ya know.
x2 on the track.

Yeah , and that's why police officers never wanna give breaks much. Because of the slap in the face that comes after when they have to go to court on their spare time to back a small charge like that. In the officer's mind, he may as well have just thrown the book at him then. You wanna play the game, ante up and don't whine when you get caught. Good story though, lucky break!
Old 10-27-2010 | 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oddwraith
x2 on the track.

Yeah , and that's why police officers never wanna give breaks much. Because of the slap in the face that comes after when they have to go to court on their spare time to back a small charge like that. In the officer's mind, he may as well have just thrown the book at him then. You wanna play the game, ante up and don't whine when you get caught. Good story though, lucky break!
Lots of people like seeing what their car does after that 1/4 mile. I know for a fact at the track I've been beat by guys I know I would've smoked after that 1/4 mile. Always fun to go 150 in a safe environment.
Old 10-27-2010 | 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of people like seeing what their car does after that 1/4 mile. I know for a fact at the track I've been beat by guys I know I would've smoked after that 1/4 mile. Always fun to go 150 in a safe environment.
Like I said, if you wanna play then just in case, be prepared to pay. Whether it's track fees, fines, lawsuits, or just fuel, your luck, your choice
Old 10-27-2010 | 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

found out the ticket is $157.50. less then running the damn stop sign ticket by 5 bucks, wtf is that lol oh well, i can do that. I'll just pay it and get it done with.
Old 10-27-2010 | 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Like I said, if you wanna play then just in case, be prepared to pay. Whether it's track fees, fines, lawsuits, or just fuel, your luck, your choice
Old 10-29-2010 | 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wicked05Goat
Bad day. That sucks.. I was messing around with a very nice Black Ls1 Z on the highway in my C6 and well after i left him in the dust about 130-140 and slow down he catch's up and pulls me over. Yes State Trooper. Only thing that saved me is my family is all law as well. And no i never said anything about my family being who they were but i did have F.O.P. plates on my car which are police plates. So i got lucky and slowed down from doing that kinda stuff. Cop was actually pretty cool to me thoo..
hahaha I get scared playing with Chargers for this reason.
Old 11-02-2010 | 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, at one time I worked for two different police departments. Once I was driving home, and was still in uniform and had some dude in a truck pull up to me at the green. He had his window all the way down and looked over, "hey you wanna run?" Deep inside, yeah I wanted to, but for obvious reasons I couldn't. I rolled down my passenger side window a little more (that's the side he was on), just enough to expose the crest on my uniform ( i was just and auxiliary officer at that time-but he didn't know that lol). He must have turned about 10 shades of red, and when the light turned green I took off. I could see him in my mirror still slinking across the intersection SLOWLY in his truck lmao. Yeah, sometimes things can be funny but there are rules on the road for a reason, some people can't drive their thumbs up their asses, for one. I personally think that the penalties are a little steep, I can say that since I'm not employed by either service anymore