Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

It's a good day! Official BS thread. All the daddys on here come in

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Blueknight, that's a kissable little girl right there. Enjoy man, the time flies-
Old 11-05-2010, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see all these proud parents.

Looks like with you guys what my dad always said was true. "At first, you will be scared and oblivious on how to do anything with a newborn, but once it comes out and you see something that is your's you can't help but absolutely adore and love it"

Haha my mom told me about countless nights with me as a baby when she'd wake up to see my dad (a stationary sleeper) asleep on his back with me on his belly and his arms around me and noticed whenever he'd do that I slept better as a baby. Was also how I used to take naps when I was a toddler.

You all look like great dads
Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 21, so I'm hoping kids don't pop into the picture anytime soon.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
As was I.
Just wanted to make sure I didn't hit a low blow on one of the better guys here and **** an old fart off.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats - our first one turned 2 a couple weeks ago and our second boy was born on the 6th of this month (almost 2 years apart exactly). It's definitely a blast as the boy gets older. The baby stage is cute and all but after the first one I almost wish you could skip it and start with a 1 or 2 yr old!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Teching In

congrats and good luck to you and your family.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, I really don't know you other than a few posts here and there that I stumble across. I have to be honest with you, you're a real **** off on here sometimes when I read what you say, but yet I still read But what you just posted here, and how you feel about it is just too cool dude. Thanks for sharing with us, and you sound like you're gonna be a helluva dad. Congrats!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Damnit if I'm not having a good week!!! Today went to the 2nd doctor's appointment for my fiance since we are expecting our first kid. It has been crazy! My mom passed away when I was 17 and my dad passed away 2 months ago. So that was almost like a closing of the book for my life with them and family (hurt like o-holy hell and still does) but on the flip side the girl of my dreams is having my first child and we are getting married in less than 6 weeks! So its like an opening to my future family and I'm so damn excited about that. She is due May 14th and I cannot wait for it to get here! Man just thinking about all the things I want to do with my kid just puts a smile on my face. I've heard and heard and read on FB of all my friends having babies and them saying how its such a great feeling. I honestly thought they were going over the top and making it more of a deal than it is but boy was I wrong. I feel like I want to tell everyone I see out in public I'm expecting my first child. Right now in life I'm having it real rough (some of you know, some of you don't) but damn it I don't feel like the luckiest guy on the Earth right about now!

On top of that yesterday after putting my truck up for sale for 1 day I sold it for $9400 and the SAME DAY I found a 1 owner 97 Integra LS with only 82k miles garage kept for $4400 !! I'm going to try to talk them down to $3600 Going to go get it in 2 hours down in Atlanta and bringing it home and turning around and ordering a turbo kit tomorrow.

Sometimes God does things that need to be done that we might not think is fair, but he never gives you negative without paying you back positive. I'm no soap box Christian but I will say that God is good!!!
For the 1st time I can honestly agree with a post by you! GOD IS GOOD!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not on here too much anymore, but Congrats Stop!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

Soooooooooooo I had a pretty good game of COD this morning.....

Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Damn Sick, you must play that bitch all day
Old 11-05-2010, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Congrats on The additions OP! I can also say I have the girl of my dreams and 2 beautiful young ones! my Little boy just turned 4 on 10/30 and my little girl turned 2 on 09/09, They are soooooooooo amazing,My son is very involved(as much as he can be) in the build of my car,which is awesome,But the days i miss the most are the first few days after each was born, laying in the hospital bed with my wife and the lil ones sleeping on my chest ,just so peaceful and precious!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

All right.....this is just to much. I had to sign on for this tender moment.lol Congrats on the kid bro. It will change you profoundly. I also want you to picture the childs 1st birthday.
Sitting up with a toothless smile, big number one sticking out of the birthday cake. Then as you are about to snap that perfect picture your eyes meet and the child smiles back at you....and all you can think is May 14th........my child was born the same day as CuNfUzEd!!!!!!!! LOL.................congrats again.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Damn Sick, you must play that bitch all day
I am down to about 2 or 3 days a week, 2 hours tops. I used to play at least an hour or two 4 or 5 days a week when the game came out, just because I had a lot of time between school, work and the lady, but now I just don't. I'm trying to play more before Black Ops comes out (going to the midnight release). This was on like game #5 of the morning, felt good though.

[FWIW, I ran 5/7/9 (pred,harrier,pavelow) when I got this. Just running around Karachi with a UMP]
Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats man. Kids are fun.. and draining lol. But well worth it. I got my 2 1/2 yr old already saying mustang. Make sure when the kid is born to have the doctore check his blood to make sure its blue.

-Mark
Old 11-06-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations. Kids are the best. You just don't know how much you'll care until you pick that little one up into your arms for the first time. I have 8, but I'm on the back side of it all. The triplets are 14 and it's just them and my 19 yr old left at home. I would have more if I could spend the time with them, and afford it...
Old 11-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

LOL thanks guys! We still haven't decided on a name. We have a couple of girl names but neither of us can agree on a boy name. I'd like something like "Turbo" or "Camshaft" but she gives me a ugly look.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Oh and here is my new car. The hubcaps are pimp....

Door jams are in amazing shape!

Bone stock motor (not for long sadly)

Best part of the car...

Never been smoked in, never will be!

Check out the driver's side seat, NO wear! :shock:

And the money shot.......................
Old 11-06-2010, 12:03 PM

Damn Stop, I'm not sure you could have found a cleaner example. Excellent choice, what did you end up getting it for?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Damn Stop, I'm not sure you could have found a cleaner example. Excellent choice, what did you end up getting it for?
$4,400

Let me tell the story though...The ad on craigslist said $4,495. Sweet! So I drive down there over 2 hours and take time off work. I get down there and look at it and drive it. Come back and said "I like it, how much do you want for it?" and we start talking. It was a little mexican lot (not trying to be racist anyone that is Latino) and the owner wasn't even there. The little mexican guy told me "Well its $4,495 plus a 399 dealer fee." and said the owner should have told me that before I drove down. I didn't even talk to the owner. I called 3 different times to but he was never there. The little guy said "Oh....you didn't talk to him?" so he called him and told him that I was pretty upset. They waived the dealer fee. So I said "Ok now what does he want for the car?" and the guy said "$4,495" At this point my fiance walked outside and sat in the car because I think she was about to pull the guy over the desk. I got little man's cell phone and talked to the owner. I told him I wanted the car but it had a few things wrong with it along with I will have to change the timing belt soon. He asked me what I wanted to pay for it and I told him I thought $4,000 was a reasonable price for both of us. He came back with "I can't do that, I can sell it for what is on the ad". I told him again what was wrong with the car and he said "You can drive back home without buying it, I'm not making you buy it" at this point I gave the little guy his phone back because I was about to tell the owner what I thought of his mother. After going outside to cool off and talk to my fiance, which she wanted to leave the car and not pay what they were asking. I told her though that I wouldn't be able to find another one as nice for the price. So I went back inside and offered $4,400 just to get me on the road. They agreed and thats that. POS lot and I will NEVER buy another car from them.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
All right.....this is just to much. I had to sign on for this tender moment.lol Congrats on the kid bro. It will change you profoundly. I also want you to picture the childs 1st birthday.
Sitting up with a toothless smile, big number one sticking out of the birthday cake. Then as you are about to snap that perfect picture your eyes meet and the child smiles back at you....and all you can think is May 14th........my child was born the same day as CuNfUzEd!!!!!!!! LOL.................congrats again.
Don't forget that a one year old has the same table manners as Confuzed. There will be cake every where. How the hell you been man?