Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S/C WS6 '99 vs Super Snake '11

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default S/C WS6 '99 vs Super Snake '11

Alright so I was going to the grocery store with my wife in the TA with the t-tops out. We were just relaxing enjoying the mild Florida weather when we saw a white 2011 Shelby Super Snake driving around. I quickly flipped a u-turn and started driving behind him. I couldn't tell what model but it didn't matter because he was game to run as soon as he saw me turn around he went WOT for a few seconds to acknowledge. I followed him back past our neighborhood and to the nearby expressway. As we were getting on the expressway I got ready because I knew he was going to go WOT as soon as he could. I followed him in suit keeping my car in 1st gear and mashed the gas to the floor while moving into the left lane to go around him as he was fighting traction issues from going all out around the corner we had to take! Luckily, I had my stock wheels with some 275 Hoosier drag radials on them and I was hooking and booking! I pulled around him and continued to put about 4-5 cars on him before he got decent traction and stopped my pull. We ran that run from about 10 mph rolling around a corner to 100 mph or so! I tried to line up for second run from a roll and he came from 2 cars back going full throttle and then I hit it as he rolled by me. I stopped his pull and pulled up to his passenger door before we ran into traffic on that run. The second run was from about 60 mph to 120 mph. All in all some decent runs and really nice guy. I tried to talk to him but his chick kept saying I heard your nitrous kicking in??? I was like WTF I have no nitrous just a supercharger! Then he turned off going a different way. Cool guy for running me though! I wish I knew what model of Super Snake it was... I am guessing the lowest (660hp) model probably.

Cliff's: I ran into a 2011 Super Snake that was white with NC plates. We raced getting on the expressway and he broke traction early and I pulled about 4-5 cars before he got traction and stpped my pull but I finished the same distance if not more ahead in that run.

Second run was from a roll and he jumped me from 2 car lengths back I hit the gas as he came by me and stopped his pull and continued to pull to his passenger side door before we hit traffic.

Damn good time!

Last edited by Packy; 11-10-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Launching!

everytime i have a race with a chick, it never ends up good, that guy sounded alright, but his chick . i raced a chick in a catback GT, when i was cam/full exhaust. i destroyed it, of course, at the next light she was screaming at me that she was gonna get her B/F to beat my ***. i raced a chick in a 335i on the bypass last week, she instigated it and as i rolled past her in the V she gave me the finger. women....you cant live with em....and you cant shoot em
Old 11-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by the jester 812
everytime i have a race with a chick, it never ends up good, that guy sounded alright, but his chick . i raced a chick in a catback GT, when i was cam/full exhaust. i destroyed it, of course, at the next light she was screaming at me that she was gonna get her B/F to beat my ***. i raced a chick in a 335i on the bypass last week, she instigated it and as i rolled past her in the V she gave me the finger. women....you cant live with em....and you cant shoot em
The last line... I can't stop laughing!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr370Z I have never raced a woman. Ever. Just not worth it: simply because they can mash the gas doesnt mean they know how to handle the car if it gets out of control, and more importantly they let it become an emotional thing. And emotional women NEVER think rationally when in that kind of mental state.

Besides it pisses them off when you just look at them sadly and shake your head.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Launching!

My sister will race anybody. She's crazy and CAN drive. Well.
She took her latest car (2010 Vette targa A6) to the strip with 276 miles on it.
Went 12.52@118 really fighting to hook.
This car should go ok once it's BROKEN IN?!? lol
Old 11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet kill and great runs. My GF doesn't mind me running. Or I think she doesn't. When I run, her mouth is in mute in my head. I also ran a chick once in her GT and she ended up crashing into a semi. She just messed up her fender.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Sweet kill and great runs. My GF doesn't mind me running. Or I think she doesn't. When I run, her mouth is in mute in my head. I also ran a chick once in her GT and she ended up crashing into a semi. She just messed up her fender.
yeah but your the dick for that happening lol.. wasn't her fault...
Old 11-10-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djfury05
how is it not her fault?? she was racing, she should have known better. If you cant handle your ****, dont romp it, simple
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
how is it not her fault?? she was racing, she should have known better. If you cant handle your ****, dont romp it, simple
sarcasm lol.. c'mon now
Old 11-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Teching In

My girlfriend closes her eyes every time past 120. Should have recorded the time when I just slammed the brakes, laid on the horn and said "Oh **** **** **** **** ****!" Flooring it is also a good way to end an argument. She may fuss, but Michelle (my Cobra) whines. :p
Old 11-11-2010, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

Well it was a good run except for the dudes chick accusing me of spraying nitrous and then not being able to run again from a dead stop or get a cleaner roll race.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by getlearned
My girlfriend closes her eyes every time past 120. Should have recorded the time when I just slammed the brakes, laid on the horn and said "Oh **** **** **** **** ****!" Flooring it is also a good way to end an argument. She may fuss, but Michelle (my Cobra) whines. :p
"LATONYA" my99 ws6 VS. "THE WIFE" SAME WAY. ONE BITCHES AND THE OTHER ONE WHINES
Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Packy
Well it was a good run except for the dudes chick accusing me of spraying nitrous and then not being able to run again from a dead stop or get a cleaner roll race.
A good run is a good run, don't worry about the nitrous thing. People who don't know much much about cars usually seem to assume nitrous is involved when you pull on them.

I have an external wastegate, so the engine note changes at full boost and because that's when the car takes off, people assume that's when i hit the NOS. I've been accused/asked about it a few times.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
A good run is a good run, don't worry about the nitrous thing. People who don't know much much about cars usually seem to assume nitrous is involved when you pull on them.

I have an external wastegate, so the engine note changes at full boost and because that's when the car takes off, people assume that's when i hit the NOS. I've been accused/asked about it a few times.
Yeah, I have my bypass valve venting into the air so I always get that too. Well the chick was pissed after I drove around them and stretched him while he was searching for traction. Oh well that is racing on the street... After I have read more about those cars I learned that they are absolutely horrible for traction on the stock 20"s with 275 rubber. It definitley showed.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Teching In

I was with my girlfriend in her 350z while she was racing another girl in a 04 GT up to 140! who also had a guy passenger....I had my eyes closed when they stopped and we all talked afterwards both me and the other guy said we were scared sh*tless. Its not the same going 140 with your girl driving.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djfury05
She decided to throw it into reverse and rev her engine. I got beat by her, I was racing her in my 3rd gen. She got me by a car and I let off and all of a sudden I see reverse lights come on and loud revs followed by tire screaching and spin out. BANG!!! Right into the rear of a trailer. The metal part in the rear where u step. I felt so bad but why is she a dumb ***. I think she tried going into neutral and skipped it. My guess is she pushed the button and didn't just push the lever up to neutral.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
I was with my girlfriend in her 350z while she was racing another girl in a 04 GT up to 140! who also had a guy passenger....I had my eyes closed when they stopped and we all talked afterwards both me and the other guy said we were scared sh*tless. Its not the same going 140 with your girl driving.
Weanie!! Lol. Jk bro. I'll be scared too.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Awesome races, that's a badass ride you have there!

As for the chicks and cars thing, I've never met a chick who was into cars that wasn't annoying as hell. They always have to show you how "cool" they are and how much they know, and they automatically assume that you will think they are awesome and hot just because they like cars.

Michelle (my Cobra)
You didn't really name your car did you?

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 11-11-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:47 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Packy
That was probably the DUDE saying it and his bitch was probably just repeating him. ***** need to support their men but they also need to know when to STFU also...

Last edited by myk; 11-11-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

hearing nitrous..yeah right..Sweet kill though!!

Originally Posted by the jester 812
hahahah

I had this race with an old shelby cobra and after loosing, the passenger girl gave me the finger, while I was was doing the thumbs up... I was mad and chased the guy for more asskicking but he took an exit scared of loosing again..pathetic