Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

VIDEOS: Mark IV Supra vs C6 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Maybe you missed the part that said intake, downpipe, full exhaust, tune, and a front mount intercooler.

Corvette was bone stock with 2 heavy passengers and walked that thing like it was going backwards.

Not impressed by the Supra at all.

Why do people always have to make bullshit excuses when the Supra loses?? Lots of Supra fanboys around here for some reason.

I'm not looking for an agruement about how awesome the Supra is blah blah blah everyone should give it props. I'm simply stating its way overhyped and doesn't do anything that any other car can't do, and they cost a hell of a lot to buy and mod. Also not a nice looking car at all IMO, but to each his own on that I suppose.

Excuses are like ********...

You're racing a modded Supra vs. a stock C6. No reason you should be bragging.

Both Ford Modulars and GM LSX will make 1500WHP for less money invested than it would take to do it in a Supra. Get off your high horse, your car is not the amazing machine you think it is.
HAHA! Do you see any "overhype" in this thread? No... So YOU don't need to bring any BS into this thread... The owner of the Supra has every right to be happy about his results. Like mentioned above turn the boost up a little bit (on the stock turbo) with a tune & you got a hell of a car. I think a lot of people come crawling over when a Supra rolls into a meet is because most Supras you see are HIGHLY modded & pushing out a **** load of power. I love Supras because they look good, have a good amount of power, & are rare. Sucks that there expensive or Id probably own one. I mean how many Supras do you see driving around? I know I see more Camaros & Trans Am then I do Supras plus their expensive cars & cost a lot when they first came out.

Originally Posted by SupraJZA80
Uhm at 14 pounds I'm on stock boost. I'm not even taking advantage of my mods. As I said before, at 16 pounds I pulled a car from a 60 punch...and besides what car from 1993 hell what car in GENERAL can produce over 1500whp, run 240+ at the TX mile, then go to the drag strip and run 7's? Not many. Respect is given when it is earned.
Some people are just completely bias towards Asian cars & don't give respect where its due.....
Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both Ford Modulars and GM LSX will make 1500WHP for less money invested than it would take to do it in a Supra. Get off your high horse, your car is not the amazing machine you think it is.
making 1500whp reliably cost basically the same in everything. doing it once for dyno number isnt anything special.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
HAHA! Do you see any "overhype" in this thread? No... So YOU don't need to bring any BS into this thread... The owner of the Supra has every right to be happy about his results. Like mentioned above turn the boost up a little bit (on the stock turbo) with a tune & you got a hell of a car. I think a lot of people come crawling over when a Supra rolls into a meet is because most Supras you see are HIGHLY modded & pushing out a **** load of power. I love Supras because they look good, have a good amount of power, & are rare. Sucks that there expensive or Id probably own one. I mean how many Supras do you see driving around? I know I see more Camaros & Trans Am then I do Supras plus their expensive cars & cost a lot when they first came out.

Some people are just completely bias towards Asian cars & don't give respect where its due.....
I don't care how "happy" the Supra owner is. This isn't MKVSupras.net.

Why do people insist that everyone give "respect" or "props"?? Can you not understand the simple concept that not everyone like every type of car out there?? The Supra is nothing special in any respect, if someone doesn't like it, let it go. I'm not a fan, and you won't see me telling anyone how awesome their Supra is. Deal with it, and stop taking it personally. You can't make people like or respect something that they do not.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the envy is serious in this thread
Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care how "happy" the Supra owner is. This isn't MKVSupras.net.

Why do people insist that everyone give "respect" or "props"?? Can you not understand the simple concept that not everyone like every type of car out there?? The Supra is nothing special in any respect, if someone doesn't like it, let it go. I'm not a fan, and you won't see me telling anyone how awesome their Supra is. Deal with it, and stop taking it personally. You can't make people like or respect something that they do not.
You don't seem to like anything that doesnt have an LSx in it...
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
the envy is serious in this thread
Yea, I wish I paid $30,000 for a 17 year old car thats slower than a stock C6 LS2 and looks like a google eyed blob. How awesome that would be.

Come on, be serious.
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
You don't seem to like anything that doesnt have an LSx in it...
Then you don't seem to know me very well. No matter.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Yea, I wish I paid $30,000 for a 17 year old car thats slower than a stock C6 LS2 and looks like a google eyed blob. How awesome that would be.

Come on, be serious.
For a car made in 1993, its design blows anything american out of the water.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

For a car made in 1993, its design blows anything american out of the water.
Wrong. Corvette ZR1 stomps it in every respect. So does the Viper.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
you do understand that you are comparing a supra from the early 90's to sports cars from nearly 15yrs later... if i recall a mark iv supra would put a decent hurting on a similar year corvette both stock.
Eh, I don't know about that. Supras ran until 98 I believe, 2 years into the LS1 years. I am pretty sure a C5 would beat a 97-98 Supra. Previous years, I'd agree with you.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wesman hates imports and judging by his opinion of how easy it is to make 1500 HP he must have several cars with at least that much. In reality he a dude that has just enough education to change oil at a dealership. He thinks he knows everything there is to know about going fast and how much cheaper it is with a domestic. In reality HP costs money and going fast ain't cheap. Regardless of the make.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
Eh, I don't know about that. Supras ran until 98 I believe, 2 years into the LS1 years. I am pretty sure a C5 would beat a 97-98 Supra. Previous years, I'd agree with you.
LS1 Corvettes are than any stock Supra ever made.

An LS1 F-body and a '98 Supra would probably be a closer race, edge to the F-body still though.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Wesman hates imports and judging by his opinion of how easy it is to make 1500 HP he must have several cars with at least that much. In reality he a dude that has just enough education to change oil at a dealership. He thinks he knows everything there is to know about going fast and how much cheaper it is with a domestic. In reality HP costs money and going fast ain't cheap. Regardless of the make.
So because you can't win an arguement, you resort to completely baseless personal attacks.

Says a lot about your character, intelligence, and education.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Uhm YEAH my car is from 1993...I sure hope a 2008 CORVETTE would be able to beat it. I never said the Supra was super godly, I just said respect is due when it is earned. Get off your ******* dumb *** and learn to read. Where is your WS6 in the TX mile blowing records and on the road course setting records? Yeah ok nice try.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Teching In

1993:

IDK, supra looks pretty modern even well into the 21st cent.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Uhm YEAH my car is from 1993...I sure hope a 2008 CORVETTE would be able to beat it. I never said the Supra was super godly, I just said respect is due when it is earned. Get off your ******* dumb *** and learn to read. Where is your WS6 in the TX mile blowing records and on the road course setting records? Yeah ok nice try.
And guess what...you've earned zero respect.

Setting records...lol yea, I see your car doing that. Speak for your own car, not what someone else has done who has invested tens of thousands of dollars in their car to make it do one thing.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

1993:

IDK, supra looks pretty modern even well into the 21st cent.
Looks no more "modern" than the Viper in that picture. Which is not much to say the least.

The Vette is obviously going to look dated, that bodystyle (C4) came out in 1984.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Teching In

And guess what...you've earned zero respect.

Setting records...lol yea, I see your car doing that, those stock LS2 with 400lbs of passengers are insanely fast
Hmm...

Lets see, at 14 pounds im about 330whp.

AT 16, I would say around 370.

At 18 I would say 410

At 21 I'd say 450

All with less than 1000$ invested in the car. Let's break it down:

Blitz Catback: 300$

FMIC: 300$

DP: 100

Intake: 50$

Wastegate spring mod: 3$

What have you done to your WS6. If you are making similar power to me I'd be more than happy to do a pull with you, and you can show me what you got.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm...

Lets see, at 14 pounds im about 330whp.

AT 16, I would say around 370.

At 18 I would say 410

At 21 I'd say 450

All with less than 1000$ invested in the car. Let's break it down:

Blitz Catback: 300$

FMIC: 300$

DP: 100

Intake: 50$

Wastegate spring mod: 3$

What have you done to your WS6. If you are making similar power to me I'd be more than happy to do a pull with you, and you can show me what you got.
Wow...so you're completely guessing what your RWHP is just based on numbers your pulling out of your ***.

Seriously?? I wouldn't even waste my time, what would I have to prove after I beat you?? That my car is faster than a 17 year old Toyota?? Sorry, even if you lived near me I wouldn't waste my time.

Your trolling this board with zero posts and you're going to call me out?? Definitely not.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wesman you got me I'm an uneducated, stupid, characterless chimp. So if 1500 HP can be had for less from a mod motor or an LSX why do the people that make that much run around saying how easy and cheap it is? I can assure you 1500 HP isn't cheap or easy to get, and make it half assed drivable regardless of domestic or import. I'm no huge fan of imports but damn 1500 HP is pretty impressive in a street car.

Quick Reply: VIDEOS: Mark IV Supra vs C6 Corvette