Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

VIDEOS: Mark IV Supra vs C6 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Wow...so you're completely guessing what your RWHP is just based on numbers your pulling out of your ***.

Seriously?? I wouldn't even waste my time, what would I have to prove after I beat you?? That my car is faster than a 17 year old Toyota?? Sorry, even if you lived near me I wouldn't waste my time.
LOL nice job bitching out there buddy. I'm pulling numbers 99% of other owners with similar mods than me put out. What's the resale value of your car again?
My car stickered at 39k. KBB Values it at 42k now.

PS. Get your head out of your ***. The Supra is no slouch. When your WS6 sets a TX mile record, or wins any recent road course achievements, then get back to me ok.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
For a car made in 1993, its design blows anything american out of the water.
More "sunshine"? Honestly...I have heard every great thing about the God-Forged Supra for the past 10 years already...

It is a FI car and when it is modded is becomes faster. That is the beauty of the Turbo or Supercharge cars. Take a Cobra and my MACH. I can put the same bolt-ons on my car that the Cobra can (except pulley) and the Cobra will just respond to the mods better an make more Hp and Torque.
This is the same concept for the Supra. So what is the big deal. No one has answered me as to why I should bow down to this car. Not trying to be an ***, I just do not get it.
If you look already look at the new GTR and the GT500. Modifying them also makes the Hp and Trq go way up. On SVT, the is a GT500 on SVTPermance making over 700 Hp. This is on a 5.4 Liter with a KB. I would expect modding this car to make big Horsepower. I do not see anyone praising this car. Just calling it like it is.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Wesman you got me I'm an uneducated, stupid, characterless chimp.
Ok then.

So if 1500 HP can be had for less from a mod motor or an LSX why do the people that make that much run around saying how easy and cheap it is? I can assure you 1500 HP isn't cheap or easy to get, and make it half assed drivable regardless of domestic or import. I'm no huge fan of imports but damn 1500 HP is pretty impressive in a street car.
Did I say it was easy or cheap?? No, I simply said it was cheaper and more reliable than doing it with an import. You can make the same power with less invested, have more torque, a better power curve, and a more streetable (if you could call it that) tune.

People give the Supra all kids of props for no reason, you can do the same thing with plenty of other engines if you invest the time and money, the Supra is nothing extraordinary.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACH32V
More "sunshine"? Honestly...I have heard every great thing about the God-Forged Supra for the past 10 years already...

It is a FI car and when it is modded is becomes faster. That is the beauty of the Turbo or Supercharge cars. Take a Cobra and my MACH. I can put the same bolt-ons on my car that the Cobra can (except pulley) and the Cobra will just respond to the mods better an make more Hp and Torque.
This is the same concept for the Supra. So what is the big deal. No one has answered me as to why I should bow down to this car. Not trying to be an ***, I just do not get it.
If you look already look at the new GTR and the GT500. Modifying them also makes the Hp and Trq go way up. On SVT, the is a GT500 on SVTPermance making over 700 Hp. This is on a 5.4 Liter with a KB. I would expect modding this car to make big Horsepower. I do not see anyone praising this car. Just calling it like it is.
Example:

World record at TX mile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xr58Fq9fwo

Then goes on to do a 7.91 at the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US2Y8...eature=channel

That's a PRETTY DAMN good accomplishment.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SupraJZA80
LOL nice job bitching out there buddy. I'm pulling numbers 99% of other owners with similar mods than me put out. What's the resale value of your car again?
My car stickered at 39k. KBB Values it at 42k now.
Bitching out?? You want me to meet you probably halfway accross the country so I can whoop on your 17 year old pile of crap Toyota. Get real.

And anyone that would pay $42K for your car would have to be mentally handicapped and unable to make decisions for themselves, because thats just retarded. The car itself isn't worth half that.

PS. Get your head out of your ***. The Supra is no slouch. When your WS6 sets a TX mile record, or wins any recent road course achievements, then get back to me ok.
Oh, I didn't realize your car set a Texas Mile record?? Or are you like every other ricer who picks the fastest car built by someone else and posts videos like it actually matters?? The answer is obvious.

Wow, a 7.91 quarter mile. No fully built gutted American car with a parachute has EVER gone that fast. HUGE props bro, thats mad sick.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't care how "happy" the Supra owner is. This isn't MKVSupras.net.
Why do people insist that everyone give "respect" or "props"?? Can you not understand the simple concept that not everyone like every type of car out there?? The Supra is nothing special in any respect, if someone doesn't like it, let it go. I'm not a fan, and you won't see me telling anyone how awesome their Supra is. Deal with it, and stop taking it personally. You can't make people like or respect something that they do not.
HAHAHA your retarded... So my friend comes in to a thread that's about him racing my other friends Corvette & can't be happy that his 1997 Supra beat a stock 2007 LS2 Vette? Um for being a 10 year difference & with a smaller engine Id be pretty impressed. Not saying my friend couldn't put some minor mods in his Vette & make it pretty interesting but still. No less it sounds like you know NOTHING about respecting cars or just about other type of cars in general. LSX cars are impressive no doubt but you have to have respect for other cars man. With the way your talking your just making yourself look dumb....

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Wesman hates imports and judging by his opinion of how easy it is to make 1500 HP he must have several cars with at least that much. In reality he a dude that has just enough education to change oil at a dealership. He thinks he knows everything there is to know about going fast and how much cheaper it is with a domestic. In reality HP costs money and going fast ain't cheap. Regardless of the make.
HAHA
Old 12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Teching In

I was speaking aesthetically compared to other cars made in 1993.

I am no supra nutswinger, there's just alot of arrogance in this thread.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Bitching out?? You want me to meet you probably halfway accross the country so I can whoop on your 17 year old pile of crap Toyota. Get real.

Oh, I didn't realize your car set a Texas Mile record?? What was your speed, 100MPH??

Yeah the SUPRA has set a record before. When did I SAY I set a record? LOL!!

PAHAHAHAHA

1/4 mile: 13.300 @ 108.000 mph

LS6 Intake, LT SS Headers, Lid, !EGR, !AIR, Tune, 4.10s, Pro 5.0, Poly engine/trans mounts, True Duals w/ H-pipe.

I pulled at least 2 cars on the OP's car. I believe he has more mods than you. AND i was only running 16 pounds of boost. At 21 you will be eating my tailights even harder. Man I'm done replying to you don't even waste my time anymore.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Teching In

PAHAHAHAHA

LS6 Intake, LT SS Headers, Lid, !EGR, !AIR, Tune, 4.10s, Pro 5.0, Poly engine/trans mounts, True Duals w/ H-pipe.

I pulled at least 2 cars on the OP's car. I believe he has more mods than you. AND i was only running 16 pounds of boost. At 21 you will be eating my tailights even harder. Man I'm done replying to you don't even waste my time anymore.
Im sure he has more mods then that by now. I think that list is somewhat old.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets see, right here you imply that your car has set the record:

When your WS6 sets a TX mile record, or wins any recent road course achievements, then get back to me ok
Since you obviously do not comprehend basic language skills, that statement implies that your car has set a Texas mile record and has "won road course achievements"

Road course achievements...damn, if only I would win some of those

Those mods are from 2 years ago you stupid ricer. You seriously need a reality check, your car is a joke. Running your mouth around here with your 17 year old Toyota is just begging for someone to whoop your car, hard.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Those mods are from 2 years ago you stupid ricer. You seriously need a reality check, your car is a joke.
Did you graduate the 5th grade yet? Obviously you would understand by the way other words were WORDED a person would obviously think it was referring to the WS6 Model.

Anyways, your car is a waste of time for me. 2 years ago or not, you didn't update your list, your fault. I got my laugh from your slow POS.

OP and I will rematch once he gets some new tires .

Good night!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Since you obviously do not comprehend basic language skills, that statement implies that your car has set a Texas mile record and has "won road course achievements"

Road course achievements...damn, if only I would win some of those

Those mods are from 2 years ago you stupid ricer. You seriously need a reality check, your car is a joke. Running your mouth around here with your 17 year old Toyota is just begging for someone to whoop your car, hard.
Going by your profile pic with the "Plainview Growers" sign in the background, a quick Google search reveals that's in NJ. Over the summer time when I am home from school I'd like to run ya. You gonna back down from that ?

Edit: I guess I could have looked at the plate to haha
Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you graduate the 5th grade yet? Obviously you would understand by the way other words were WORDED a person would obviously think it was referring to the WS6 Model.

Anyways, your car is a waste of time for me. 2 years ago or not, you didn't update your list, your fault. I got my laugh from your slow POS.
Yes. Its completely hilarious because I didn't "update my list".

You specifically said "YOUR". Not "THE" WS6 or "A" WS6. Perhaps it is you who has not completed elementary school.

GTFO riceboy, you are a joke.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Going by your profile pic with the "Plainview Growers" sign in the background, a quick Google search reveals that's in NJ. Over the summer time when I am home from school I'd like to run ya. You gonna back down from that ?
LOL you have no VTEC, ricer!! You'll surely lose.

He won't run ya, his ***** too slow.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats pretty creepy that you're searching my profile like that.

And no, I don't like in NJ anyhow. Central PA.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL you have no VTEC, ricer!! You'll surely lose.

He won't run ya, his ***** too slow.
Gotta love ricers with big mouths
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Excuses are like ********...

You're racing a modded Supra vs. a stock C6. No reason you should be bragging.

Both Ford Modulars and GM LSX will make 1500WHP for less money invested than it would take to do it in a Supra. Get off your high horse, your car is not the amazing machine you think it is.

Dude you are comparing a car that was built in 1993 to a car that was built in 2005. And yes the Supra with its 2JZ are amazing machines. The 2JZ technology was developed in the late 80s and fielded in the 90s and hanging with only boltons.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Thats pretty creepy that you're searching my profile like that.

And no, I don't like in NJ anyhow. Central PA.
Looking at your mod list and pictures of car are creepy? Welcome to the internet BTW.

You've kept backing down to challenges after talking alot of trash. In either case, I cruise out to PA on 78/81/22 often with some LSx and Lightnings.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking at your mod list and pictures of car are creepy? Welcome to the internet BTW.

You've kept backing down to challenges after talking alot of trash. In either case, I cruise out to PA on 78/81/22 often with some LSx and Lightnings.
Where did I say I backed down??

And yes, looking at my pictures to find background signs to google then and find out where the picture was taken is considered creeping by every definition of the word. Obviously it doesn't matter but its just the point that you would think to do that...very stalker like.

Anyhow, if you want to run some time then thats fine.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow...so you're completely guessing what your RWHP is just based on numbers your pulling out of your ***.

Seriously?? I wouldn't even waste my time, what would I have to prove after I beat you?? That my car is faster than a 17 year old Toyota?? Sorry, even if you lived near me I wouldn't waste my time.

Your trolling this board with zero posts and you're going to call me out?? Definitely not.
HAHA Oh Mr. Tough guy with his 1,000 post. Who cares if he doesn't have a post. LS1tech only shows post in certain sections...... YOU are the one who started talking BS in the first place. HONESTLY.

Well yea having a S/C or turbo in a car straight from the factory is always a bonus. But I can tell you I see A LOT more GT500 & Termi then I do Supra driving around town or at meets? These are rare cars & when they first came out they were pretty

And anyone that would pay $42K for your car would have to be mentally handicapped and unable to make decisions for themselves, because thats just retarded. The car itself isn't worth half that.
Oh, I didn't realize your car set a Texas Mile record?? Or are you like every other ricer who picks the fastest car built by someone else and posts videos like it actually matters?? The answer is obvious.

Wow, a 7.91 quarter mile. No fully built gutted American car with a parachute has EVER gone that fast. HUGE props bro, thats mad sick.
Haha I would love to see you come out to Cali & run your car... Besides for all this **** talking your doing against a Supra. What do you drive? & have you ever raced a Supra before? I know some people who "have the money" for a Supra that would buy one......

Wait so 7.59 @ 189 mph in the 1/4 mile isn't quick?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDn70FtCpjs

PAHAHAHAHA

Well.... haha we gotta do a rerun because that part of the hwy wasn't so good. With my crappy shifter & tires it didn't work out so well. But his car is def stout & is able to compete with my Camaro

Quick Reply: VIDEOS: Mark IV Supra vs C6 Corvette