Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I spilled my ice cream (DSM vs IS300)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Man..that is the kinda of shi*t that brings the cops aroud and ruins it for everyone else. What happened to street racing?? It was never like that before F&F. Now everyone with a fu**king 15 second car and up wants to race. I see people in that video with their grandmothers grocery getter.
What happened to meeting up , planning something, go and run the race and then return to collect the cash. What is this running one crap box at a time for 5 hours straight? If these guys want to do that sh*t, just go to the track and leave the street racing to people who want to make some cash on the side.
Like i said, that crap is why i stay away from a lot of the local street race stuff. I have no desire to be anywhere near that. Those people give all modded car owners a bad name.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like this story. Filled with so much delicious win!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:06 PM

I told you guys I was gonna do it:

Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

I see a hair on the top bun, and you ATE THAT?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
Like i said, that crap is why i stay away from a lot of the local street race stuff. I have no desire to be anywhere near that. Those people give all modded car owners a bad name.
+1 man...
I see in California they are confiscating cars. Some get crushed and some get sold at auction. That is some scary sh*t man...expecially if you still have a car payment.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I see a hair on the top bun, and you ATE THAT?
And it was glorious!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

I know exactly what you mean about horrible street action. Downtown STL is pretty much a giant ******* ghetto, well anywhere but the 3 stadiums is. People go down to Hall St to race every Sunday night, and have been since the 60s. Used to be older guys in muscle cars. These days, it's just ricers and dumbfucks with money that drive like morons. The cars range from 12-18 seconds. Cops are all over and write tons of tickets, but there's so many people that the group just moves the spot. I've been down there twice in my life, and it is wayyy to crazy for me. Never brought my car down there for fear on it being destroyed. Here's a few vids:

This one has some actual decent cars, and isn't as crazy. Watch @ 0:55 though, there is a lot of that going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYupEctS0l0

Ha, some race cars in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn5rlkESEI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3nAZSC8sbI

People just line the streets, sometimes wander into them, drive like idiots between spots or cut you off trying to get in on a race. It's insane. Oh and this might give you an idiot of how stupid people are: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...27992bc8b.html

They have caught both morons now.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

+1 man...
I see in California they are confiscating cars. Some get crushed and some get sold at auction. That is some scary sh*t man...expecially if you still have a car payment.
I wonder how many offenses it takes to get your car crushed? You've only got one option when you see the red & blues, downshift and hope for the best.

Unless i get a job offer i can't refuse or something, i'll never live in cali. They are so in debt it's comical, but at least the illegals have healthcare...it only costs the state a few billion a year.

I'm going to stop at that comment, i could rant for pages about the things i can't stand in cali. I consider myself a moderate, but more liberal than conservative, and i'll be the first to say that if you put enough tofu-farting morons in one place it's going to fail miserably.

Originally Posted by WSsick
Never brought my car down there for fear on it being destroyed.

People just line the streets, sometimes wander into them, drive like idiots between spots or cut you off trying to get in on a race. It's insane. Oh and this might give you an idiot of how stupid people are: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...27992bc8b.html

They have caught both morons now.
Smart move, i wouldn't bring my car there either. All you need is some moron without insurance to lose control of his 120hp ricebox and you're screwed.

Kinda like the moron that hit the flag girl...

Last edited by Beans; 12-21-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:00 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Man..that is the kinda of shi*t that brings the cops aroud and ruins it for everyone else. What happened to street racing?? It was never like that before F&F. Now everyone with a fu**king 15 second car and up wants to race. I see people in that video with their grandmothers grocery getter.
What happened to meeting up , planning something, go and run the race and then return to collect the cash. What is this running one crap box at a time for 5 hours straight? If these guys want to do that sh*t, just go to the track and leave the street racing to people who want to make some cash on the side.
Eh, I dunno about the rest of the U.S. but it was like that here in Cali 12 years ago. Personally, I'm glad the street racing scene here is DEAD. I'd rather the street scene not exist than have the mob-level stupidity running free like in those videos.

Not to get political, but IMHO, I'm in 'Cali for the surfing and the lack of snow which is bad news for muscle cars. Everything else about 'Cali is for the f**king queers and the goddamn illegals. If I had the money, I'd live in New York and fly out here during the weekends for the waves and fair weather cruising...

"Start spreading the news...I'm leaving today...I wanna be a part of it, New York-New York........"
Old 12-25-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good Kill and good read OP!

Originally Posted by myk
Eh, I dunno about the rest of the U.S. but it was like that here in Cali 12 years ago. Personally, I'm glad the street racing scene here is DEAD. I'd rather the street scene not exist than have the mob-level stupidity running free like in those videos.

Not to get political, but IMHO, I'm in 'Cali for the surfing and the lack of snow which is bad news for muscle cars. If I had the money, I'd live in New York and fly out here during the weekends for the waves and fair weather cruising...

"Start spreading the news...I'm leaving today...I wanna be a part of it, New York-New York........"
+1

you and I both!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I always liked the IS300. Would like a manual transmission one with a turbo Supra motor.
I thought they had the the supra motor minus the top end with a tiptronic.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I told you guys I was gonna do it:

LMAo ROFL

Quick Reply: I spilled my ice cream (DSM vs IS300)