Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I spilled my ice cream (DSM vs IS300)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I spilled my ice cream (DSM vs IS300)

I was late for work this morning so i didn't have time for breakfast. I ended up not having time for lunch either, so when i got out tonight i was absolutely starving. I did something i don't usually do, got some fast food. With my order i got an M&M twisted frosty, and started to drive home.

I started eating the frosty while driving...after not eating until 8pm i couldn't resist. Next thing i know i'm coming to a stoplight beside a Lexus IS300 with a bunch of stickers on the back window. Since i've got my car back together i've been dying for a run, but IS300s are 15 second cars (i think) so i wasn't very interested.

We leave the light and i go through first gently, second gently, get to about 3500rpm in 3rd, and i'm holding the gear a bit because i'm enjoying some chocolate goodness. At this point i'm about 2-3 cars in front of the lexus. My car is very loud, even at part throttle, so IS300 guy must have thought i was on the gas...probably thought i was a ricer and an easy kill.

Next thing i know i see him accelerating hard from behind me... he's going for a fly-by! ****!

Spoon full of ice cream in my right hand, frosty in my left...screw it!! I rip the shift from 3rd to 2nd and hammer it. Instantly his pull stops and i'm already reeling him in...so much for that flyby, he only made it about a car past me, and now i'm at full boost...school is in session I grab the shift and go for third, but between the plastic spoon (with ice cream in it) in my right hand, the 2 fingers i have on the wheel, and the frosty in my other hand, i got nothing but neutral, complete with the tell-tale rev.

I pop it into gear and get on it again. He's now two cars ahead at 65mph, and he has the momentum thanks to my miss. Not to worry though, i came around VERY quickly, and lifted at 100 or so with a 3 car lead...and chocolate frosty all over my center console.

He stayed back after the run, and turned off at the next turn. I'm on a very conservative pump gas tune, 25psi.

Cliffs: IS300 attempts flyby, DSM stops flyby, then misses 3rd, spills ice cream, and kicks some ***.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frostys are delicious. I am sorry you had to ruin yours ha ha.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Damn I bet that was fun to clean up between the cracks.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
Frostys are delicious. I am sorry you had to ruin yours ha ha.
Well, i didn't lose the cup thankfully, just the spoonful. Losing a whole frosty would be upsetting, i love those things.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Damn I bet that was fun to clean up between the cracks.
It wasn't too bad, just the shift boot and a little near it.

I wonder if the IS300 driver knows i missed a gear. Imagine that, jumping someone from behind, they miss the next shift and still come around you hard...that's gotta suck.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok good it would be tradgic if a frosty lost its life in a street racing accident a spoonful can be sacraficed. ha ha. Seriously though sounds like a fun time. Oddly enough this guy I know just bought an IS300. I'll tell him to beware guys driving dsms with ice cream in their hands.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Teching In

It's always nice to have a car that much faster, where you can afford to give the jump, miss a shift, and still put on 3 cars by 100. Good kill man
Old 12-19-2010, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown07GT
It's always nice to have a car that much faster, where you can afford to give the jump, miss a shift, and still put on 3 cars by 100. Good kill man
Thanks, that's what a 30mph difference in trap speed does.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I always liked the IS300. Would like a manual transmission one with a turbo Supra motor.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i hate when i run out of the choosen candy for them.
all you go left is 5 ounces of vanilla ice cream.

bla!

give me a banana split!

good stuff OP
Old 12-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Teching In

That was a really entertaining story! At least you didn't lose the whole Frosty though, even the plain Frosty's were never meant to be wasted!!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dayum! Now i just gotta get me an Underglow, body kit, pep boys exhaust and a carbon wing and ill be pullin all kinda *****, yo!

just joking OP glad you put the ls in his place
Old 12-20-2010, 07:43 AM

Good kill, Beans! Has the car scene pretty much died for the year over your way as well?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good kill! I read the whole thing, but the cliffs were the best part!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Good kill! I read the whole thing, but the cliffs were the best part!
What a gay looking avatar you now have.
Kidding. Sort of.

Good kill OP.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
What a gay looking avatar you now have.
Kidding. Sort of.

Good kill OP.
Shut yo face. The other one started to annoy me, so I decided to go with something new.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I wouldn't have wanted to waste my frosty on an ugly *** lexus. Good kill though.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Great read, and nice kill. Love when I can read a story front to back without wondering if the OP was drunk or not when he typed it.

And you should have gone with the oreo frosty!

Reminds me of this little black kid I used to know. He was like 14 or 15 and swore his dads lexus IS300 would smoke my trans am with the cammed 305 TPI. I ran a 14 flat at the time with it and this kid was dead set that his dad has beaten turbo porsches and stuff with his lexus. I just used to laugh.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:40 AM

All this talk of food is making me hungry. I think I might have to go to Chili's and get a Jalapeno Smokehouse Bacon Burger for lunch...

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
my trans am with the cammed 305 TPI.
That setup suprised alot of people!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
i hate when i run out of the choosen candy for them.
all you go left is 5 ounces of vanilla ice cream.

bla!

give me a banana split!

good stuff OP
Thanks,

That does suck. The Wendy's near my house is really good about putting lots of candy in them.

Originally Posted by Mr370z
That was a really entertaining story!

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Dayum! Now i just gotta get me an Underglow, body kit, pep boys exhaust and a carbon wing and ill be pullin all kinda *****, yo!

just joking OP glad you put the ls in his place
It's all in the underglow. The built motor and Forced Performance turbo are just for looks.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good kill, Beans! Has the car scene pretty much died for the year over your way as well?
The car scene around here is weak to begin with. Lots of riceballs, eurotrash VWs, etc. The VW crowd is the worst IMO, because not only are most of them slow, they're also cocky. They put $2,000 wheels with narrow tires on $2,000 cars, and look at me like i'm doing it wrong. What they fail to realize is, it's just the next fad style, like body kits and underglow were after the F&F movies. A few years from now, the trend will change and everyone will be laughing at them, like we do at ricers now. There's only one automotive fad that will never go out of style, and that's speed.

There are a few fast cars in the area. I've lost arranged races, but i've never randomly run into someone who is faster than me, and i'm not fast. If i lived in FL or TX i'd get my *** dragged up and down the highway all day long, but in RI there aren't many street driven cars trapping over 120. We have a few 150+ cars in the area, but you're as likely to get struck by lightning as you are to run into one on the street.

A local guy just built a really cool honda. It was done just to see what he could do, using only knockoff or used components from Ebay. The guy has his real honda (740+whp, 2200lb hatch) and put this one together for a few grand to go street racing. He could care less if it grenades, but so far it hasn't. He made about 500whp on some chinese time-bomb of a turbo in a gutted civic. I hear he's been raping everyone with it.

This vid was recorded in providence a few nights ago. Basically sums up why i don't go anywhere near a good portion of the local street race scene. The last minute is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V35qdMAg_vI

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Great read, and nice kill. Love when I can read a story front to back without wondering if the OP was drunk or not when he typed it.
Thank you, sir.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
All this talk of food is making me hungry. I think I might have to go to Chili's and get a Jalapeno Smokehouse Bacon Burger for lunch...

Last edited by Beans; 12-20-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Man..that is the kinda of shi*t that brings the cops aroud and ruins it for everyone else. What happened to street racing?? It was never like that before F&F. Now everyone with a fu**king 15 second car and up wants to race. I see people in that video with their grandmothers grocery getter.
What happened to meeting up , planning something, go and run the race and then return to collect the cash. What is this running one crap box at a time for 5 hours straight? If these guys want to do that sh*t, just go to the track and leave the street racing to people who want to make some cash on the side.

Quick Reply: I spilled my ice cream (DSM vs IS300)