Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Omega I totally agree with you 100 %
Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When it comes to factual information, it shouldn't matter what website you're on. Anyway, good loss OP and thanks for posting the story up. Like others have said, it was probably either tune-only, or tune/CAI. Few more mods should get you ready for next time
Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ss1129
LOL in the end its still a teenage girl car.
How so?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

like they mentioned earlier the new 5.0 doesn't need much to get over 400.a buddy has one ran he at the track he beat me by 3 hundredths of a second he made a 12.7 and i got 13 flat. all he had done was tune and cai
Old 01-03-2011, 02:33 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not surprised about the loss and wouldn't have been about a win either. At least you had the nerve to tell about it. It was probably modified or had a really good driver, or both, considering your set up.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Don't they make a track package 5.0?
Nope. Well, not unless it's a Shelby GT350 anyway. If it's one of those, I don't know of they do or don't... I do know, anyone driving a stock vehicle short of a ZO6 might wanna steer clear of that model. If ya can't run at least 11's, that one is probably going to eat your lunch and slam the box in your face.

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
it's all good around here when people post about a kill on LS1tech(a GM based website)and when the kill is regarding a Ford........................*bam* 10,000 Ford members pop up on here chiming in with "driver mod" "your not telling the truth about your combo" "if it was from like a 40-60 roll you would have lost" or "if it was from a dig the Ford would have won" and then pages of this or that go on and on blah blah yadda yadda yadda it's LS1 tech let OP brag a little now to me and maybe it's just me? but if you come on a GM motor based site and brag about your Ford beating the GM your just asking or instigating trouble so you should be fair game for the bashing seeing that you had the ***** to do so? just saying so caring on....
I'm wondering... Did you even SEE the 1st post? Here's the you seem to have missed... He was telling us he lost against the Mustang. In this case, apparently it IS just you...

Originally Posted by sliderSS
like they mentioned earlier the new 5.0 doesn't need much to get over 400.a buddy has one ran he at the track he beat me by 3 hundredths of a second he made a 12.7 and i got 13 flat. all he had done was tune and cai
That's three tenths, not 3 hundredths. Big difference on the drag strip.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm wondering... Did you even SEE the 1st post? Here's the you seem to have missed... He was telling us he lost against the Mustang. In this case, apparently it IS just you...

ummm did you see what kind of car the OP drives in HIS post? sir it is you who missed everything whoooooooosh right over the old noggen there huh bud?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Launching!

ummm did you see what kind of car the OP drives in HIS post? sir it is you who missed everything whoooooooosh right over the old noggen there huh bud?
why are you so surprised he lossed? 347rwhp vs 370rwhp (stock) with 100lbs difference. If it was lightly modded it would have been 400+rwhp vs 347rwhp. Just give him credit for hanging in there, the new 5.0 is a beast when driven properly
Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Learn to quote. It's helpful and easy.

As for what the OP drives, in my best Ray Stevens "Streak" voice... Uhh, yeah, uhdid...
Originally Posted by trey1010
Sorry my sig disappeared I guess.
99 trans m6. Headers, 3 in exhaust xpipe, ls6 intake, ls7 clutch, lid, p&p tb, tuned (347rwhp,357rwtq)
Pay attention please.

OBVIOUSLY you made a mistake... Move along, smartly for a change. It's easier than banging your head on the wall...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
why are you so surprised he lossed? 347rwhp vs 370rwhp (stock) with 100lbs difference. If it was lightly modded it would have been 400+rwhp vs 347rwhp. Just give him credit for hanging in there, the new 5.0 is a beast when driven properly
Evidently, he didn't REALIZE the T/A lost, for starters... So there's no surprise involved with it, I'm convinced already. Maybe he'll BE surprised now!!!

Aside from that, he's just here to cry. We may as well let it be from here on out. He'll get over it someday.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a stock 3.73 gear car. I'm not bullshitting when I said they can ******* RUN with a good driver.

If someone in a 5.0 has their shifts down 100% it would be a damn tough race for a partial bolt on ls1 car and absolute destruction for a stock one.

I could only get 2.5-3 cars on my little brother's car (3.55 gears) from a low roll. It seemed to be an issue of who got traction first. On our dig race I spun bad and got behind and once I got traction I stopped his pull but could not pull back unless he had a slow shift.

My car is heavy and being an auto not a great roll racer, but I was still impressed.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a stock 3.73 gear car. I'm not bullshitting when I said they can ******* RUN with a good driver.

If someone in a 5.0 has their shifts down 100% it would be a damn tough race for a partial bolt on ls1 car and absolute destruction for a stock one.

I could only get 2.5-3 cars on my little brother's car (3.55 gears) from a low roll. It seemed to be an issue of who got traction first. On our dig race I spun bad and got behind and once I got traction I stopped his pull but could not pull back unless he had a slow shift.

My car is heavy and being an auto not a great roll racer, but I was still impressed.
Bingo!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Bingo!
While it accounts for some of it, I am within 120# of a heavier optioned stock fbody weight wise. My car full street trim weighed 3820#s with a full tank and all my crap in the car.

Buddy in an 01 trans am (non ws6) rolled across the scales right before me to the tune of 3800# with his g/f in the car.

So figure him at 3680-3690# without her. Scales might have been calibrated a tad on the heavy side (we casually rolled through a Highland Dairy truck station).

The rolls were low enough I could get a first gear downshift BTW.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
where did I ever say I was suprised?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Evidently, he didn't REALIZE the T/A lost, for starters... So there's no surprise involved with it, I'm convinced already. Maybe he'll BE surprised now!!!

Aside from that, he's just here to cry. We may as well let it be from here on out. He'll get over it someday.
oh good lord how old are you kid?... 15-16? It has nothing to do with other then you waterheads coming on here with BS trying to just to be heard
Old 01-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Launching!

where did I ever say I was suprised?
you sure give off that impression on your other post where you babble on a random tangent about mustang owners which had nothing to do with the race.

it's all good around here when people post about a kill on LS1tech(a GM based website)and when the kill is regarding a Ford........................*bam* 10,000 Ford members pop up on here chiming in with "driver mod" "your not telling the truth about your combo" "if it was from like a 40-60 roll you would have lost" or "if it was from a dig the Ford would have won" and then pages of this or that go on and on blah blah yadda yadda yadda it's LS1 tech let OP brag a little now to me and maybe it's just me? but if you come on a GM motor based site and brag about your Ford beating the GM your just asking or instigating trouble so you should be fair game for the bashing seeing that you had the ***** to do so? just saying so caring on....
Old 01-03-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

While it accounts for some of it, I am within 120# of a heavier optioned stock fbody weight wise. My car full street trim weighed 3820#s with a full tank and all my crap in the car.

Buddy in an 01 trans am (non ws6) rolled across the scales right before me to the tune of 3800# with his g/f in the car.

So figure him at 3680-3690# without her. Scales might have been calibrated a tad on the heavy side (we casually rolled through a Highland Dairy truck station).

The rolls were low enough I could get a first gear downshift BTW.
I keep forgetting how portly 4th gen F-bodies can be. My old Formula was a basic option car (cloth, hardtop) and weighed something like 3600 with me in it. I just thought your Chevelle should have done better with your mods especially from a dig, but street tires + stall is not good for traction I know.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
I keep forgetting how portly 4th gen F-bodies can be. My old Formula was a basic option car (cloth, hardtop) and weighed something like 3600 with me in it. I just thought your Chevelle should have done better with your mods especially from a dig, but street tires + stall is not good for traction I know.
Yeah, cold day and sand on the road no less (deserted area in Mexico doesn't get much traffic). He spun too, just not as bad.

Tires were slick in the middle, no **** or exaggeration. I spun, lifted to about 1/4 still spinning and jacked around trying to get it to hook...by the time I stopped spinning he was 2 cars or a little more out. He had 1 slightly slow shift so I got 1/2 car back.

On drag radials it would have been a murder from a dig. But that's just bench racing...we will run again once he heals from his motorcycle accident.

Hard to shift with a broken shoulder, collar bone, ribs, etc.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, cold day and sand on the road no less (deserted area in Mexico doesn't get much traffic). He spun too, just not as bad.

Tires were slick in the middle, no **** or exaggeration. I spun, lifted to about 1/4 still spinning and jacked around trying to get it to hook...by the time I stopped spinning he was 2 cars or a little more out. He had 1 slightly slow shift so I got 1/2 car back.

On drag radials it would have been a murder from a dig. But that's just bench racing...we will run again once he heals from his motorcycle accident.

Hard to shift with a broken shoulder, collar bone, ribs, etc.
Ouch! WTF! Are you cage fighting or something? lol
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am just surprised how quick this car was. I felt like I never had a chance. Really wanting a cam now! Lol or even spray! I haven't lost in a long time ( haven't raced in a long time) and it does not feel good
Old 01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by trey1010
I am just surprised how quick this car was. I felt like I never had a chance. Really wanting a cam now! Lol or even spray! I haven't lost in a long time ( haven't raced in a long time) and it does not feel good
They are not to be underestimated that's for sure.