Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a new 911S porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Says the guy who lied about "de-camming" his '96 Trans-Am. Your such a dreamer buddy.
I did take out the cam of my 97 WS6. Every time a potential buyer would call and hear it was cammed they seemed to shy away thinking there was problems with it for the price I had it to sell fast. Once I took the cam out, had plenty of more inquiries, the car was sold, and I got nearly the same amount of money I put into the kit. Any proof none of this happened? Ohh yeah, you are right, I wasted a lot of my precious life lying to "impress people" with a cammed-LT1. What do I have to prove? Why would I make up that lie? lol you are an idiot

And is there a problem with a 20 year old kid investing his hard earned money, creating a program in college with help of a professor I befriended that printed out information on companies every night and investing the gains further so I can retire early and investing myself in college and eventually going for an MBA? I guess my priorities are out of whack... lol

I never said Killemall's car is a POS. A Viper is a Viper - a badass car - if one was given to me, I would definitely drive it. But right now, one doesn't seem too practical for a 20 year old trying to finish school
Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Man i think that was a badass story start to finish wasit awd
Old 02-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I have a hard time seeing a dodge as one of the "finer things in life". Or even a corvette for that matter. Just fast cars that look good.

Id say a Porsche is definitively more refined all round, even if its not as raw.

Ive got to disagree with you...Im not trying to brag but only state my opinion...Till recently had a nsx and viper and a few other cars not worth mentioning..

Nsx is a 91 with a current value of only 25K...Viper is a 03 with a current value of only 45K (but blue book has been going up and up here lately since they killed the viper)...

So I get were your coming from in a sense that its just a nice acura and a nice dodge..

but that acura sold for 100K back in 1991...By todays $$$$ thats 150K...My dodge sold to the origional owner for 90K back in 2003...Thats 100K in todays $$$

Again yes its just a dodge but I dont see how a 90-120K 911S is so much better or more prestigous than a 87K vert viper-92k coupe viper-97K vert or coupe Viper with the aereo package to the top dog 110K ACR viper????

You say just a dodge or just a chevy corvette...But honestly I have 2 friends who purchased C6Z06's..One paid 84K and the other paid 87K...

Point Im trying to make is to degrade the car and say its just a dodge or chevy and not one of the finer things in life is just not fair. An 80-120K sports car is just that...An expensive bad *** ride that most people will never be able to afford and therefore IMHO one of the finer things in life...

If you wanna get technical even a 50K base vette is more than the average person will ever have and MANY people work and save their whole lives and finally retire and treat themselves to what they consider a life long dream and one of the finer things in life wich is simply a 50K base vette...let alone 85K Z06's or 100K Vipers or 110 PLUSK ZR1's.....

Dont get me wrong I know maybe once a year Ill SEE A NEW FERRARI OR NEW lAMBO...And my lowly Dodge will be put in its place as just a sub 100K car next to the 250-300K Italion...

But the other 364 days a year...Honestly the lowly dodge that you have a hard time considering one of the finer things in life surely seems to be a bit more than just a dodge...The acura as well...

Old 02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

A car is a car is a car..
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
What happens next isnt worthy of great effort. Their is no way to make it enjoyable to read or even slightly exciteing. My 550 HP machine did exactly what it should have done to a ~400~ HP 911S. Needless to say in typical porsche owner fashion he did not try again or even come back up beside me. I suppose 6 car lengths is a great distance to travel
Sounds like a sweet ride BRO!

Can you tell us more about it?!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I did take out the cam of my 97 WS6. Every time a potential buyer would call and hear it was cammed they seemed to shy away thinking there was problems with it for the price I had it to sell fast. Once I took the cam out, had plenty of more inquiries, the car was sold, and I got nearly the same amount of money I put into the kit. Any proof none of this happened? Ohh yeah, you are right, I wasted a lot of my precious life lying to "impress people" with a cammed-LT1. What do I have to prove? Why would I make up that lie? lol you are an idiot

And is there a problem with a 20 year old kid investing his hard earned money, creating a program in college with help of a professor I befriended that printed out information on companies every night and investing the gains further so I can retire early and investing myself in college and eventually going for an MBA? I guess my priorities are out of whack... lol

I never said Killemall's car is a POS. A Viper is a Viper - a badass car - if one was given to me, I would definitely drive it. But right now, one doesn't seem too practical for a 20 year old trying to finish school
Um no I think that idiot would be you son. I don't need to lie about what i've got. lol You post quite often, you have always stated you having bolt-ons & stall on that old LT and going low 13's blah blah blah. Never once EVER did you mention anything about a cam. Pretty lame to lie about mods imo.

Go ahead now, keep on trying your hardest to fit in with the "in crowd".
Old 02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Um no I think that idiot would be you son. I don't need to lie about what i've got. lol You post quite often, you have always stated you having bolt-ons & stall on that old LT and going low 13's blah blah blah. Never once EVER did you mention anything about a cam. Pretty lame to lie about mods imo.

Go ahead now, keep on trying your hardest to fit in with the "in crowd".
The only times I have ever ran the car on the street or at the track were with the bolt-ons and stall and my latest run was after removing the cam and putting the stocker back in and getting a stock tune back. In case you didn't know, it snowed a lot here in Central Iowa (and Minnesota for that matter) when I had the cam in. Hard to drive in the snow on summer tire Sumitomos...

You are right, I have to try SO hard to fit in that I lied about having a car that would have been capable of 12's... because that is SO special

I don't have to try and convince you. Myself, my word, and my God know what I had in my car. Carry on now
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Sounds like a sweet ride BRO!

Can you tell us more about it?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't ask that!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't ask that!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaunt
You're a dick.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only times I have ever ran the car on the street or at the track were with the bolt-ons and stall and my latest run was after removing the cam and putting the stocker back in and getting a stock tune back. In case you didn't know, it snowed a lot here in Central Iowa (and Minnesota for that matter) when I had the cam in. Hard to drive in the snow on summer tire Sumitomos...

You are right, I have to try SO hard to fit in that I lied about having a car that would have been capable of 12's... because that is SO special

I don't have to try and convince you. Myself, my word, and my God know what I had in my car. Carry on now
That T/A was cammed?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Killemall
but that acura sold for 100K back in 1991...By todays $$$$ thats 150K...
No. Not even close to $100k.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Got a vid of what lays in store for the viper. May not be as fast as the Z but it's still pretty SWEET!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddv2M...&feature=feedu
Old 02-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RSKY
Got a vid of what lays in store for the viper. May not be as fast as the Z but it's still pretty SWEET!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddv2M...&feature=feedu
BIG BALLA Status right there!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FEARSM
Nah. I had to trade in one of my most favorite cars for it. If I could have kept the Z I would have.. Some day I'll get back into an LS powered car.. Mods are so cheap for them and power is so easy to attain..
Old 02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RSKY
Nah. I had to trade in one of my most favorite cars for it. If I could have kept the Z I would have.. Some day I'll get back into an LS powered car.. Mods are so cheap for them and power is so easy to attain..
LOL..damn good trade if you ask me!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
That T/A was cammed?
It was, but I went back to bolt-on's to sell it quicker.
I am in love with your Z06

I know I always say I will never get an exotic car even if I could realistically afford it - but holy hell, that Lambo changes my mind LOL
Old 02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Teching In

It was, but I went back to bolt-on's to sell it quicker.

I am in love with your Z06
Thats RSKY's OLD Z06 not mine. Watch the video til the end. It shows the current beast he just picked up.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats RSKY's OLD Z06 not mine. Watch the video til the end. It shows the current beast he just picked up.
I know I got it. I edited it. Sad loss of the C6Z but great upgrade! lol
Old 02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Beautiful Lambo!! Id love to run that thing.