Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99Z vs P/C SS & Duramax

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

Alright, so I haven't used a image hosting site yet, and have an old cardomain page for my truck, the pics are a little dated, but follow the link if you want a look.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/313405...up-4d-6-1-2-ft

BTW, anyone who wants to go fast with a diesel won't lift it, put big tires on (mine has 33s), or weight adders like a push bar. So, mine is primarily for towing and hauling
Old 02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
A late model Dimax(LBZ,LLY) like Frots can hit high 12s easy no matter what body style. Tuner/efi live,get rid of the egr,Diamond eye down pipe,cai with a banks scoop,turbo back exhaust,sleeves for the front end suspension(they can break on hard launches),converter,Transgo and a deep pan. Keep the stock little ugly rims too.
If its an LMM(late 07 and up) you have to can the particulate filter. Even with those mods the truck can still tow just about anything.

Best Dmax to me is the LBZ(Late 06-07). Get a plain jane one in white(single cab,cloth blah blah) and watch out!! Never seen a stick shift but they are out there....

I hear ya. I wasn't arguing about diesels, just pointing out the fact that they can be much quicker than some people think. I can outrun many stock or slightly modded vehicles while carrying my wife and both kids and also tow 16,000# with ease and still get 9-10mpg doing so.

to each their own I'm a diehard GM fan so anything fast and GM is good with me