Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ls1 vs nismo 370z

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
so why are you showing vids of a car that will be on cinder blocks in a few months because the front drive shaft wont stay together?
This actually made me LOL. I love **** talkers.

For those that don't know, there's no front drive shaft in a Talon.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
If you think all DSMs are ****, you're entitled to that opinion.

Mine is a very clean example.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...s-dsm-snow.jpg
FWIW, I'd rather have your talon than a G8. Just sayin

Originally Posted by fnfastz28
A 4.4 0-60 is childs play?...wow...what does that say about your car?
got some slips of what you have run good sir? Hell we could all claim that ls1 fbodies run high 12's stock, but that doesn't mean we are.

Btw, my daily driver, winter beater, child hauling, grocery getting, all season runflat wearing 4 door runs 0-60 in 4.2 seconds with a tune and air filter so yeah that's childsplay for a factory tuned sports car to run that.
Just FYI...if you do anything to your car, wether you remove the jack in the back, use slicks, or add a lid...that is not "stock". Stock is like you bought it from the dealer.

PS...I am pretty sure I am the only guy on the thread that currently owns both, take it for what you want. As far as the guy who seemingly owns neither...well that right there speaks volumes about how much your opinion means $hit. (thats you beans just in case you don't get it)
Lol, so you are butt sore or something I take it. Well to each their own. I've had a vq37hr in my g37 6mt and will tell you that unless you add boost there isn't a whole lot to gain from bolt ons and tune. I could share a dyno sheet if you'd like to see what I gained, its more than what you have given. It's quite laughable and ditched the car shortly thereafter.

Last edited by willizm; 10-06-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Launching!

so what does that make every ls1 that i beat in the 1/4 when my Z ran 13.2@107 stock... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(danggit your fix messed up my reply) LOL
I'm guessing thats gotta be a 370 to run that stock..?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Well let me clear up some of the misconceptions here. I have owned a 2000 SS, a 96 Z28, and a 98 Z28. The 350z's before the 07 models was quite a bit slower with a 5.8 0-60. Not as a fast a Z, but not that far off either. The 07-08 350z had quite a bit more umph especially with the different measuring of hp. So even though they only showed an 8 hp gain over the 06's, it was more like 50hp and that shows in their 5.1 0-60 times. Talk all the crap you want, but I do not know of a single LS1 other than the 98Z or the WS6 trans-am's that were close to that. Look at all the tests. The new 370z nismos run 4.4 0-60. If you have a stock LS1 and race a stock 370z nismo...you will lose, period...if the person can drive. In fact, the stock Nismo 350z would be a very good race for a stock ls1. Oh, and in addition to the above LS1's and LT1's I have and do own a Nismo 350z (#312). Stock for stock the 07-08 350z's are a drivers race...stock for stock a 370z is faster than an LS1. If you beat one, switch seats, it is probably the driver in the Z sucking. However, once you start modding, they are not even close...they respond horribly to mods and they are stupid expensive to gain ANY horse. Put that nismo on a track though and you have had a very bad day...they are much more than a body kit and brakes. The 350 nismos were hand double welded, track tuned suspension by Autech who also set up the GT2 winning nissan, stock wheels capable of running 315/30 tires, brembo brakes with a 70-0 that is on par with the c6 vette, and a slalom speed 1 mph slower than an lotus exige. All cars are purpose built gentlemen...congrats if you can pull out the win stock for stock in a straightline race against a car who straightline ability is the last thing they were thinking of when it was built.
Did you really just say that? What about the c5 vettes, the 01 and 02 with ls6 intake, the ss with slp parts from the factory or the firehawk with slp parts? So you're saying a 98 z28 or ws6 trans am is faster than all the ones I listed?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

again you only prove you dont knwo what you are talking about...nismo parts make a nismo eh? A v6 camaro with a lid is closer to a SS than a z with nismo parts actually being anything like a nismo. I am sure you know they are taken off the line and hand built and hand welded which makes them are about 35% more rigid than a standard Z. They also have VLSD which is the same as a detroit locker in the rear not offered in the other z's? Actual aerodynamics that work? Wider tires?Would you like me to keep going? You guys talk $hit...all of you and you PROVE with each commetn you don't even know WTF you are talking about. good job guys.
HAAHAHAHAH ur kidding right? A 300hp v6 camaro compared to a 426hp ss? The nismo didnt even really get a hp boost over a stock 350z... But Okkkk what part of those mods from the nismo make the car any faster from a roll? Last time I checked the 350 nismo doesnt really come with any hp gains other than an exhaust and maybe an intake iirc. Now suspension parts and a really cool rigid chassis may make the car launch harder but the fact is its still under powered and should get murdered by an ls1. Aerodynamics arent going to help you from a stop light race which is where you claim the nismo would do well, wider tires are cool also but I havent really seen a reg 350 z have traction issues because they lack low end torque, also what s a detroit locker do for performance once again if you have a good tire and a lack of torque like 350's have you should have no prob hooking on the stock rear.

All the things you listed are good for ROAD RACING and handling which is what the Z is designed to do however in a straight line it doesnt help as much.... FINALLY what parts besides a welded chassis cannot be bought at a parts store?? U can buy a nismo body kit, VSLD, Nismo Exhaust and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure anyone in the public can buy wider tires lol. Point being is that people can build their 350z with aftermarket parts to perform better than the nismo short of the stiff chassis. The 350 nismo is marginally quicker than the 350 but its no way close to an ls1 car...
Old 10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls2SilverBullet
I'm guessing thats gotta be a 370 to run that stock..?
Yaa it had to be he just beat most of the ls1's cuz he couldnt find f=one that knew how to drive lol
Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

its like dejavu.....
Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey OP, are you from Tulsa? I saw a Nismo yesterday here and wanted to race it but it took a different highway and i had to get to class.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Guys just take it for what it is....
Ls1=5.7l 350 hp+
370=3.7l 330 hp
The Ls1 has way more torque. For every one Z that beats a stock Ls1, there is 5 Ls1's that beat a stock Z. Straight line wise...
But LS1 guys talking about beating Z's in a straight line is POINTLESS!
Its like the Z guys talking about how their stock car just RAPED a stock Ls1 car around a track/course, its a given!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Just FYI...if you do anything to your car, wether you remove the jack in the back, use slicks, or add a lid...that is not "stock". Stock is like you bought it from the dealer.

PS...I am pretty sure I am the only guy on the thread that currently owns both, take it for what you want. As far as the guy who seemingly owns neither...well that right there speaks volumes about how much your opinion means $hit. (thats you beans just in case you don't get it)
So if I buy a new 5.0 with a cold air, cat back, tune it is stock? Or If I buy it and have them put a whipple SC on it from the dealer it is stock? Cause you can get all that done when you buy a mustang right from the dealer.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, i dont understand. Alot of the comments im seeing point towards if a car is just as fast in the quartermile then its just as fast on the streets. Ive done tons of quartermile pass and ive gotten my fair share of losses, low mph and e.t's. When we drive home and were on the highway 50+mph up to whatever speed that may allow i pull on the same car easily or a slow pull. Just because one car is just as fast or a bit faster then another car in the quartermile or 0-60 doesnt mean it has more power or is just plain faster. Might be he is quicker and has better traction, better driver and so on. I know a quartermile is a good indication of what might be if you were to race from a roll but not always the case.

My Friends G37 intake and exhaust will kill me in the quartermile especially 0-60mph. If you see the vids on the roll races its not even close and its an immediate pull. Ive lost to him pesonally by 2-3 cars from 0-80-85mph and that has alot to do with traction and driver. Probably lost alot of MPH as well just spinning most of the way and letting of the throttle to get traction. The 370Z is a fast car no doubt, ive heard alot of people say the 07-08's 350Z are better then the prior years but in the end its all preference and nissan did a great job with the new 370z.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Teching In

but you still drive a POS regardless... just sayin...
I remember when my car trapped 105
Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I remember when my car trapped 105
I can't. (Talking about my own car) lol just bored.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by karpetcm
LOL, i dont understand. Alot of the comments im seeing point towards if a car is just as fast in the quartermile then its just as fast on the streets. Ive done tons of quartermile pass and ive gotten my fair share of losses, low mph and e.t's. When we drive home and were on the highway 50+mph up to whatever speed that may allow i pull on the same car easily or a slow pull. Just because one car is just as fast or a bit faster then another car in the quartermile or 0-60 doesnt mean it has more power or is just plain faster. Might be he is quicker and has better traction, better driver and so on. I know a quartermile is a good indication of what might be if you were to race from a roll but not always the case.

My Friends G37 intake and exhaust will kill me in the quartermile especially 0-60mph. If you see the vids on the roll races its not even close and its an immediate pull. Ive lost to him pesonally by 2-3 cars from 0-80-85mph and that has alot to do with traction and driver. Probably lost alot of MPH as well just spinning most of the way and letting of the throttle to get traction. The 370Z is a fast car no doubt, ive heard alot of people say the 07-08's 350Z are better then the prior years but in the end its all preference and nissan did a great job with the new 370z.
Theres no way in hell you should be losing to a intake and exhaust G37. Your car runs hard the only way I can see that happening if you are roasting the tires completely giving him a 2+ car lead. I have raced this guy that lives by me in his full bolt on G37s at irwindale and I absolutely kill him everytime.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bolt on dyno tuned g37 6speed edged out a car length on my completely stock auto ws6 T/A on shitty 235 tires. I'd imagine that karpetcm would murder a g37 imo.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car is terrible at low speeds, it revs too quick and not in my powerband long enough not to mention wheelspin. He loves to race me from a dig, it takes me to the top of 3rd to finally start to slowly pull. If i start in 3rd gear from a roll race its completely different. At first when we raced from a dig he told everyone he can kill my car because his G37 does well on the highway. Then he brought his friend with him to record it on video so that he can post it saying he would crush my car. Well in the end he finally gave me a roll race where i have traction other then the chirp going into 3rd and i pulled him easily. Not to put his car down if i was stock im sure he would've given me a good run no doubt.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

My wife drives a 07 G35-S Sedan. Car has 3.73 gears, the same 306 HP HR engine as the 07 350Zs, etc, etc. Watch this vid and then tell me that another 27bhp would put her car ahead of mine, lol. The G35/S sedan weighs a whopping 3400lbs, fwiw. I'm a tune/Lid/Cat-back A4 btw. On the 2nd run, she got a good 1-1.5 car lead before I even downshifted... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_vHzo_QeA
Old 10-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
My wife drives a 07 G35-S Sedan. Car has 3.73 gears, the same 306 HP HR engine as the 07 350Zs, etc, etc. Watch this vid and then tell me that another 27bhp would put her car ahead of mine, lol. The G35/S sedan weighs a whopping 3400lbs, fwiw. I'm a tune/Lid/Cat-back A4 btw. On the 2nd run, she got a good 1-1.5 car lead before I even downshifted... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_vHzo_QeA
The G35S Sedan does not weigh in at a whopping 3400 lbs...
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Teching In

It's 3600 but still close enough
Old 10-08-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow the G35S got murdered but atleast there both yours, lol.

Here is me with my friends G37 Intake and Exhaust. By the way i had No LT's, ORY, SSRA in this race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxc6jY5TRck

Quick Reply: Ls1 vs nismo 370z