Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

KB Cobra Murder Via ZX10R

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would show a few pics with the powder coated parts.
Attached Thumbnails KB Cobra Murder Via ZX10R-dsc_9557.jpg   KB Cobra Murder Via ZX10R-dsc_9567.jpg   KB Cobra Murder Via ZX10R-dsc_9570.jpg   KB Cobra Murder Via ZX10R-dsc_9566.jpg   KB Cobra Murder Via ZX10R-dsc_9573.jpg  

Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Andrew1989
My best run was 9.35 at 153. I weight about 165 pounds. I am not really into dragging bikes. I am probably going to get a cheap 600 to get track ready.
Good kill man! Got to love shutting up douchebags. And wow, above quoted is the reason I'd never buy a bike. I'd be dead within a month!

Good to see you having fun! Be safe out there. Idiot drivers is what prevents me from getting a bike
Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great kill, OP. And nice job with the parts on the other guy's dime.

I'm gonna be in the market for a liter bike at some point in the next year so I'm trying to figure out what I want. I'm a huge fan of the gixxers looks-wise, so that's most likely what I'll end up with, but I haven't ridden many liter bikes so I need some more seat time to know what I'm gonna like the feel of the most. Last one I was on was a 2005 R1 and I wasn't a fan (although I absolutely love how the Ravens look). Another friend just picked up a K9 GSXR 1000, though, so I'll be taking that for a spin in the next month or so. Never been on any Kawi except for a 2003 ZX6R (and dirtbikes).
Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Great kill, OP. And nice job with the parts on the other guy's dime.

I'm gonna be in the market for a liter bike at some point in the next year so I'm trying to figure out what I want. I'm a huge fan of the gixxers looks-wise, so that's most likely what I'll end up with, but I haven't ridden many liter bikes so I need some more seat time to know what I'm gonna like the feel of the most. Last one I was on was a 2005 R1 and I wasn't a fan (although I absolutely love how the Ravens look). Another friend just picked up a K9 GSXR 1000, though, so I'll be taking that for a spin in the next month or so. Never been on any Kawi except for a 2003 ZX6R (and dirtbikes).
I was not a fan of those R1s either. Unless something else crazy comes out my next bike will be a BMW because I am a conformist. If you have the $$ I would look into one of those.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If I were to get a bike it would be a Ducati 1198 SP.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I love the gixers also,a guy has one that lives by me,its low ,streched,has a really fat tire on the rear,and its loud, that blue /white/redish orange color combo I just love,if I ever got rid of my car for a bike it would be that one,but there are a lot of dumb drivers out there,that care more about texting what's for dinner then keeping there eyes on the road lol,yeah all you guys that ride stay safe and have a great season God bless
Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
If I were to get a bike it would be a Ducati 1198 SP.
I think that is one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen. But at this point I can not justify dropping 20 grand on something with 2 wheels.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you haven't gotten to demo ride the new zx10 you need to, ASAP. The 2011 ZX10r is an absolute marvel of a bike, with one of the strongest engines and most advanced electronics to ever be put in a literbike. ABS, "anti-wheelie", traction control, and different power/abs settings for different weather and road surfaces...its a racebike that is not intentionally trying to kill you.

Professional riders are going quicker with the driving aids ON...that is saying a lot for what it could do for those of us who can't drag elbow .

It doesn't have the same prestige, but I would put it up against a Duc any day of the week on a race track.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Puck
If you haven't gotten to demo ride the new zx10 you need to, ASAP. The 2011 ZX10r is an absolute marvel of a bike, with one of the strongest engines and most advanced electronics to ever be put in a literbike. ABS, "anti-wheelie", traction control, and different power/abs settings for different weather and road surfaces...its a racebike that is not intentionally trying to kill you.

Professional riders are going quicker with the driving aids ON...that is saying a lot for what it could do for those of us who can't drag elbow .

It doesn't have the same prestige, but I would put it up against a Duc any day of the week on a race track.
Yeah I hear from a technological standpoint it is a really great bike and great on a race track. I don't really know a lot about other than it is severely detuned from the factory. I think it is still slower in a straight than the BMW but we all know there is a lot more involved with bikes than that. I will have to wait for some more information to come out.