Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Btw. Nice video zyborg
Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

when I first put the ls6 in I had the rev set @ 6600. It went fastest when I shifted as it was hitting the limiter @ 6600....so I figured it could use a little more rpm, this way I give myself a little leeway. When it was goin 122 mph I was boucning off the limiter @6800 for a good ways before the end of the qtr. Had to make the change from 4.10 to 3.90 gears.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I just blip, bleep, breathe the throttle just enough to unload the the trans and pull the gear. The car never even unsettles, it happens that fast. Liberty did the faceplating and rebuilt the trans at the same time. Cons: 1 it's a bit noisy as it will clunk when you change a gear under normal conditions....I kinda like cause it sounds like a dogged gearbox like in our racecars. 2 you HAVE to blip the throttle on downshifts to rev match rpm to speed for that gear. Once you get used to it then you don't even know it's done. 5 & 6th is still sycronized
Pros: it does'nt care if the clutch petal sticks or the clutch don't release because you don't touch the clutch at wot unless your going for 5th.
My 5.5" tilton clutch frees up some acceleration to. The whole package weighs 17# clutch ,pp, flywheel

Interesting.... from liberty gear.

"

Pro shifting and face plating does NOT make your transmission clutchless. The

shock load of shifting without the clutch will cause severe damage to your transmission"

http://www.libertysgears.com/faceplate-proshift.htm

I never had a problem with shifting gears with a clutch. I like the idea of not having too but,..even on my R1, i'd use my clutch,...never missed a beat,..raced my great friend who also had the same R1,...he didn't use a clutch,...for some reason, I was always a faster bike. I was also a lot more comfortable actually using a clutch. power shifting 101,..

Tilton is top notch,..i'll give you that.

(disclaimer-not being a dick,..just saying)
Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice runs man!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Interesting.... from liberty gear.

"

Pro shifting and face plating does NOT make your transmission clutchless. The

shock load of shifting without the clutch will cause severe damage to your transmission"

http://www.libertysgears.com/faceplate-proshift.htm

I never had a problem with shifting gears with a clutch. I like the idea of not having too but,..even on my R1, i'd use my clutch,...never missed a beat,..raced my great friend who also had the same R1,...he didn't use a clutch,...for some reason, I was always a faster bike. I was also a lot more comfortable actually using a clutch. power shifting 101,..

Tilton is top notch,..i'll give you that.

(disclaimer-not being a dick,..just saying)
yea I know the disclaimer....I also know I did it for 4 years before I busted 3rd gear face plate. I took it apart and sent them the gear and it was fixed for like $120.....I'll keep doin it for that. I never use the clutch on my fz6....it's smoother and faster that way...."powershifting"= hard on parts. People had to "powershift" when we had no power just to make that **** go....not the case anymore.
You can't tell me you can push a clutch - pull a gear- release the clutch faster than I can just pull the gear.... I know the difference, I've done both.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 02-22-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea I know the disclaimer....I also know I did it for 4 years before I busted 3rd gear face plate. I took it apart and sent them the gear and it was fixed for like $120.....I'll keep doin it for that. I never use the clutch on my fz6....it's smoother and faster that way...."powershifting"= hard on parts. People had to "powershift" when we had no power just to make that **** go....not the case anymore.
You can't tell me you can push a clutch - pull a gear- release the clutch faster than I can just pull the gear.... I know the difference, I've done both.

I can honestly sit here and tell you that it is a skill, to power shift,..and yeah, I can sit here and tell you that when done in all one motion, yes, without a doubt. Banging gears is banging gears. Only time we don't power shift is when there is a traction issue of any sort,..that is it, they're is no other acceptable option in my book, not to power shift. It is the deal breaker in all races that are on an otherwise even fighting ground.

Not gonna sit here and argue trans-clutch options,.. I think an I pattern, clutchless shifter would be the most ideal, quick shifting possible setup,... any other H pattern, clutch or no clutch,..I guarantee I can hang with.
Rarely do you come across someone that can drive.... rarely.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKiEwZBpRY

most people can't drive. Vid me clutchless shifting. You can see the 1-2 and 2-3 shift pretty well. Noticed how the car stay's setteled, that's what you want. I used to do acceleration testing for BMW.....all I can tell you is.....sometimes less is more. If your beatin on that car and it's jumpin around it ain't goin forward as well as it could.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ZYBORG, what editing program do you use? Forgot to ask.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKiEwZBpRY

most people can't drive. Vid me clutchless shifting. You can see the 1-2 and 2-3 shift pretty well. Noticed how the car stay's setteled, that's what you want. I used to do acceleration testing for BMW.....all I can tell you is.....sometimes less is more. If your beatin on that car and it's jumpin around it ain't goin forward as well as it could.
nice video

Originally Posted by WSsick
ZYBORG, what editing program do you use? Forgot to ask.
Its just good ol movie maker..... it sucks *****.... always freezes up and very litmited..
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
nice video

Its just good ol movie maker..... it sucks *****.... always freezes up and very litmited..
I figured as much, just figured I'd ask though. Whenever my friend & I make videos, we do it at his house on Sony Vegas but I kind of want to move to something else. I hate movie maker.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
I figured as much, just figured I'd ask though. Whenever my friend & I make videos, we do it at his house on Sony Vegas but I kind of want to move to something else. I hate movie maker.
need to use something else, something free....

Have you made any videos recently to look at?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

need to use something else, something free....

Have you made any videos recently to look at?
Not any decent ones. We slapped 1 together in like an hour or two, btu gave up halfway and just copy & pasted a movie maker vid in the middle. We used to make ones (not car vids) just messing around that turned out pretty well. We just downloaded Song Vegas off of Forstwire. Free.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

How is Vegas? I hate movie maker, so any free alternative to it for windows 7, i'd be willing to try
Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
How is Vegas? I hate movie maker, so any free alternative to it for windows 7, i'd be willing to try
same here
Old 02-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Nice video.Cool to show your losse's ...even though you gave him the hit!You being a good sport is very admirable,something you don't see much of lately.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I dont see it like a loss, he missed a shift the second time and he was pulling on the Cobra.. He did win the first race, so I say its a draw.

..about powershifting, I honestly could not do that no matter what most of the time in my SS cause there is no traction(unless with slick maybe!). Plus it will damage your car quickly. I think you should invest in a good tough clutch and after mod the car for real power so you wont have to do powershift/clutchless shift...I prefer to go faster using my clutch than powershifting the **** outta slower car and destroying the parts quickly. Just a personnal preference I guess.

Last edited by Johnnystock; 02-27-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
same here
We got Vegas 8 like 2 years ago. It works pretty well, but it does take a while to get used to. There are so many features and you can get very **** with how each effect comes in, where a certain thing is placed, etc. that you need to do the tutorial and use it often or you'll forget stuff. I'm sure Vegas 9 is better, and there are probably others just as good or better out there as well. I think SV10 is out by now too. Pretty cool the things you can do on these types of system if you really know what you are doing...which I don't claim to.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a side note what instrumental version of The Last of The Mohicans soundtrack is that???
Old 04-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Teching In

good kill zyborg.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
on a side note what instrumental version of The Last of The Mohicans soundtrack is that???
Last of the mohicanz
Hardstyle-The ultimate collection vol 2