Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

FINALLY got to race a new 5.0...best race ive had in quite a while

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid $200 for the used Superchips tuner and I can easily sell it for that when I'm ready to move up. Plus it knocked a half second off my QM time and did a great job tuning the trans so it shifts much better. So don't go opening you're mouth when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeez guys, I go to sleep and wake up to 4 pages already! I have so much too say but don't even know where to start.
Redhotg8 you should have put more thought into your first post....really, and all the following posts.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF do you know Mr I beat an unmodded car with my modded car. I'm done here since most of you guys are idiots.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
I paid $200 for the used Superchips tuner and I can easily sell it for that when I'm ready to move up. Plus it knocked a half second off my QM time and did a great job tuning the trans so it shifts much better. So don't go opening you're mouth when you have no idea what you're talking about.
or you could have got a custom tune not have to worry about selling the paper weight and be faster right off the bat. Hey what do I know I just have HP tuner's and have tuned 10 sec car's, but I have no idea what im talking about. Go back to highschool.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

A custom tune isn't going to do much more with my mods, so that shows how little you know. Many people are using the Superchips tuner on the G8 with great results, the trans tune alone is worth the price of admission. You do what you want to your car and I'll do what I want to my car, so stop flapping your jaw. I already said that I'll get a custom tune when I add more mods. What part of that don't you understand?

Last edited by RedHotG8; 02-27-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

And another one bites the dust...
Mr G8 owner, don't make war make HP!!!
Dyno tune FTW!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Oh the irony...
You think he knows what that is?
WTF do you know Mr I beat an unmodded car with my modded car. I'm done here since most of you guys are idiots.
Good comeback... You're done cause everyone in this thread Is owning you.

Keep modding got car and stay stuck in the 13s. As for me I'm going to stick to my cheap fbody that would run circles around you with two plugs pulled.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

The Superchips tuner works great for my mods since they have tunes that are optimized for the popular CAI's. When I can afford more mods (since I didn't buy a cheap car like an f-body) I'll get a better tune.

So don't go basing someone's knowledge of how to build a fast car just by the mods they have. I was building fast cars when most of you were in diapers and probably before some of you were even born.
Do you ever stop nutswinging off Superchips? You act like your sponsored. Just hush, your ***** slow. If your broke go work instead of wasting your time online complaining about it.

Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado
Ok first off you wasted your money on expensive paper weight(Custom tune's are cheaper and better than programmer's). Also for the bold statement who f*** are you that's like me saying (since I didn't buy a cheap car like a g8).

People these day's lol. He need's get all his heroe's together lol.
Hell thats exactly why I purchased a G8... it was cheap!! My cheap *** sedan hasn't had problems with the local stanger population though...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Like I stated before.. You're a moron.. U say were all childish and this and that. Yet u go on and say that ur car is so much better than ours.. :scratches head: how is that not a childish statement? all of your cars are pieces of **** MY car is so much better.. Like I said get off it..
Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow sedan
do you ever stop nutswinging off superchips? You act like your sponsored. Just hush, your ***** slow. If your broke go work instead of wasting your time online complaining about it.

Hell thats exactly why i purchased a g8... It was cheap!! My cheap *** sedan hasn't had problems with the local stanger population though...
lmao!!!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Just hush, your ***** slow. If your broke go work instead of wasting your time online complaining about it.
I'll say it AGAIN, I never said my car was fast. Some of you guys need to learn how to comprehend what you read! I put my spare money into my Harley and bought dirt bikes for my kids so we can riding together since I also have a YZ250. Riding dirt bikes is a lot more fun that racing around on the street and getting tickets. Been there done that, and with today's laws they put down the hammer on you if your caught.

Last edited by RedHotG8; 02-27-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ls1z
Like I stated before.. You're a moron.. U say were all childish and this and that. Yet u go on and say that ur car is so much better than ours.. :scratches head: how is that not a childish statement? all of your cars are pieces of **** MY car is so much better.. Like I said get off it..
Show me where I said my car was better than yours. I said mine cost more so don't go twisting around what I said.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Isn't the point in modding a car to make it faster, so that they can beat other fast cars whether they are modded or not. Point is that the new 5.0 has 400+ HP stock so the fact I beat it tells me that I'm accomplishing my goals and beating cars that would normally beat me.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Nice kill OP! The new 5.0s are no slouches!

Originally Posted by Beans
If i were in the market it would be between that and the 370z.

The 5.0 is much better than the VQ37, but i would strongly prefer the chassis of the Z.

Edit: sorry, i'm going a bit off topic.
The VQ is a great engine. I would hope an engine with 2 more cylinders and more than another litre in displacement would make more power than the vq37. A 370z with a 5.0?? Now you're TALKING!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I don't even want to drive a 370Z, I know the car would make me fall in love with it. Only thing is I don't think the motor would be that great of a platform.
A 370z with another 100hp in it would be too cool for Nissan to release. Honestly there's nothing wrong with the engine in it. Now. In fact the engine responds fairly well to mods. Stock internals and na (no power adders) record for the 370z is in the 12.2s trapping 111 with around a 1.8 60 foot. That's impressive to me for an na v6 (about 200 lbs of weight reduction).

Either way though I favor the 370z handling, feel, and looks more than the 5.0s. I'm just eagerly awaiting Nissans next Z car with either a twin turbo v6 or high revving small block v8...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad I don't have a wife two kids etc etc and still feel the need to prove myself to twenty two year olds on the interwebz..
Old 02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

If Nissan uses a smallblock V8 in the next Z then sign me up!!! I'd rather own a Z than a 5.0 as long as it's faster and handles better. Because unfortunately Mustangs ARE like ********, everyones got em.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
You think he knows what that is?
Not a chance in hell.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:56 PM
9 Second Club

A custom tune isn't going to do much more with my mods, so that shows how little you know. Many people are using the Superchips tuner on the G8 with great results, the trans tune alone is worth the price of admission. You do what you want to your car and I'll do what I want to my car, so stop flapping your jaw. I already said that I'll get a custom tune when I add more mods. What part of that don't you understand?
I'm not going to waste my time with someone who obviously can not comprehend things.
Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Do you ever stop nutswinging off Superchips? You act like your sponsored. Just hush, your ***** slow. If your broke go work instead of wasting your time online complaining about it.

Hell thats exactly why I purchased a G8... it was cheap!! My cheap *** sedan hasn't had problems with the local stanger population though...
lol I hear ya. (p.s. im not saying g8 are cheap just using it as comparitive to the other guys ignorance)
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

My comprehension is just fine, it's yours and some of the others here that is lacking. I know how to make my car faster, it just takes money that I don't have. And I don't have to start a post asking everyone what I should do to my car to make it faster to achieve that, like a lot of people here do.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:28 PM
9 Second Club

My comprehension is just fine, it's yours and some of the others here that is lacking. I know how to make my car faster, it just takes money that I don't have. And I don't have to start a post asking everyone what I should do to my car to make it faster to achieve that, like a lot of people here do.
Do you not remember you first post in this thread. You said the OP should not be proud that his bolt-on fbody beat a 2011 gt. A stock 2011 gt put's down around 360-370 rwhp a bolt-on fbody usually put's down 350 rwhp. If it was me I would be damn proud if my bolt-on fbody beat a 2011 gt. They are very stout cars. You sir need to comprehend that you started the fight's in this thread and just say your wrong.