Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A Few Saturday Night races

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Few Saturday Night races

I Went out to the local street scene here in the area to check it for the first time. Man where there allot of 4cyclinders with fart cans. I did not know anybody and after standing around for about 15 minutes waiting for some domestics to show I just left and cruised the streets around the area. On to the races.

1. Pulled along side an Ls1 Z28 with a loud exhaust. He actually passed me and was revving on a SS up ahead. He gave up after the SS would not play and pulled a U at a light. I pulled in behind him. We lined up after doing the u and we paced at about 30mph, he honks 3 times then we nail it. Right from the start, he pulls about half a car through first. Then about another 3 car lengths by the time we shut it down somewhere in third gear (red light coming up). Talked to him after and he had Jet Hot headers, Magnflow mufflers with gutted cats. Not sure if A4 or M6. Ouch got smoked but it was fun.

2. Paced an LT1 Z28 from about a 40mph roll we both nail I put about a car on him by the time I get 3rd and he shut down.

3. Tried to race a LT1 TA from a stop light but a big GM suv was in the middle lane blocking eye contact with the TA, the SUV is throwing revs so I figure everybody is going to run. Green light I roll on full throttle pretty quick and smoke the suv and once I realize the TA is not racing I shutdown at about 80. Then bam the TA flys by (guess he stared late) I give chase but fail to downshift far enough and he walks away from me. Next red we both tiptoe through the intersection and we both nail it at the middle of first up to the top of second just enough space to put about a car on him. For some reason he shutdown there.

All in all it was allot of fun, I would really rather find nice secluded place to run some others cars from a stop rather than just roll up on people in stoplight land. Maybe I just need to find the right people.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:12 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Nice death

2. You shouldn't pick on the less fortunate

3. I don't know what to say about all of that confusion

Gald you had fun.