Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

540 Rwhp @2000 vs 480 rwhp viper

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Well if I were you and kept posting all of these races of me getting beat, im pretty sure id swallow my pride and make some power lol. I guess you feel better when you lose because you are N/A? Dumbest thing ive ever heard.
Unless we are lookin at differant vids im sure i just posted door to door runs with a 540 rwhp 2800 pound s2000. even when he jumped out early he only had me by a length. achots and they were very evenly matched. just not enough for noob on race gas.

to the na statement. id still need headers/intake/throttle body/manifold just to be considered a full bolt on car. na viper builds are 600 through 700 rwhp. at that level i would care if i lost. at mild bolt ons and tune....meh.....i havent even tapped the cars potential so posting a win or loss makes no differance. ijust for fun.

.honestly for the 3k im dropping just for 25 rwhp from the cam and air intake and tune/thermostat i could have easily added a 100 shot and be 600 rwhp . just not my style though
Old 02-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killemall
.honestly for the 3k im dropping just for 25 rwhp from the cam and air intake and tune/thermostat i could have easily added a 100 shot and be 600 rwhp . just not my style though
Sorry, but if a cam alone isn't gonna give you 25rwhp on a friggin V10!! then I'd slap myself for wasting my time.

Hell, a cam can give a bolton LS1 nearly 100rwhp. Why you settling for so little? I know you aint got the dough of the other guys you race, but come one=- spend that money WISELY! NEVER spend the money 'twice', ie go for the correct cam the first time.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Launching!

Old 02-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Teching In

to the na statement. id still need headers/intake/throttle body/manifold just to be considered a full bolt on car. na viper builds are 600 through 700 rwhp. at that level i would care if i lost. at mild bolt ons and tune....meh.....i havent even tapped the cars potential so posting a win or loss makes no differance. ijust for fun.

I'd love an 08-10 Viper full bolt-on's and weight reduction since I'd be spending 99% of the time driving the car on a road course. I just don't understand why you'd drop $3k on a cam, air intake, and a tune for a little bit of power. It's not like you have to drive it every day do you? Since all you do is street race why not aim for some real power? Just don't see the point in keeping it NA. Sorry.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well ****, i need to open a damn shop that works on vipers, your guaranteed to make money and never dissappoint customers.

$3,000=25rwhp.............your out of your damn mind, unless your one of those guys that does a cam strictly for sound. Not to mention if i beat a "cammed" viper id be ecstatic cause id think it was a bad ****, when in fact its only gained 25hp from it.......WEAK.

but its your car to do what you want so
Old 02-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Wreckemall...another race with a car that should STOMP you, with a passenger in EACH car...of course you win, but no video? Come on, man, at least give your story a chance. Hell, use some of that editing software I hear you're excellent at using, or something...but 4 bodies involved in a race with some high dollar/badass cars...and no videos...

Bitching about the difference in passenger weights? ...and you wonder why your stories are picked apart...
Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by willizm
So you had a co pilot and yet neither of you (who do decent video editing btw) had the hindsight to shoot a video? Is a video coming?

Good kill, the s2k must have been turbo
Turbo and on the stock block at 540 rwhp..Quite impressive for a four banger. Forged from the factory is awesome.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
The viper I raced was 450whp (stock).
Much like dewey *** you walked hard

Originally Posted by WSsick
I think we all know what I think of Killemall's threads, the same applies to this one as well.

I like the excuses being made in the first paragraph though, didn't waste any time bitching about having extra weight. Glad you weazeled out of that one to get passenger free.
RSKY is 240 plus pounds. Guy looks like a college football player. If the other vehicles arent gonna have passengers would you want a guy that big in your ride? All haveing passengers then what ever and its all good

Originally Posted by Mr370z
I just assumed you were power hungry. Guess not that power hungry... yet?
I love being the underdog. Started with a V6 Fbody and went from running 16.8's to 14.9's in the late 90's and early 2000's. That part of me just never left

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
I was wondering what car made 540rwhp at 2000 RPMs reading the title. It didn't matter though, the Viper got pulled either way.
I see it as finishing dead even in the first vid and the viper a half car up in the second vid and the s2000 wwith a premature start in the third vid and winning by a car length. At 540 rwhp and 2800 pounds its a Damn fast car and I wasnt expecting it to be so close.

Not only can i dream of having RSKY's cars, i can dream of once being able to make a video like him lol.
NOOBINATOR is the man. Guy has a talent. Im jeolous a hell. My videos have improved 200% to what level I was at a year ago. But still look like dog turds in comparison to NOOBS

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Sorry, but if a cam alone isn't gonna give you 25rwhp on a friggin V10!! then I'd slap myself for wasting my time.

Hell, a cam can give a bolton LS1 nearly 100rwhp. Why you settling for so little? I know you aint got the dough of the other guys you race, but come one=- spend that money WISELY! NEVER spend the money 'twice', ie go for the correct cam the first time.

ITS AN OEM VIPER COMPETITION COUPE CAMSHAFT AND MY CAR IS STILL COVERED UNDER WARRANTY Yea their was a cam that would give me 70-100 rwhp with just the cam and I was very close to doing it. But a voided warranty sucks and vipers are hard to drive on the stock cam. Let alone a big lopey cam. I have regrets and went back and fourth over what to do for some time. In the end haveing a lil extra power from a slightly upgraded OEM cam and still being able to extend my bumper to bumper warranty for another 5 years won me over.

Originally Posted by Mr370z
I'd love an 08-10 Viper full bolt-on's and weight reduction since I'd be spending 99% of the time driving the car on a road course. I just don't understand why you'd drop $3k on a cam, air intake, and a tune for a little bit of power. It's not like you have to drive it every day do you? Since all you do is street race why not aim for some real power? Just don't see the point in keeping it NA. Sorry.
I have 5 cars and rarely drive the viper. See above for warranty and why I chose this mild OEM cam. I had a nsx for a few years and I must have spent 20K in matanance/broken stuff ect. Haveing a warranty on a car like the viper were just bad window regulators will set you back $4,500 is peice of mind. In the past year alone the warranty saved me 8K on the viper's maintance. Window regulators/clutch solinoid/power steering ect.

Well ****, i need to open a damn shop that works on vipers, your guaranteed to make money and never dissappoint customers.

$3,000=25rwhp.............your out of your damn mind, unless your one of those guys that does a cam strictly for sound. Not to mention if i beat a "cammed" viper id be ecstatic cause id think it was a bad ****, when in fact its only gained 25hp from it.......WEAK.

but its your car to do what you want so
See above reguarding warranty

Originally Posted by snake95
Wreckemall...another race with a car that should STOMP you, with a passenger in EACH car...of course you win, but no video? Come on, man, at least give your story a chance. Hell, use some of that editing software I hear you're excellent at using, or something...but 4 bodies involved in a race with some high dollar/badass cars...and no videos...

Bitching about the difference in passenger weights? ...and you wonder why your stories are picked apart...
No differance in passenger weights. I was gonna have a 240 pound passenger while they went Hans Solo. ONLY the GTR had a passenger.

What do you mean no video???? Its been posted for quite some time.

Last edited by Killemall; 02-28-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RSKY
I figured he was going to lose anyway. Might as well have a passenger that can shoot a video instead of having a camera mounted to his windshield, and pointing in one direction not knowing how far he get's beat by or wins by. When I race, I don't give a **** whether or not I have a passenger or not. I am either going to win or lose. Killemall.. next time.. just take your passenger seat and your sub out and you'll lighten the car even more.. I doubt it will make that much of a difference.. but you never know. Hell.. who needs doors and a rear bumper.

I did ride in the GTR cause I knew he was going to win most of his races anyway.. it's probably cause the GTR weighs almost 4000 lbs. anyways.. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_JAsMjGXu0

this is one of the best RSKY videos for sure. Funny as hell...Im thinking 15,000 hits in a month. Its that damn good
Old 02-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Again, the video with my Supra in it is misleading. I was running 15 psi due to an agreement prior to the race. 15 psi is not 550 rwhp on my old setup. Plus you never post the rest where I turned the boost up to 17-18 psi and won and always discount that race as me having turned up the boost to 24+ psi which was not true as well.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Always gonna be someone trying to discredit me or call me a liar ect. Good thing I can edit my vids to make it look closer than the real rape that happened
Fixed.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Longest multiquote ever ^^

And who said the s2k was jumping? too much to read back through after viewing the vid against killemall and the z06.. Seems he was merely compensating the lag and not brakeboosting if any at all. Fair races all around IMO
Old 02-28-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You race like ****. You jump and you shut down when your about to get a bus put on you. Every vid I see of yours you do that. Even that guy in this s2000 figured you out and jumped the last run
Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

^^ he has a point..
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM

Why is it that by the end of every new thread, he posts up every previous race video that he was ever in?

Btw, I stopped actually reading these threads and watching the videos long ago.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

thats one healthy honda
Old 02-28-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

I only watch for the S2000 lol
Old 02-28-2011, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cosmos
You race like ****. You jump and you shut down when your about to get a bus put on you. Every vid I see of yours you do that. Even that guy in this s2000 figured you out and jumped the last run
Killemall didn't jump once in the vid against the s2000.

It's not his fault the guy in the S2K drives his car like it's N/A.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beans
Killemall didn't jump once in the vid against the s2000.

It's not his fault the guy in the S2K drives his car like it's N/A.
I stand corrected but I have seen him do it. He did a have a lead when he went though. Looked like the honda had to wait for him to go before he hit it. He still shut down before he got his *** whipped.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Looked like the honda had to wait for him to go before he hit it.
It's probably all turbo lag.

He still shut down before he got his *** whipped.
The runs were a little short, and killemall has done some creative editing in the past. Theres a lot of traffic in the S2k vid and HI seems to be full of curves and elevation changes, so long runs are probably difficult to do.

Either way, it was a close race.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I stand corrected but I have seen him do it. He did a have a lead when he went though. Looked like the honda had to wait for him to go before he hit it. He still shut down before he got his *** whipped.
I don't know much about little 4-bangers, but I imagine the turbo needed to get 540rwhp out of a tiny lil s2000 would be big enough to need to be driven properly to stay out of turbo lag.

Just like a 600 crotch rocket, the driver makes a HUGE difference when you have such a narrow power band.

Quick Reply: 540 Rwhp @2000 vs 480 rwhp viper