Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock ws6 vs mkIII supra and fc rx7

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks guys. it was fun. this weekend we will probably re-do the runs and get it on camera. I will also get more info on each car. I have also been told that the rx7 owner has been tuning feverishly on the car to try to pull more out of it. the car is built to handle 22 psi, but he doesn't want to take it that high. he just can't get over losing to a stock ls. plus he said he wants some vids showing his awesome flame show during runs. everytime he grabs a gear it shoots about a 3 foot blue flame from the exhaust. should be interesting, and I will be sure to post it up for you guys' enjoyment
Old 03-01-2011, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know much about RX-7s but a built RX-7 not making enough power to beat a stock Fbody is really weak. The Supra you raced I can understand because its a 7m that weighs about 3800lbs but I would think that a built motor on an RX-7 would make more power.

Good kill though.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheHitman
The MKIII Supra was built from the late 80s to early 90s and had two powerplants during its time, the 7MGTE and the 1JZGTE. It also has a 5 speed manual or Auto option. The 7m won't make 550rwhp on the stock turbo, it will make around 350rwhp. The 2JZ on the other hand will make about 450rwhp on the stock turbo but that is maxing out the turbo on meth or race gas.

Hope that clears some things up.
Guy I ran that made the claim had the rounded Supra, the newer style one. It sounded like he was full of it, and the run down the onramp must not have been a fluke- it must have had 350rwhp and 200 internet whp.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Guy I ran that made the claim had the rounded Supra, the newer style one. It sounded like he was full of it, and the run down the onramp must not have been a fluke- it must have had 350rwhp and 200 internet whp.
So he had a MKIV Supra (93-98 in the US with the 2JZ). On race gas he can make close to 550bhp but your average BPU (Basic Performance Upgrades or bolt on) Supra would make around 400whp and probably about 350-375whp if you are in California or on 91 octane.

Quick Reply: stock ws6 vs mkIII supra and fc rx7