Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

EF Civic vs 405whp C5 vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try not to judge too much because to each their own, but there are alot of Civics I would own before that body style.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 PM

by looking at that video again it looks like he is running in 4th gear then shifting to 5th. I do know for a fact that the top of 4th gear with a LS transmission shifting around 7500 rpm will put you somewhere in the 120's then 5th gear you could easily push 160mph. that's all if he is running a near stock size tire. So i would say these cars were really moving.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

I guess it doesn't look horrible... I just think it is too boring and plain.

The side window, rear styling, and the front end would all have to be changed IMO.
The side window: too tall and big. There are also no lines on the side of the car, just smooth.
Rear styling: It reminds me of a minivan with the way the lights are setup.
Front end: It's too squished and makes the sides look much bigger.

I know this sounds stupid. but it just doesn't have enough character to me.
Hot hatches should be more wild and aggressive looking.
They are meant to be an all-in-one on a budget car.
Where's the creativity in that car?

The problem with the EF (IMO) is it was made to fill a trim slot, it doesn't look like it was made with the purpose of being a hot hatch.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

The honda is ugly, all hondas are ugly to me. That is not the point though, good kill.
The race looks slow, the vette looks and sounds stock. To me it looks like the vette took off in the wrong gear, like 4th or 5th. The take off pull in the honda dont look hard, it dont pull the camra man back into his seat. When I take off in my car from a roll my head touches the head rest unless I break the tires loose, it dont look like the honda can or does that. High 200fwhp honda with 3 dude in the car, one being fat vs low 400rwhp vette, (vette>honda). But on the street anything can happen.

I lost to a honda before, he had K24 on NOS and fully gutted out, he said he made 325fwhp with naws, off the bottle I got him by 3 cars on the bottle he got me by 2 cars. ,gave him his props and thumbs up. From my run ins it to honda its hard to belive the vette is pushing over 400rwhp. Stock vette vs high 200fwhp honda (honda>vette). I got nothing against hondas I just dont like the way they look any of them, I like some acuras.

But good kill.

Last edited by unknown pontiac; 03-02-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Wait a second... are u fn with me man?!
Nahh...Sorry bro. I had all of the intention of keeping it, untill i got home one day and it sounded like it was knocking from the bottom end (guessing rod bearing?). I never dug into it. Just sold it off for $1k as is and counted my losses. That was my daily so I couldn't afford not to have a car. I Got rid of the stang, picked up a 2010 focus, and now have a 91 Firebird as my toy (gotta stick to your roots!). It was a mess, but everything worked out. I'll catch up with ya in a few weeks im sure.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blown07GT
and now have a 91 Firebird as my toy
I'm thinking the Firebird might be a good race for the Z28 (if I ever actually get it back on the road ).
Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Dammit. Why'd you have to go and post that picture, I just ate my lunch.
It's just too damn bland and boring. Virtually no character and simple lines.
The only real lines it has is the trim, which makes it look worse if anything.
It looks a lot like the other boring hatches from that time.
It just doesn't do it for me at all. JMO
Originally Posted by WSsick
Sorry, the *** of that car is just plain ugly IMO. The later hatches (EGs?) were MUCH better.
Man, haterz gonna hate!

I guess you could call me a bit of an..........80's car fan lol. I just love the boxy design of the cars from the 80's, the classic but semi-modern looking interiors (ie not bare bones like a muscle car), and how simple they are. And ALL of them have gobs of dashboard storage room!!! You ever try to fit even a wallet and cell phone anywhere in a newer car? They feel so crammed!

My 90 civic hatch basically has a shelf for a dashboard. I throw all my **** onto it and it's not even half full. Same thing with fox bodies. Nice big shelf on the dashboard.

But hey thats why there are people that drive EF's over EG's. Not everybody likes the same thing. I don't like EG's for the simple fact that I see at least 5 on a daily basis, yet I never see any EF's (mostly because they're all rotted to death by now, but thats beside the point). And if your building a race car, EF is about as light a car as you'll ever find in a honda.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I'm thinking the Firebird might be a good race for the Z28 (if I ever actually get it back on the road ).
You've got some time! I'll be around all summer. I've gotta take it through emissions first so I can pull that stupid cat back out and then throw the summer jets in the carb...but that should all be done soon. All said and done, I do think that could be a good race.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool vid! I actually used to like those little crx cars if anyone remembers them. Civics aren't my thing but to each their own
Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 PM
yfz
Teching In

I love the EFs body style. I own a 95 hatch though. To hard to find the older body style in good shape that someone doesn't want a fortune for.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Blown07GT
You've got some time! I'll be around all summer. I've gotta take it through emissions first so I can pull that stupid cat back out and then throw the summer jets in the carb...but that should all be done soon. All said and done, I do think that could be a good race.
New sig looks good!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

NIce kill.. Its street racing guys, I mean the vette could have been a noob driver, and the vette could have had 300,000. Miles and ran like ****!! We dont know!!! I mean cmon ...honda dude, beat that vette not your car, for all you know your gto, or vette, or camaro can whoop that pos honda...but will never know ...lol
Old 03-03-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bh353
you sure do talk alot of **** for having a slow car.
A 12 second DD and a turbo build WS6 project sure sounds slow to me
Originally Posted by willizm
Yeah, I know my bimmer is pretty slow and will run high 12's, seat 4 comfortably, has a nice sized trunk, and handles any crap weather the midwest has to offer. I'm so jeaolous about a cam and bolt on gto and the inherent slowness that I have become. I think my dd would give you a run for your money brother.

Btw, I just thought the insult was clever, not warranted.

Sorry about the late reply. Too busy actually working on my own car.
Can't wait to see it done!

And regarding any Honda hatches, But to each is their own. I'm sure many thought my old TA was compared to a 98-02 WS6
Old 03-03-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

I'll post vids up of the honda next month when its officially done. I think it will surprise quite a few people.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I think it will surprise quite a few people.
If it does they will never admit it and will just tell you that it's ugly
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
If it does they will never admit it and will just tell you that it's ugly

Only if they drive a GTO
Old 03-03-2011, 09:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
A 12 second DD and a turbo build WS6 project sure sounds slow to me

Can't wait to see it done!

And regarding any Honda hatches, But to each is their own. I'm sure many thought my old TA was compared to a 98-02 WS6
Wonder what happened to the gto troll? I was expecting him to come back with some snarky reply and take the conversation a different direction. I guess there is still time.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have raced a civic a couple times last year it was a gsr swap with i think it was around 12-13psi made 358whp. It wasn't a hatch back so i'm sure it might have weighed a little more but results were.

Me 2002 z06 headers, blackwing, clutch, catback. I had my buddy with me him by himself. 50-125 he had me by a fender and i started creeping back towards the top of 4th then we shut down for a big sweeping corner. Fast *** little car but not 6psi either. I was untuned at the time so 370whp?

honda's can be fast I know 3 that move out pretty good but none are less the 10+psi.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGLASS
I have raced a civic a couple times last year it was a gsr swap with i think it was around 12-13psi made 358whp. It wasn't a hatch back so i'm sure it might have weighed a little more but results were.

Me 2002 z06 headers, blackwing, clutch, catback. I had my buddy with me him by himself. 50-125 he had me by a fender and i started creeping back towards the top of 4th then we shut down for a big sweeping corner. Fast *** little car but not 6psi either. I was untuned at the time so 370whp?

honda's can be fast I know 3 that move out pretty good but none are less the 10+psi.
That sounds about right. The op's story seems to be a bit off. Then again psi doesn't equate to hp as he could be running a huge turbo that flows alot of air at less pressure. I'd expect it to have a ton of lag if that were the case. Just seems like putting too big of a turbo on a 4 cylinder is asking for a crap load of lag. :dunno:
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by willizm
That sounds about right. The op's story seems to be a bit off. Then again psi doesn't equate to hp as he could be running a huge turbo that flows alot of air at less pressure. I'd expect it to have a ton of lag if that were the case. Just seems like putting too big of a turbo on a 4 cylinder is asking for a crap load of lag. :dunno:
Yea i dont remember what turbo the guy i raced was running but it didn't lag to bad. All my turbo buddies brake boost anyway.

Quick Reply: EF Civic vs 405whp C5 vette