Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

EF Civic vs 405whp C5 vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EF Civic vs 405whp C5 vette

This is my boys EF Civic - it was LSV Turbo (stock internals)... There were 3 people in the Civic (front passenger is the tuner who is a large guy) after a bit of tuning. Civic was only on 6 psi.

The vette owner followed them and pulled up to ask what was done - he was downright SHOCKED. He said he had 405rwhp and was impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDmM2...eature=related
Old 03-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Good kill for the Civic! Any idea what it's making for power or what the vette had for mods?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

No way in hell that civic was running 6psi..
Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good kill for the Civic! Any idea what it's making for power or what the vette had for mods?
Believe it was boltons and a cam - unfortunately I wasn't there at the time of the video.

Originally Posted by bh353
No way in hell that civic was running 6psi..
The car weighs about ~2200lbs and I'd def believe its only 6 psi - I've been in the car!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Oh I stand corrected it was all GSR, i completely forgot!

Coulda been one of those SLP "power packs" and the guy went off the hp advertised. Which to me would make more sense as well.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Believe it was boltons and a cam - unfortunately I wasn't there at the time of the video.

The car weighs about ~2200lbs and I'd def believe its only 6 psi - I've been in the car!
And that c5 weighs about 3100lbs..civic has three passengers that probably equals or is close to the c5's weight. Im telling you that civic is not running 6lbs of boost or that c5 is not making the power he is claiming...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Ummm....i don't know what to say.

Civics usually have short gears, and that thing took a weekend to get through 4th. It didn't look fast, and on 6psi it shouldn't be.

Auto c5s have 2.x gears and trap what, 105?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coulda been one of those SLP "power packs" and the guy went off the hp advertised. Which to me would make more sense as well.
Lots of guys out there don't even know the difference between crank and rear wheel horsepower, so that wouldn't surprise me in the least. Though I also don't buy that only 6psi (aprx. 40% boost in power over N/A) would be enough to take down a 405rwhp 3100lb vette. However, there is no doubt that he beat him, and with 3 passengers to boot is impressive.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned

seems like a stock c5
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Im calling bullshit on this..that civic is slow as ****..i never heard any turbo spool or blow off..i raced one of those civics about three weeks ago and killed it and i know he was running more than 6psi..
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

And that c5 weighs about 3100lbs..civic has three passengers that probably equals or is close to the c5's weight. Im telling you that civic is not running 6lbs of boost or that c5 is not making the power he is claiming...
Apparently u missed my previous post

Originally Posted by Beans
Ummm....i don't know what to say.

Civics usually have short gears, and that thing took a weekend to get through 4th. It didn't look fast, and on 6psi it shouldn't be.

Auto c5s have 2.x gears and trap what, 105?
He had an LS transmission at the time which is retarded long gears.

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Lots of guys out there don't even know the difference between crank and rear wheel horsepower, so that wouldn't surprise me in the least. Though I also don't buy that only 6psi (aprx. 40% boost in power over N/A) would be enough to take down a 405rwhp 3100lb vette. However, there is no doubt that he beat him, and with 3 passengers to boot is impressive.
It's def 6 pounds - u don't hear a darn thing from the turbo, just can hear the vtec. They were out street tuning it when they ran into the vette.

Originally Posted by automach1
seems like a stock c5
Negative, def had boltons - thats minimum facts.

Im calling bullshit on this..that civic is slow as ****..i never heard any turbo spool or blow off..i raced one of those civics about three weeks ago and killed it and i know he was running more than 6psi..
Like I said above...(Read)... you don't hear much from the turbo b/c its such low boost. Also, he kept the throttle open between shifts so you really wouldn't hear much from the BOV esp when its such low boost. you can call BS all you want

This is when it was running about 12 or 13 psi.. against my Camaro.. IIRC I was running 560/595 in this race. ( note the popping sound.. he already cracked a couple ringlands.. after the race it was all white smoke )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbZz7JbH1Tc

and just cuz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or5xN1xCNas&NR=1

Last edited by sujomatt; 03-01-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Apparently u missed my previous post

He had an LS transmission at the time which is retarded long gears.

It's def 6 pounds - u don't hear a darn thing from the turbo, just can hear the vtec. They were out street tuning it when they ran into the vette.

Negative, def had boltons - thats minimum facts.
I don't know what to tell you ,but i would put a hurting on that civic and im only at 453rwhp in a 3600lb gto..that civic is not making no where the power of a c5 vette with cam and bolton's with 6lbs of boost with a motor that puts out 160hp stock at the flywheel...hahaha
Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know what to tell you ,but i would put a hurting on that civic and im only at 453rwhp in a 3600lb gto..that civic is not making no where the power of a c5 vette with cam and bolton's with 6lbs of boost with a motor that puts out 160hp stock at the flywheel...hahaha
Please review what i just posted lol. I got 100rwhp and probably 200rwtq on u and he did pretty well with 6 more psi
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Please review what i just posted lol. I got 100rwhp and probably 200rwtq on u and he did pretty well with 6 more psi
ok dude bring that little **** box to virginia..i would murder that civic.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Why r u getting so mad?

He'll be at 400fwhp in a couple weeks. The engine is completely done and has in the JDM b16 gears with LSD. You'd get walked.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Why r u getting so mad?

He'll be at 400fwhp in a couple weeks. The engine is completely done and has JDM b16 gears. You'd get walked.
i don't care what fwhp he is at in a couple weeks..he could not beat my car right now.. thats like me saying wait untill i put a f1c procharger on my car and make over 600rwhp..then what?i would still rape that **** box.it is what it is a honda is a cheap *** **** box...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Sweet EF.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

i don't care what fwhp he is at in a couple weeks..he could not beat my car right now.. thats like me saying wait untill i put a f1c procharger on my car and make over 600rwhp..then what?i would still rape that **** box.it is what it is a honda is a cheap *** **** box...
Oh you are 1 of those idiots. Sorry, he isn't planning on racing anyone from Virginia through a Post war. You could beat my bicycle right now too, but I don't give a ****.

Not everyone likes 13 mpg and cost of parts more than a state colleges tuition. He loves the car, I love the car - it's a one of a kind. Stop hating

The only **** box I know of is what's between your ears.

Originally Posted by Ruthless909
Sweet EF.
Thanks bro!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Oh you are 1 of those idiots. Sorry, he isn't planning on racing anyone from Virginia through a Post war. You could beat my bicycle right now too, but I don't give a ****.

Not everyone likes 13 mpg and cost of parts more than a state colleges tuition. He loves the car, I love the car - it's a one of a kind. Stop hating

The only **** box I know of is what's between your ears.

Thanks bro!
well don't post bullshit of a **** box on 6lbs of boost beating a vette with 400+rwhp..it ain't happening im sorry.the guy in the vette was clueless..he was not making 400+rwhp.He would of raped that **** box.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, you are absolutely retarded. Let me make it easier for your hick brain to comprehend:

Oh I stand corrected it was all GSR, i completely forgot!

Notice how I said, (not literally) "oh hey you guys may be right. Might be an older gentleman confused about what he has, etc." My friends knew he had an exhaust MINIMUM. So, I'm sure it very well could be a bolton vette. From what they told me, it was a manual as well.

Just because it's not something you believe, or because you simply hate 'imports' - you don't have to be the biggest ***** I've ever run into over the net.

Oh and before I forget, GTOs are ugly and slow boats

Quick Reply: EF Civic vs 405whp C5 vette