Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock G8 GT vs Stock S2000 w/vids

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock G8 GT vs Stock S2000 w/vids

I was planning on heading out to the local cruising spots tonight to see if anyone was around, but I wasn't holding out much hope due to the time of year. Before I got up there Ju1ce called and asked if I wanted to run an S2000, which I was all over of course.

I met up with the guy and he was real cool so it didn't take much to get him to agree to a couple friendly races.

His car is a stock S2000 with a few cosmetic mods. I don't remember the year, but he said it's the older motor.

And of course, your friendly neighborhood G8.

PSM was riding with me and the guy with the S2000 didn't have a passenger. We asked him what kind of a race he wanted and he said a 1st gear start. We slowed down with him and it ended up being a very slow roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E3G-Q3qlBY

After the first race I was going to give him the hit, but he didn't want it, which I have to give him credit for. We asked what mph he wanted to start at and he checked him rpm/mph quick and then said 20 mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFsKDRv8-fo

Very cool guy who didn't make any excuses or try to back out at all and was just looking for fun ,friendly races.

After those runs we went back out and found a small group with an SRT-4 with a big intercooler and a stock MazdaSpeed3. I talked a little ****, but kept it friendly, trying to get a race, but they weren't really interested in running my car or my buddy's WS6. To be honest, I think it was more that they were scared to lose rather than that they didn't think we were worth their time.

The guy with the MazdaSpeed3 did end up racing the S2000 a couple times and it looked like the S2000 got him out of the hole and then the 3 walked by him, but I'm not sure how far ahead he was at the end.

Very fun night and better than I could have hoped for in early March.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 03-05-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Jesus man is there action on the pike already??? LOL, I'll take the honda down and see if anyone wants a go at 90 ground pounding HP! Good kill too. Bout what I figured. I raced a stock S2000 in my old cammed 305 TPI and had him by around 1.5 cars both times we raced. My 305 was around a 14.0 car at the time....possibly a little quicker with DR's but never tried it.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:53 AM

To be honest, I wasn't worried I was going to lose, but I thought it would be closer than that. I just hope Matt is still up for a run
Old 03-05-2011, 04:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
To be honest, I wasn't worried I was going to lose, but I thought it would be closer than that. I just hope Matt is still up for a run
Damn is seems like every time I check this section you have a new kill story, how do you get so damn lucky in getting all these runs? I wish I could get a decent run but I can never get anyone to race me.

Looked good though nice kill, I was surprised you walked him that much though, even with a passenger in the car. May have been a better race if you guys did a higher roll, and he started in 2nd right before V-TEC. That was pretty bad lol.

For some reason I thought AP1's were quicker than that. A while back my friend had an S2K with full bolt-ons and it was definitely quick. It stuck on the bumper of my other buddies 99 Z28 with a K&N FIPK when they ran. But then again the Z was an auto and I was in the car as well.

Nonetheless looked like you had some nice clean runs, and raced a cool guy. Your kill stories should be a model for others. Good description, and multiple videos, you set the bar! Lol. Can you throw some of these races my way please? My WS6 is getting lonely.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice murder!!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ouch

Matt I might have to let you borrow my turbo for a week...
Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"let out" haha
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
For some reason I thought AP1's were quicker than that.

Nonetheless looked like you had some nice clean runs, and raced a cool guy. Your kill stories should be a model for others. Good description, and multiple videos, you set the bar! Lol. Can you throw some of these races my way please? My WS6 is getting lonely.
I thought so too. Maybe someone on here can step up and show us that they are

And I appreciate the compliments. I try to look at other people kill stories and see what I think they are missing or what I would like to see done differently. Obviously it's not always possible to get every race on video, but I try to grab a picture if I can. Sometimes that's just not in the cards though and then it takes a little creative writing to get people to bother reading a story that had no visual stimulation

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Ouch

Matt I might have to let you borrow my turbo for a week...
What does a stock S2000 dyno and what does a turbo one make on pump gas with the stock engine?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Teching In

That kid in the S2000 was really cool. He's a friend of one of my good friends. We met up and ran it too, but I was spinning so bad my car was instashifting into 2nd gear at like 10mph. I still ended up getting him by a solid amount by ~120. I was impressed by how well he drove that thing. His shifting reminded me of myself.

Also I raced that black SRT4 with the huge intercooler. He wouldn't run me then did a ricer flyby. I got on it wayyy after him and started to pull back but he was up a few cars and stopped. I got next to him and he'd do nothing but rev at me. So I told him to roll the window down and I showed him a 20 dollar bill. I said on scouts honor if you race me and win I'll give this to you. He's like, OKAY!

He just takes off and I hit it too. His lead was very short lived and the Regal blew right past him on my way to a 5+ car win lol.

It was funny, before any of that happened we were all talking about how big the intercooler was on that car. I was saying all that thing is was a big lie.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:48 AM

I was hoping the guy with the S2000 would be able to beat the MazdaSpeed3, because I wanted to see him get a win last night, but it wasn't in the cards. PSM and I also commented that it seemed like he was driving it well from what we could see/hear.

I was trying like crazy to get that SRT-4 to run Alfred in the Trans Am, but he kept saying that something was wrong with his car and it was breaking up or something. I will say that he didn't really get on it at all when we all rolled out to watch the second race, so I thought maybe he was telling the truth. Probably just scared after getting beat up by the Regal though
Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Before we left he was revving it off the limiter in the parking lot. Either that or a Regal beat down left him or the car in rough shape.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 AM

Haha, that car looked to be in rough shape right off the bat...at least the paint was.

At one point they started talking about their friend's, Uncle's 700 horsepower Civic or something and Alfred was like, "Call 'em up and see if they wanna get smoked by a stock Trans Am." Needless to say, text messages were sent, but no one ever came out

We found it funny that a stock G8 and stock Trans Am had them running scared, but I guess that's what you get in early March. Also, after getting rocked by the Regal, they probably thought our cars were rocket ships...if only they knew.

Definite props to the guy with the S2000 for being willing to race anything there just to have a little fun.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

That's focking funny.

I love your G8 in red dude.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good kills Ron.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
And of course, your friendly neighborhood G8.
That made me laugh for whatever reason. It's like a big red elephant that happens to be pretty quick. Jealous of your great week of runs. Matt's gonna be in troubleeeee.

Oh, and LOL @ PSM having to tell you to let out.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
Good kills Ron.

That made me laugh for whatever reason. It's like a big red elephant that happens to be pretty quick. Jealous of your great week of runs. Matt's gonna be in troubleeeee.

Oh, and LOL @ PSM having to tell you to let out.
+1 to all of this^

Nice runs, Ron! You're having a damn good week!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

that was hard to watch lol
Old 03-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the comments, guys! Sometimes getting races is all about luck, but sometimes it's about knowing people who know people, lol. I try to get numbers whenever I can (as long as the guy isn't shady as ****) so that I can set up future races.

I'm curious to see if this is the norm or if it should be closer, and the race with Matt should give me a good idea of that. Also, it sounds like he's going to be hitting the dyno soon, so that'll answer my above question.

Maybe we can get some S2000 on S2000 incest too.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in complete shock at how bad the beatdown was. I thought if anything it would be a decent race, especially with me in the car and no passenger in his, but after the first race I was just like, "Oh noooooooo......."

The kid was really nice, though, and could definitely drive.

Matt, you might want Ron to throw three guys in the back seat and one in the front passenger seat when you run.

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
May have been a better race if you guys did a higher roll, and he started in 2nd right before V-TEC.
I don't know, man. The pull just kept going and going. It never really slowed and the G8 is more impressive once it nears triple digit speeds than it is down low with the massive torque management. Just when you think aerodynamics are gonna start causing problems, it pulls harder and harder. It really doesn't take too much road to hit the speed limiter in this thing, at least not nearly as much as you'd expect from a 4,000 pound, four-door sedan.

And yeah, the kid in the S2000 did say he had an intake and tune on the car.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 03-05-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Teching In

To be honest I thought that S2000 was quicker than other's I have raced. It had an intake and a tune the kid said... and he could most definitely drive.

We ran an S2000 in the Genesis awhile ago and beat it bad. I'd guess this one would hang better.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:05 PM

We gotta find some good races for the Genesis this year.