Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z28 vert vs 2011 CTS-V coupe (6.2L supercharged)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Z28 vert vs 2011 CTS-V coupe (6.2L supercharged)

I just ran a guy yesterday on my way home from the grocery store. Could only get one run off before we ran out of room... 30mph roll to top of 3rd (about 90 I think wasn't watching my speed, I have 3.42's). I was probably 1-2 cars ahead at most but I was starting to edge away. I have to say, that car was gorgeous and very quick. It was all black, nice central exhaust, the works. Met up with the guy after at a best buy and he said he was the first one in Dayton with one (or so he was told). Makes 5XX hp stock, and is 6.2L and supecharged. Based on what I found on google those do 12.3@117.7 stock. He also has a GT-R and I told him I'd be at the track on the 26th. Maybe I can get a vid this time! Cool guy tho, wish I had his job lol.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

nice run. I was just admiring one of those parked outside my work today.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. Wonder how bad you would beat hiim in a better roll? I would think that your setup would walk away from him pretty good! They are putting down in the 450rwhp range, and weigh 4100? 4200? lbs.

My brothers friend just bought a coupe V for his wife. And he drives a C6 Z06. Too bad he doesn't race... in fact, he has had his Z06 for 2-3 years now and admitted the other day that he doesn't think he has ever had it to redline before. And only gone WOT "a few times" but at lower rpms. ..... atypical corvette owner right there ... And now he's talking about trading his Z06 in for a ZR1-- it's what he went to the dealer to checkout when his wife fell in love with the CTS-V Coupe.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Good kill. Wonder how bad you would beat hiim in a better roll? I would think that your setup would walk away from him pretty good! They are putting down in the 450rwhp range, and weigh 4100? 4200? lbs.

My brothers friend just bought a coupe V for his wife. And he drives a C6 Z06. Too bad he doesn't race... in fact, he has had his Z06 for 2-3 years now and admitted the other day that he doesn't think he has ever had it to redline before. And only gone WOT "a few times" but at lower rpms. ..... atypical corvette owner right there ... And now he's talking about trading his Z06 in for a ZR1-- it's what he went to the dealer to checkout when his wife fell in love with the CTS-V Coupe.
That's crazy why even buy it if you aren't going to drive it like a raped ape? lol. A 30 roll is actually just about perfect for me...with 3.42 gears I launch hard at that speed. Problem was that he was catching me fast and when he was probably 10 or so cars back I noticed him gaining faster like he was accelerating. I feared he would ricer flybye me and in a car like that it would be hard to catch him lol. So most of my 1st gear after I hit it was matching his speed. When I hit 2nd we were pretty close...but 3rd I started creeping away. Couldn't really wind it out b/c of traffic. Hopefully if he goes to the track we can get some good passes.... Altho I'll be racing his GT-R that he claims he did 11.9@124 lol. Oh well, he may out trap me in that but I outta be able to beat an 11.9 if I can 60' it halfway decent. Haven't been to the track since the heads, but I'm kinda worried about this rear end lol.

edit: i'm in a convertible too, so that slightly reduces the weight gap unfortunately.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squale iii
Altho I'll be racing his GT-R that he claims he did 11.9@124 lol. Oh well, he may out trap me in that but I outta be able to beat an 11.9 if I can 60' it halfway decent. Haven't been to the track since the heads, but I'm kinda worried about this rear end lol.

edit: i'm in a convertible too, so that slightly reduces the weight gap unfortunately.
If he's stock, I don't buy the 124mph as far as I could throw that heay beast. Rape'm!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
If he's stock, I don't buy the 124mph as far as I could throw that heay beast. Rape'm!
He didn't say if his GT-R was stock. But if he's running 11.9 I outta be able to take him if I can pull at least a 1.8 60'...I tend to baby my car off the line, but if I'm next to him **** the rear end I'm going to launch that **** LOL. Would make a great video to have a redneck convertible beating a GT-R.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Launching!

http://www.fquick.com/videos/12_flat...ime_at_KK/8320

That's what I did on stock heads with a 1.83 60', so I'd imagine with a similar 60 and AFR heads I outta be able to shave at least a 10th