Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 T/A vs. 240sx vs. WRX

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 T/A vs. 240sx vs. WRX

Went cruising with a few friends over the weekend. Was just gonna be a "drive around and watch people stare" type of thing, but ended up getting boring and we started doing some pulls.
The WRX (not STi) has a Blouch 16g, with turbo-back, up pipe, down pipe, mid pipe, FMIC and a custom tune, standard shift. Not sure what else, but I think he has some sort of aftermarket intake, he claims 320 AWHP. Runs 17ish psi I think

The 240sx has a SR20DET redtop swap with the stock t28, not sure what he is running on boost but the turbo is basically brand new. Has some sort of fart can on it, but he doesnt know what else is done to it.

My car has FTRA kit, SLP lid, smooth bellows, SLP Loudmouth, and crappy tires (as in the tread is so cracked its about to fall off.)

First pull we did was at 20-30 mph, we pulled to about 80 and the 240 was no where to be seen, I thought he had turned off onto a side street but I checked my mirrors again and he was about 10 car lengths behind somehow, the WRX was around 3-4 behind and i was still pulling away.

Second was on the freeway, three wide, I was in the middle in fourth gear at around 50, we...well more like me, went to about 145-150. Three beeps and they had nothing but turbo lag, and i started pulling, the 240, again, got walked, the wrx hung with me until i was at about 115 and i started pulling away, the 240 at this point looked like a dot in the mirror.

Few more races but with the same results. I didn't expect to kick THAT much ***, later on we went to what my buddy called a "badass meet" filed with around 20 honda's a cobalt SS, and a VW golf. All were talking about their dyno session at 240 whp, I felt bad for laughing, but I got my first real ricer experience I guess.

Figured I would share my amusement with everyone else
Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Launching!

haha baddass ricer meet i like it! don't laugh too hard at their 240hp dyno numbers though, because its all about the hp per pound ratio, and 240hp in a 2500 pound car is right up there with minor modification LS1's!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

well i ran into a few of them today after I got off of work, did a few pulls, it was like me racing an LS1 in my grandma's 94' 3.4 lumina!

Quick Reply: 01 T/A vs. 240sx vs. WRX