Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'10 GT vs G8GT **vids**

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool

Originally Posted by WSsick
The giraffe is coming over here some time next month when he gets his car straightened out...hopefully with a new cam and intake.
With the right parts it would take a full bolt on ls1 to take his car down. Even then...not sure
Old 03-24-2011, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
With the right parts it would take a full bolt on ls1 to take his car down. Even then...not sure
I think from a roll or a street dig I would have been a damn good run for him. We'd be trapping in the same area. I might have a few interesting runs for him. I need to hit up ZMG since he's a full bolt-on LS1 but he's got some good tires and like 4.56s. That'll give giraffeboy as much as he can handle for a bolt-on LS1.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Launching!

This can go down in history as a person's best day on earth. Good way to use test drive time wisely.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I see your shameless plug and raise you with the new(old Hitler) 5.0 video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpECrDIHjc
Ouch! That hurts to us third gen owners out here, lol. Vid was funny as hell though. Laughed my *** off watching it. Charlie sheen one was funny too.

this classic G8 vs 3 valve race reminds me of when me and SRZ raced when I had my old shelby GT. Race was DEAD even the entire run. I couldn't believe those G8's were so damn quick!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
This can go down in history as a person's best day on earth. Good way to use test drive time wisely.
Nah, the best day on earth would be if I got a test drive of a C6.

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
this classic G8 vs 3 valve race reminds me of when me and SRZ raced when I had my old shelby GT. Race was DEAD even the entire run. I couldn't believe those G8's were so damn quick!
I was wondering how the autos did against the G8s compared to a manual. Got any vids?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Launching!

I was thinking the same thing. Although, my post was more on the situation, not the cars. lol
Old 03-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I forgot for you younger guys several months is old. I remember waiting several months for a letter, no internet back then, during the gulf war so I guess I have a different view of old. Its all good I was entertained and that is what matters to me. You young phuckers have a good night.

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm pissed off or bashing anyone, too many beers for me.
You hurt my feelings

Really I was giving you a hard time, and I saw irony in the fact that you called me out on calling something old, especially when...well, enough cane jokes have been thrown around, I'll give it a rest

Remember when I first started posting in SRK and picked an argument with you over your sarcasm toward Ford? Too funny! Dumb n00b.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
I was thinking the same thing. Although, my post was more on the situation, not the cars. lol
Ahh, I see. Yeah I doubt I'll have those conditions again, though I'm going to try the same formula every time now to see if I can get the same results.

Sean I saw the ninja edit, other color was better.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Ahh, I see. Yeah I doubt I'll have those conditions again, though I'm going to try the same formula every time now to see if I can get the same results.

Sean I saw the ninja edit, other color was better.
I didn't think he'd have noticed it
Old 03-24-2011, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Old 03-24-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
You hurt my feelings

Really I was giving you a hard time, and I saw irony in the fact that you called me out on calling something old, especially when...well, enough cane jokes have been thrown around, I'll give it a rest

Remember when I first started posting in SRK and picked an argument with you over your sarcasm toward Ford? Too funny! Dumb n00b.
I know you were and I was returning the same. I think every Ford guy that comes on here picks an argument with me. I think its funny. If they knew me they wouldn't do it though and they usually figure out pretty quickly I'm just messing around. Its pretty easy to tell when I am being serious. It doesn't happen very often on the internet.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

I know you were and I was returning the same. I think every Ford guy that comes on here picks an argument with me. I think its funny. If they knew me they wouldn't do it though and they usually figure out pretty quickly I'm just messing around. Its pretty easy to tell when I am being serious. It doesn't happen very often on the internet.
The need for a serious font and a sarcasm font is great. Whoever creates it will be a millionaire!

On a side note, I thought the guys at SVTP would rag on me for ragging on the stang...only 1 guy did. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...g8gt-vids.html
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 PM

Your G8s in trouble with some 3 valves! What are some good roll speeds? We were trying to figure that out for his car yesterday, but he kept getting walked 20, 40-50, but 60 was better but high rolls like that are .
I find the best rolls to be any speed that puts the engine around 4000 rpm or just above. That allows me to manually choose the gear I want and then, after I punch it, it gives me time to click it over into drive and than back to sport shift mode so that it shifts itself.

I have noticed that the G8 doesn't hit hard when you throw down the hammer, and if it wins it's usually due to a pull as the race plays out, rather than an initial jump.

I was wondering how the autos did against the G8s compared to a manual. Got any vids?
I've never raced a 2010 GT, but I raced NightmareTA's Shelby GT and one other 2005-2009 GT that I pulled a 1/2 car on, but never got to talk to the guy.

Nightmare's car was a 5-speed.

Me vs NightmareTA:

45 mph to 120 mph:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOFuc-1c1Q0

20 mph to 135 mph:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FggoXGPVDKw
Old 03-24-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^ miss that car...
Old 03-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

^^^ miss that car...
Me TOO
Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I couldn't believe those G8's were so damn quick!
I am amazed how quick and refined they are. When I test drove a stock G8 GT it felt slow but then I looked up trap speeds and average times and was like

Thankfully I'm buying some nitrous this weekend for a steal to make the LT1 a bit more enjoyable while we piece together the LQ4/Turbo build
Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I find the best rolls to be any speed that puts the engine around 4000 rpm or just above. That allows me to manually choose the gear I want and then, after I punch it, it gives me time to click it over into drive and than back to sport shift mode so that it shifts itself.

I have noticed that the G8 doesn't hit hard when you throw down the hammer, and if it wins it's usually due to a pull as the race plays out, rather than an initial jump.

I've never raced a 2010 GT, but I raced NightmareTA's Shelby GT and one other 2005-2009 GT that I pulled a 1/2 car on, but never got to talk to the guy.

Nightmare's car was a 5-speed.

Me vs NightmareTA:
Wow, we never had one that close. Our 2nd run (not on video) was a closer but I still had him. I guess that extra hp helped me. I'll pass along the shift technique.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I am amazed how quick and refined they are. When I test drove a stock G8 GT it felt slow but then I looked up trap speeds and average times and was like
Weird, when I rode in this G8, it felt much quicker than my car felt. Feels much stronger than any bolt-on LT1 I've been in.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Thankfully I'm buying some nitrous this weekend for a steal to make the LT1 a bit more enjoyable while we piece together the LQ4/Turbo build

My g8 ran a 13.4@106 bone stock with paper tags and 650 miles. Its a quick car for what it is. As was mentioned earlier the stock tune has a TON of tq managment on down and upshifts so the g8 doesnt really "jump" from a roll with the stock tune. Manual mode and then smacking it back into sport is the best way to go.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fiveoh
My g8 ran a 13.4@106 bone stock with paper tags and 650 miles. Its a quick car for what it is. As was mentioned earlier the stock tune has a TON of tq managment on down and upshifts so the g8 doesnt really "jump" from a roll with the stock tune. Manual mode and then smacking it back into sport is the best way to go.
I definitely wouldn't mind one as a DD. Hopefully I can pick one up with low miles whenever my Eclipse decides to crap out
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 AM

Wow, we never had one that close. Our 2nd run (not on video) was a closer but I still had him. I guess that extra hp helped me. I'll pass along the shift technique.
The Shelby GT is rated 319 horsepower and 330 torque. The 2010 Mustang GT is rated 315 horsepower and 325 torque.