Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 SS vs 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Those things make it not a Mustang? C'mon... Of course it's a Mustang, even closer than most Cobra models of that yr.

Couldn't really tell he got a red light... I think the track lights are hosed though, since it gave the win lights on his side. I did note the -0.11 light and wondered, but the stage lights looked green... I saw the light at the bottom too, but was expecting an actual red and it doesn't look red. Since you labeled all three with nitrous, I mentioned the apparent lack of on the 2nd.

You mentioned the addition of a 12 bolt being helpful for you... I agree. Of course, if he really knew how to drive, that car could've run a 12.4 when factory stock. He could've added more juice too.. so... it could've been better for each of you, with better things involved. Your car seems quite consistent though and for that matter, so is his, just not as close to yours from the looks.

Anyway, back to our actual topic...
When people say mustang.. It is implied V6.. Hence why I said tis no mustang.. We all know it is a Cobra...........

The -0.11 meant he had a red light.. And at 50 sec mark it flashes red. But he crossed the traps first still giving him the W.. But he lost bc of the foul

Read the vid title again.. race #1 and #3 are labeled as N20.. Race #2 says NO N20

12 bolt would have netted me a much faster E/T.. stupid 10 bolt (m6 car).. and I had to be careful launching as I was on MT ET Street DRs

I'm jsut a better driver
Old 04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Tell me you're kidding! Are you seriously one of those guys who says "It isn't a Mustang, it's a Cobra"? GTFO! Seriously dude, it's a Mustang Cobra. Just like a Trans Am is a Firebird. Cobra is more specifically what it is, but it is still a Mustang, mods done to it, also, do not detract from it's "Mustang" status. I really hope the joke's on me and you're just kidding. I think you are.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill man.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cobra in those vids is slow for what it is. That car should be running at least low-mid 11s with a solid axle and spray.