Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'02 Firehawk M6 Vs 2010 SS Camaro M6 ..Your prediction

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't imagine not modding a car ever. No matter what the rarity. I would mod a Bugatti Veyron SS just so that it had alittle something extra and be something i felt like i worked on and made more custom to me ya know?

As far as rare value and all that...who knows. I mean. Pontiac is out of business, and this is the last year of its production. I do plan on keeping it forever but i can't see the value of it being that much. even down the road. Time will tell i guess.

On another note there are several Firehawk Convertable's for sale on Ebay right now with a decent price on them.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In the next year i want to have a little body work done and re paint it in Sunset Orange Metallic as well. That may **** some people off too. lol
Old 04-11-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind you reprinting it a different color, just pick a good color otherwise leave it red! Lmao
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Addict

Go for it! A friend of mine got his 10th An.(Black & Gold '01) Firehawk and within a month or two, had an intercooled Procharger on it. His apparently came with the Auburn diff, which lasted all of about 6 passes as I recall. If I remember right, he only had about 6psi boost because LS1 Edit wasn't available yet.

It's yours, have at it! Btw, I am all done with red cars, but I'm thinkin' that's pretty nice on yours and probably wouldn't change it myself. Not my concern though, since I'm not painting it and most importantly, it's YOURS!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

That's a prettty convertible!They always look better with the top down!I second the modifications,at first I felt a little bad modding my 30th ann.ws6 but that feeling goes away,mostly when your laughing at some one in your rearview mirror that can't keep up!Almost forgot good kills!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice car and kills op!

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
The WS6 convert 6 speed cars are rare enough....I can imagine a convert 6 speed hawk is a tough car to come accross. I had a 2000 hawk and sold it because I put a ported TB and catback and then felt bad that I was modding one haha.
I didn't want to mod mine at first even though it was a little less rare, there were only like 9 '01 hawks that were black, a4, leather, w/ttops etc etc. Like 470 t/a hawks and 70 formy hawks that year (so not exceptionally rare really). It was bone stock, then I did a lid and tune...and well the rest just "happened"

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Nice ride,ya I don't see to many cars beeing worth all that much down the road,maybe a select few but no new mustang,or anything like that,they will never be big buck cars like the 60s,and 70s, why you are one of the few on here that has a rare car,I still say mod it and have fun,or you can wait 90 years for it to be worth big bucks lol,
One just sold not long ago on Barrett Jackson for about $33,000 usd, although it had next to no mileage. They'll be worth something to a buyer who really wants a hawk of course. Still fun to mod them though
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend bought GNX#433. car had 87 miles on it in 2000. he sold it 4 years later. it had 96 miles on it. yeah he made 10 grand off of it. but did he enjoy it? he then bought an '86 T-Type with 50k on it... modded the hell out of it and drove it all over. think about which one he enjoyed more? unless you're loaded to the gills and have a warehouse to store "museum pieces" enjoy what you have, life is too short.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^best advice here
Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I completely agree. There is no reason not to drive and enjoy what you purchased, or mod it for that matter. Needless to say i just started ordering more parts last night thanks to my tax return
Lots of BMR suspension to start with, got a custom cam, looking at heads, and a roll cage.. pics will come out soon

Quick Reply: '02 Firehawk M6 Vs 2010 SS Camaro M6 ..Your prediction