Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'11 Mustang V6 vs '99 SS **gopro vids** +2 new vids

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
Nice vids Sean. That '11 would have had a chance against me that day we ran from the way things looked.
Might have got ya!

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
YES IT DOES

I hate it. Can't wait to get a better program and show off my cameras 720P video lol.

And sweet runs. I was surprised at how well that V6 held with an LS1. Goes to show we have some good fights on our hands these days.
I was thinking of waiting until we got a bunch of videos together and putting it all together in a nice video...but then I got lazy and didn't want to wait around so we just did a 5 minute chop. Don't like the limited amount of **** you have on MM.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I was in absolute shock of how the V6 Pony performed the first run. I figured a bit of spinning was a contributing factor. I watched it in 360p (internet traffic Sunday night at 1am sucks here) and it looked okay to me!

Tell your buddy to ditch the LM1 when he decides to do LT's, ORY, and ditch the cats. I love the sound of my LM2 LT1 <3500rpms - but past that and top end... HOLY RASP!
Don't worry, the LM1 will be gone. He knows he doesn't want it once the exhaust opens up, we have a friend that has a cammed LS1 with LM1... It will being an interesting direction for the exhaust setup though.

Originally Posted by z99ls1
camaro was sleeping on the line... V6 runs pretty good. Looks like a high 13 second car
I was driving it. I like to wait until after the 3rd honk to go, just so people can't claim I left early...which leads to giving the hit every time.

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
^ True statement

Im guessing by the go pro on stang that he didnt have a passenger correct? Stout lil V6 either way.
Guess I deleted it, both had a passenger.

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
LOL @ everyone saying the stang "held up". That thing got smoked as expected. Imagine if the SS didn't have a passenger.

Nice runs!
Eh, depends on how you look at it I guess. ~3 cars to me isn't a beat down when you take the cars into consideration (SS had more mods actually) but I guess I can see where you can call it that. Three cars is a more than solid win, but it held it's own decently I'd say.

As I just posted above you, I forgot to put that both cars had 1 passenger.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice video, dude.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSsick
Eh, depends on how you look at it I guess. ~3 cars to me isn't a beat down when you take the cars into consideration (SS had more mods actually) but I guess I can see where you can call it that. Three cars is a more than solid win, but it held it's own decently I'd
Psshhh that sure looked like more than 3 car lengths on that second run. But you were there so you should know, right?!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Psshhh that sure looked like more than 3 car lengths on that second run. But you were there so you should know, right?!
I was driving the SS, just from a quick look back in the mirror I thought about 3 or 4, my passenger said about 3 or 4 and the other 2 said about the same so that's why I put ~3, just to be on the safe side. One car length really isn't something to get hung up on.

I only got a quick look back because there was a completely trashed/totaled 4th gen Camaro off to the right. Scared my friend who never wears his seatbelt into putting it on that second. I think you can see it in the video.

edit: nevermind, we cut the video too early to see it. Suffice it to say, it was looking somewhat concave.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hardly got "yanked." Did you ever see how pathetic the old 4.0 was? That would have got at least 2 buses but on it, this thing held within ~3 cars in that 2nd race and would probably be less than .5 behind at the track.
dunno man got the jump and never had a shot. Id say thats yanked. Not like it held it close until higher speed when more power takes over. Not knocking the v6 stang, it does well for a v6. I just didnt find it impressive like the other guy did. thats all.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice video man! You guys weren't bored were ya?

LOL @ everyone saying the stang "held up". That thing got smoked as expected. Imagine if the SS didn't have a passenger.

Nice runs!
you are such a hater, you are starting to turn into quite the nut hugger. It did get beat yes but smoked like you stated? Not hardly especially when you take the cars into consideration its a v6 mustang for christ sake vs the god almighty ls1 and loses by 3-4 cars, not bad if you ask me

He would know better than you yes
Old 04-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Good runs. My mom has a 2011 V6 Mustang too, been wanting to line it up with my stock 98 Z28 but havent had the chance yet.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F8L BYT

you are such a hater, you are starting to turn into quite the nut hugger. It did get beat yes but smoked like you stated? Not hardly especially when you take the cars into consideration its a v6 mustang for christ sake vs the god almighty ls1 and loses by 3-4 cars, not bad if you ask me

You still mad brah?

Out of respect for WSsick lets try and keep this thread clean.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 AM
9 Second Club

Them little v6'ers are pretty damn impressive.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think people are impressed by the new V6 Stang because we remember the old 3.4's and 3.8's for fbodies and the old 3.8's and 4.0's for the Mustangs which were all comparatively anemic. Some people aren't used to change and are surprised by the progression of modern engines
Old 04-18-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

A year and a half ago, a V6 Mustang running like that one would be using a power adder to do it... That's significantly different than today and for that reason alone, this V6 is impressive. Seeing a stock one run a 13.7 on the drag strip??? Yeah, we expected that, didn't we???
Old 04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
meh.. it got yanked as expected. nothing special
In the grand scheme of things, of course not. But I think it was pretty special that today's V6 pony cars are running times that used to be reserved for V8s.
Hardly got "yanked." Did you ever see how pathetic the old 4.0 was? That would have got at least 2 buses but on it, this thing held within ~3 cars in that 2nd race and would probably be less than .5 behind at the track.
Yeah man, that engine sucked. And the 3.8 was TERRIBLE.
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I think people are impressed by the new V6 Stang because we remember the old 3.4's and 3.8's for fbodies and the old 3.8's and 4.0's for the Mustangs which were all comparatively anemic. Some people aren't used to change and are surprised by the progression of modern engines
Exactly
Old 04-18-2011, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

New videos about to be added...gives you a little different perspective since the GoPro is hard to judge distance sometimes.

EDIT: ADDED UP TOP

Last edited by WSsick; 04-18-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

The camera angle from the car losing always makes the car count look way worse than the camera from the car in the lead. Nice to see 2 different perspectives.

And LOL @ all of those saying it's not impressive at all. You are comparing fords bottom of the barrel base engine in the mustang to an engine that still today is a force to be reconned with on the street....and with the mods the camaro has he should be right around 330 WHP. I find that pretty damn impressive for the mustang to hang as well as it did.....a car that can be bought for just over $20K brand new.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Impressive for the stang but the sound of the 6 banger would get annoying
Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

you are such a hater, you are starting to turn into quite the nut hugger.

Starting to turn? It's been a while, now. It's like he has to act like a bullied kid on the playground at all times and can't ever view things objectively. Other people ever giving props to a Ford = a big no no for him.

Oh, and @ Redfire acting like Sean wouldn't know the distance between the cars better than him.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
Im guessing by the go pro on stang that he didnt have a passenger correct? Stout lil V6 either way.
heh... Either it did have a passenger, or the driver has two heads.

It's easy to tell, thanks to the newly added videos.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
The camera angle from the car losing always makes the car count look way worse than the camera from the car in the lead. Nice to see 2 different perspectives.

And LOL @ all of those saying it's not impressive at all. You are comparing fords bottom of the barrel base engine in the mustang to an engine that still today is a force to be reconned with on the street....and with the mods the camaro has he should be right around 330 WHP. I find that pretty damn impressive for the mustang to hang as well as it did.....a car that can be bought for just over $20K brand new.
330whp with just a lid & cat-back, on a '99 A4. I don't think so. You guys and your wacky LS1 facts.

300-305whp is more realistic.

Originally Posted by snake95
Starting to turn? It's been a while, now. It's like he has to act like a bullied kid on the playground at all times and can't ever view things objectively. Other people ever giving props to a Ford = a big no no for him.

Oh, and @ Redfire acting like Sean wouldn't know the distance between the cars better than him.
And the obsession for Redfire begins.

Last edited by LT/LS Guy; 04-19-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

This is a good view of the distance between cars at the end of the race. I got it as close as I could after doing a little quick timing, so it may be a little off, but it's pretty close and doesn't look like 4 cars, but I'd still say ~3.
Attached Thumbnails '11 Mustang V6 vs '99 SS **gopro vids** +2 new vids-3or4.jpg  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Just to give some more perspective, it is harder to judge distance because of where the GoPro was located (allllll the way at the back, and low mounted). This was also the reason in the GoPro video, all you hear is the Mustang.

1st pic is from the video (obviously) just to show where exactly it was mounted; 2nd pic is just a pic from before we started taking video, to show another view from the GoPro.
Attached Thumbnails '11 Mustang V6 vs '99 SS **gopro vids** +2 new vids-gopro.jpg   '11 Mustang V6 vs '99 SS **gopro vids** +2 new vids-gopr0066.jpg  

Quick Reply: '11 Mustang V6 vs '99 SS **gopro vids** +2 new vids