Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Setup looks badass. The front end of the car however....

Thanks, all buisness....

If you think any of it's for looks,...you'd be wrong. The NACA ducts feed the turbos directly, the rear screens extract the hot air, the screen in front cools my bigdickplayer intercooler. The non pop up lights,.."it make me aerodynamic when I fight" (@ night..no wind flaps anymore) All buisness....

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
'Your' should actually be spelled in this case as 'you're', as it is being used as a contraction of 'you are'.
I actually really don't give a **** sweetheart. I only called you sweetheart cause, your correcting a man on his spelling, on an automotive forum, so, I am guessing your possibly female, or,...possibly homosexual. Those are the only two people i'd expect to correct me on here. If I was writing a legal document,...i'd give a ****. No disrespect dude but,..seriously need to find better things to bitch about. I'm not the type to care about something mispelled on here,..nor is it belittling to me personally.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 05-04-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Thanks, all buisness....

If you think any of it's for looks,...you'd be wrong. The NACA ducts feed the turbos directly, the rear screens extract the hot air, the screen in front cools my bigdickplayer intercooler. The non pop up lights,.."it make me aerodynamic when I fight" (@ night..no wind flaps anymore) All buisness....

I figured as much after seeing the placement of everything. It just looks off on the white.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, all buisness....

Lovin' the setup man. Very creative. Awesome!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I figured as much after seeing the placement of everything. It just looks off on the white.
Yeah, it's not for everyone.

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Lovin' the setup man. Very creative. Awesome!!!
Thank you sir-
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate C5s with non-slip up headlights. For some reason, that one actually looks good. Maybe its the angle or the color or something, but it looks good. I actually like the hood too, especially being functional.

When do we get to see it on a runway to do what it was built for?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WSsick
I hate C5s with non-slip up headlights. For some reason, that one actually looks good. Maybe its the angle or the color or something, but it looks good. I actually like the hood too, especially being functional.

When do we get to see it on a runway to do what it was built for?

Thanks. Lights went on cause the car is pretty much out only late nights. Those eyelids would only generate lift, and slow me down at speed, therefore taking away aerodynamic advantage that I started with. Had to be done, I like the look a lot since I first saw a C5R in person many years ago. Again, not for everyone. The hood is stock,..just used some ideas one day and ran with it. Wasn't worried about ruining the hood since it was already damaged from a nitrous backfire.

The car is near complete, and almost ready for some extensive tuning/logging. Both on the street, and the dyno. Soon, it will be fully operational ( ) .... sorry to say, that I have missed the boat on the South Florida standing mile events at the moment,..as we were having them all the time when my car was apart.....once it was running,...there is legal issues with the runway,...so, at the moment, they are doing 1/2 mile races on the west coast,...if I want to go full retard and go to the mile,...it looks pretty obvious that we might have to load up and head to Texas for the standing mile there.

So, it's anyones guess when it will do anything worth mentioning....trying to get the priorities correct,..trying to buy a house,..and spend less on the car. So,..we'll see.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, all buisness....

I actually really don't give a **** sweetheart. I only called you sweetheart cause, your correcting a man on his spelling, on an automotive forum, so, I am guessing your possibly female, or,...possibly homosexual. Those are the only two people i'd expect to correct me on here. If I was writing a legal document,...i'd give a ****. No disrespect dude but,..seriously need to find better things to bitch about. I'm not the type to care about something mispelled on here,..nor is it belittling to me personally.
Those heat extractors are way too far back on the hood to be effective.... At speed they are probably forcing air into the engine bay.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Launching!

They are also helping kool the superheated air entring ther manifold at speed. The interkooler plus this air over the manifold actually is a great combo. As well the added down force over the front end is a good benifit as well for keeping the car planted at the 210 mph I supect it is capable of in the standing mile.

Very nive ride and at 750 rwhp plus 3100 pounds and the .30 drag of the c5Z06 their arent many of anything that will beat it. Gonna take a mean 900 rwhp TT Viper or gallardo and even they are 300 pounds pounds heavier
Old 05-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Teching In

I only called you sweetheart cause, your correcting a man on his spelling, on an automotive forum, so, I am guessing your possibly female, or,...possibly homosexual.
Missed it again.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Killemall
Very nive ride and at 750 rwhp plus 3100 pounds and the .30 drag of the c5Z06 their arent many of anything that will beat it. Gonna take a mean 900 rwhp TT Viper or gallardo and even they are 300 pounds pounds heavier
You are going to be seriously dissapointed if you think 750rwhp is going to get you to 210mph in the standing mile. The Miami Mile is notorious for higher readings from the exact same cars that run in Texas, only to have slower times. You're going to need 900-1100rwhp to run 210mph in Texas. My c6 makes 700rwhp and has ideal gearing(non z51) for the standing mile, and it won't go over 190mph. I've attended almost every single Texas Mile event, know most if not all the 190+mile c5 and c6 cars, and have the spreadsheets from the events saved on my computer. The Texas mile is very humbling. You can't just have a nice blower/turbo setup and expect to run the times. Year after year, 700-900rwhp vettes are so dissapointed.

You should run around 190-195mph at that power level in a c5.

Good luck, though, and nice ride!

Last edited by winters97gt; 05-05-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol at mask good runs tho!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Those heat extractors are way too far back on the hood to be effective.... At speed they are probably forcing air into the engine bay.
i think your probably mistaken dude. You should probably look closer, and understand the dynamics of the kit and the platform. it works.

They are also helping kool the superheated air entring ther manifold at speed. The interkooler plus this air over the manifold actually is a great combo. As well the added down force over the front end is a good benifit as well for keeping the car planted at the 210 mph I supect it is capable of in the standing mile.

when i made 780 i beat 1 car that went over 200. it was an awesome race. I think a properly set up 800 +wheel well thought out car will do 200.00 but, people struggle making more. So many pieces to the puzzle. also, dyno numbers on a turbo car are not all that impressive...typically, they make more power on the street. But, at 780, ...it was awesome. im looking to go 220

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
Missed it again.
I'm pretty sure you are the one that's missing it.

Originally Posted by winters97gt
You are going to be seriously dissapointed if you think 750rwhp is going to get you to 210mph in the standing mile. The Miami Mile is notorious for higher readings from the exact same cars that run in Texas, only to have slower times. You're going to need 900-1100rwhp to run 210mph in Texas. My c6 makes 700rwhp and has ideal gearing(non z51) for the standing mile, and it won't go over 190mph. I've attended almost every single Texas Mile event, know most if not all the 190+mile c5 and c6 cars, and have the spreadsheets from the events saved on my computer. The Texas mile is very humbling. You can't just have a nice blower/turbo setup and expect to run the times. Year after year, 700-900rwhp vettes are so dissapointed.

You should run around 190-195mph at that power level in a c5.

Good luck, though, and nice ride!
thanks man.
I was making 780 on 11 pounds, no timing, and 5800tops rpm, on 93 and a stock ls6.
gonnanow double the boost, e85, waaaaaay more fuel delivery,moretiming...800-1000 more rpms, way better heads, way better cam, and more cubic inches. It should ride out. Hopefully. in the end, its a 200+mph car all day, that's all i care about for the most part. Thanks for the insight though
Old 05-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Very interesting indeed. I have seen the huge differance between Florida miles and texas miles as well.

Weve had some guys in stock 2008 Vipers hit 178 mph in the Florida miles. And then our guys in texas in stockers hit a max of 172 mph.

In the end over the course of a mile the Density altitude/wind/actual tempurature ect. ect ect. all play a huge roll in this. I highly doubt the florida timing system is cheating anymore than the Timers at Atco or MIR drag strips are cheating.

He's in Florida and around 800 rwhp in a car he has specifically set up for this event. Im rooting for 210 mph!

Wish they had mile events over here. Thats where the real bragging rights are and where you can see the actual gains from your modifications.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Wish they had mile events over here. Thats where the real bragging rights are and where you can see the actual gains from your modifications.
As opposed to?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

thanks man.
I was making 780 on 11 pounds, no timing, and 5800tops rpm, on 93 and a stock ls6.
gonnanow double the boost, e85, waaaaaay more fuel delivery,moretiming...800-1000 more rpms, way better heads, way better cam, and more cubic inches. It should ride out. Hopefully. in the end, its a 200+mph car all day, that's all i care about for the most part. Thanks for the insight though
Good luck. Sounds like a stout build. Make sure you hit me up or post here in the Texas Section or CorvetteForum in the southwest section if you plan on bringing the car over. I'd like to check it out and get some pics/videos of your passes. Looks like the May event is closed up, and I wouldn't want to run my car anyways in 95* humid air. October looks good though. Hopefully, you can get the car over here for October. I know finances and family takes top priority though.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Good luck. Sounds like a stout build. Make sure you hit me up or post here in the Texas Section or CorvetteForum in the southwest section if you plan on bringing the car over. I'd like to check it out and get some pics/videos of your passes. Looks like the May event is closed up, and I wouldn't want to run my car anyways in 95* humid air. October looks good though. Hopefully, you can get the car over here for October. I know finances and family takes top priority though.

Cool deal man, sounds good. I've been wanting to go there for some time,...just never been able. Maybe soon. When I do, i'll let you and a couple other locals know when we go. Like you, I don't wanna go to that kind of event in that heat either. I dunno if I could bring the car up that quick,..so many things going on, I just don't know. Anywho, i'll keep you posted, and thanks again.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very interesting indeed. I have seen the huge differance between Florida miles and texas miles as well.

Weve had some guys in stock 2008 Vipers hit 178 mph in the Florida miles. And then our guys in texas in stockers hit a max of 172 mph.

In the end over the course of a mile the Density altitude/wind/actual tempurature ect. ect ect. all play a huge roll in this. I highly doubt the florida timing system is cheating anymore than the Timers at Atco or MIR drag strips are cheating.

He's in Florida and around 800 rwhp in a car he has specifically set up for this event. Im rooting for 210 mph!

To go 210, it's gonna take more then 8bills,...nooo doubt about that. In the MILE that is. I am planning on making 4 digits though....so, we'll see. I'm trying to take what we have learned from these cars on the street,...and apply it to the mile.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 PM

**** u V TECH GTRS **** VETTES AND VETTES R ONLY BUT CRAPS IN STREETS PLASTIC SICK AND TIRED OF CORVETTE FANKIDS
PS: ZO **** ARE ALWAYS UNDER GODZILLA's WHEELS
Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 5ALED AL 7ARBI
**** u V TECH GTRS **** VETTES AND VETTES R ONLY BUT CRAPS IN STREETS PLASTIC SICK AND TIRED OF CORVETTE FANKIDS
This one has gone full retard...
Old 08-07-2012, 04:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5ALED AL 7ARBI
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
This one has gone full retard...
Most intelligent post of the year goes to....oh wait.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR