Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Charger SRT8 vs 2011 GT 5.0 (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sorry there is no way a full bolt on 5.0 is running low to mid 11s in CA. low 12s prolly but low 11s LOL
Old 04-30-2011, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
sweet video and nice car.

I would consider getting a 5.0 as a daily driver, but everyone and their granny drives a mustang. I swear they are just as common as Honda/Toyotas out here in Cali.

That abundance of them on the street kills my desire to own one. Mustangs are truly a dime a dozen.

Nice car and sweet times nontheless
I will agree they are every where. But I see just as many new camaros here. Actually more new camaro's then 5.0s right now.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
im sorry there is no way a full bolt on 5.0 is running low to mid 11s in CA. low 12s prolly but low 11s LOL
Cant say yes or no..I dont run mine in cali..I can tell you what it does in 80-110* tx heat thouigh.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by d98gt
What did you run on the video that was posted?
Just curious but have you weighed the car as well? I've always heard people say heavy but I want real numbers
He ran a 7.89@92 I ran 8.2@88, and the car belongs to StangTV.com its their project car. I have never weighed the car but i hear they are around 4100

Heres a video I took a few weeks back of a 5.0 vs a Viper ACR

The 5.0 was stock and it ran a 8.72@76
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5x5tZ1AupM

Last edited by NiteRiderWS6; 04-30-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

BAM!!! Good job.

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I will do better i will post the video where we got crazy talking **** about it to **** with the camaro ss that had headers, intake, tune and only ran 12.7s. Also video has been on here for long time. Friend posted it when first happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E

Last edited by FOG52; 04-30-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Only thing I know is people started jaw jacking to this cat that his Stang no way no how ran that time and they even tried to run him off the board. But he put up and they shut the h@%$ up.They just hatin is all. I'm a LS1 owner, but I got to give credit where credit is do. He put up the video and proved it. Nice runnin car is all I can say.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chicken Coupe
Only thing I know is people started jaw jacking to this cat that his Stang no way no how ran that time and they even tried to run him off the board. But he put up and they shut the h@%$ up.They just hatin is all. I'm a LS1 owner, but I got to give credit where credit is do. He put up the video and proved it. Nice runnin car is all I can say.
Thanks..

I could have had a camaro..Wife sells them And they sell great. Oh and her boss owns the dodge delaer ship next door also Wife has her eyes on a camaro SS convertible.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

What different about the boss intake?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
What different about the boss intake?
more air flow..Lets take redline out to 7800rpm..plus carries power all way out where stock intake drops off.

People have seen gains of 35-52 peak hp to the wheels with the boss on a both on car.

Biggest gains on the new 5.0s seem to be the tune, cat delete, and boos so far besides boost.

I have all those

Car gets dynoed monday with everything in sig.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

To the OP, I Love your Charger!! I like the Non Mainstreamness of it, If that makes sense,LoL!! You don't see to many modded SRT's running around, I know you can see them on the SRT Forums but you just dont hear of them on a regular basis. Saw a vid of a H/C Charger the other day ( I think on here ) and that **** was fast, People dont give those cars the credit they deserve, But like I said you dont see many modded so thats prolly why. Are they expensive to mod? Maybe thats why? I actually just joined the fast 4 door crowd and Im loving beating up on other wise " Better Platformed" cars. I just wore out a Few Bolt on F-Bodies and GTO's the other night, Sitting comfy in My Navi, Heated Seat, Sunroof, Brembo'd Family car with my daughter's car seat in the back,LMAO!!

OhioBorn80, Your car does seem a little freak-ish, But that doesnt mean its BS. If you do a search on here there are alot of 12 sec Stock New 5.0's. Nice car BTW and keep up the modding, looks like you got a good thing going there. Thanks for defending our Country!!

To Everyone Else. Look at the spread between LS1 F-Cars, They run anywhere from 14's to 12's stock. C5's Anywhere from High 13's to 12's stock. GTO's Anywhere from 14's to 12's stock. C5 Z06's Anywhere from 13's to High 11's stock. 03-04 Cobra's High 13's to Mid 12's. So on and So Fourth. Anyway you get my point, Every car is Different, Every Driver is Different, Every Track is Different, and the Weather Changes. Not taking any sides here but you have to consider all this and Im a GM guy, check the sig, So it sux to say but his car probably does run that.

Just a side note, Since everyone else is talking about what they run and comparing. My new toy for instance, Most Stock First Gen CTS-V's on here are running Mid 13's @ 105-107, I ran mine and turned a 12.9 @ 112 with a CAI and Muff Delete, Why such a Difference? I know my Air Intake didnt make the 5-7 mph Difference in Trap Speed. Prolly just a Driver or Weather thing. It doesnt mean Im BS-ing, Just means all the aspects of the situation are Different and Fluctuate.

Ok Im done Sorry for the
Old 04-30-2011, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

LS1ified have you seen Livernois newest CTS-V? That thing is nasty..660whp ran a 10.7 off idle..Never got to stall it up cause got booted off track. It is pretty nasty..And as you mention still heated seats, nav luxury all around, etc etc.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

LS1ified have you seen Livernois newest CTS-V? That thing is nasty..660whp ran a 10.7 off idle..Never got to stall it up cause got booted off track. It is pretty nasty..And as you mention still heated seats, nav luxury all around, etc etc.
Yeah I saw it, Bitch is Bad!! Unfortunately I dont have the Supercharged 556HP V. I have the 405HP LS6 First Gen V, Not the fastest thing on the block, But its still fun and qwik for a Sedan.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry you picked wrong piece of **** to mod and its still slow.
I thought LS1's were still a good performance bargain to mod? Guess I was wrong
College has its benefits and its cons. Wife has one them fancy college degrees..She makes less then me.
You are one of the few then who manage that. I'll be pissed if I'm not making $55-$70k my first year out and be doing easy 6 figures within 5 years for the average person in my intended field

However, thank you for serving our country, soldier!

My best friend from high school is a PFC E3 currently in Fort Benning, GA, waiting to be deployed. He'll be coming back for leave for my 21st birthday these next few weeks before he gets shipped out
Originally Posted by WSsick
I find it funny when people try to downplay the importance of a college education these days. Seems to happen a lot with people that sucked at school and think $20,000 now is a ton of money when living at home. Let's see how that works out for ya in 20 years.
Agreed 100% - I try to avoid the street scene down here because most of them are Honda owners who work basic $9-$11/hr jobs and Autozone, etc and actually try to insult me by calling me "college boy" (as if that is an insult - LOL) and just generally start trouble and like to pound their chests.

Also hate the countless amounts of kids who work those same jobs, live at home still, and brag about how they own all this nice ****. "Damn man, I'mma get so many girls with this new E46 M3" lol
really my point is a college degree isnt what it used to be. Say 10 yrs ago.

Then get a job contracting make easy 6 figures. Do that for few yrs and stop working period.

Know a lot guys that do it. Most guys do it 2-3 yrs then come home and do **** for rest of the time cause they save almost half million in that 3 yrs.
I'd say college degrees are still valuable. Just with an economy like this students have to work much harder to stand out from the crowd and be competitive for those good jobs.

Contracting is where all of the money is made in the forces it seems like. They do pretty well! My only question is, who the hell can retire on $500k? I think I'd need $4 million at least to do it with the same standard of living now

OP, I'd recommend Nittos for street tires but getting some nice drag wheels and DOT slicks or ET Street Radials on there. Hell my slow bolt-on LT1 was cutting 1.7 60's on stock 17x9" wheels with some old Mickey DR's on them
Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I thought LS1's were still a good performance bargain to mod? Guess I was wrong

You are one of the few then who manage that. I'll be pissed if I'm not making $55-$70k my first year out and be doing easy 6 figures within 5 years for the average person in my intended field

However, thank you for serving our country, soldier!

My best friend from high school is a PFC E3 currently in Fort Benning, GA, waiting to be deployed. He'll be coming back for leave for my 21st birthday these next few weeks before he gets shipped out

Agreed 100% - I try to avoid the street scene down here because most of them are Honda owners who work basic $9-$11/hr jobs and Autozone, etc and actually try to insult me by calling me "college boy" (as if that is an insult - LOL) and just generally start trouble and like to pound their chests.

Also hate the countless amounts of kids who work those same jobs, live at home still, and brag about how they own all this nice ****. "Damn man, I'mma get so many girls with this new E46 M3" lol

I'd say college degrees are still valuable. Just with an economy like this students have to work much harder to stand out from the crowd and be competitive for those good jobs.

Contracting is where all of the money is made in the forces it seems like. They do pretty well! My only question is, who the hell can retire on $500k? I think I'd need $4 million at least to do it with the same standard of living now

OP, I'd recommend Nittos for street tires but getting some nice drag wheels and DOT slicks or ET Street Radials on there. Hell my slow bolt-on LT1 was cutting 1.7 60's on stock 17x9" wheels with some old Mickey DR's on them
500k invested right is enough to retire on. and everything is already paid off...but have to remember wife works also. And she is almsot finished with her second degree. I wish she would hurry. Medical field pays so much better...lol..

Congrats to your friend. Benning is getting huge with the movement of armor there and ordinance there.

I will agree the economy dont help **** right now. Probably reason retention is booming right now.

Oh you can do so much better then a M3...Least get the M5...lol

Last edited by ohioborn80; 05-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1iFiEd
Yeah I saw it, Bitch is Bad!! Unfortunately I dont have the Supercharged 556HP V. I have the 405HP LS6 First Gen V, Not the fastest thing on the block, But its still fun and qwik for a Sedan.
Those are nice also...They can get pretty nasty. Guy here has one that is supercharged and everything..
Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Ohioborn what track have you been running at.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FOG52
Ohioborn what track have you been running at.
Mainly Little River Academy dragway..Worse track in TX. lol....Did run once at SAR..

Buddy just ran 11.6 with bolt ons at SAR with a DA of 2450..Corrected time is 11.2...Not bad i think with such crappy DA
Old 05-01-2011, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Mainly Little River Academy dragway..Worse track in TX. lol....Did run once at SAR..

Buddy just ran 11.6 with bolt ons at SAR with a DA of 2450..Corrected time is 11.2...Not bad i think with such crappy DA
Isn't SAR the San Antonio track?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FOG52
Isn't SAR the San Antonio track?
Yes San Antonio Race way...
Old 05-01-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

500k invested right is enough to retire on. and everything is already paid off...but have to remember wife works also. And she is almsot finished with her second degree. I wish she would hurry. Medical field pays so much better...lol..

Congrats to your friend. Benning is getting huge with the movement of armor there and ordinance there.

I will agree the economy dont help **** right now. Probably reason retention is booming right now.

Oh you can do so much better then a M3...Least get the M5...lol
Hmm, I guess social security would add a lot if it is still around by the time my young *** retires. I just kind of figure it won't be there, fully contribute to my Roth IRA annually, and invest other money on the side with a program I developed with a professor. If it is there, more power to me. The medical field does pay a lot better usually.

Hopefully all is well with him. He is saying he wants to train for Ranger school I guess but we'll see what happens.

Lol and I'm generally not a huge fan of BMW's. Driven/ridden in newer M3's, M5's, 750i's, etc. and just haven't really found the reason to dish out the extra coin for them. I think they are overrated. I'm pretty frugal as it is. Give me a truck to tow a camper and boat or jetskiis, a C5, a C6Z or GS, and a pretty nice house and I'll be happy for life. haha