Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Charger SRT8 vs 2011 GT 5.0 (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129
Watching a lot of cars being built doesnt make you a mechanic. I watch a lot of ****, it doesnt mean I **** tons of girls.
HAHAHAH O my god I'm about to put that in my sig. That's hilarious
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Funny only ones whining is you few little bitches.

You drive 5.0 i know its faster but if i have h/c/i i can hang, i dont like that you say your car is faster. I hate you love your car. BLAH BLAH...
I can't speak for everyone else, but YOU bother me, not what you drive. I wouldn't all of the sudden like you if you drove a 5th gen SS, because you are still the same douche. You'd probably be on SVTP whoring up their threads about your Camaro.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss1129
His so ******* dumb the point of my post went right over his head.

Wow daddy has car friends...that makes you special. Watching a lot of cars being built doesnt make you a mechanic. I watch a lot of ****, it doesnt mean I **** tons of girls.
That is because you are watching gay ****.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FOG52
That is because you are watching gay ****.

FOG52

Defender of The Stang 3.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
There are no SRT8s that will drag a 5.0 so whats your point? it goes both ways
W3Rd
Old 05-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
eww i dont know who to respond back to first.

Lets see. There is a lot of mustangs out there. There would be camaros also but they stop making it. Probably cause ford was kicking there *** with the Termi cobra's. Then they went broke and we had to bail them out cause no one wanted there **** cars. Oh but we have a vett..That didnt help stay out of bankruptcy

Also i mnade mistake and read something wrong. Get over it. It happens. Your retarded to say you have never did it. Same thing with grammar and ****. If you have enough time to correct every ones on here then maybe you need a life. This is a ******* forum not a spelling/writing contest.

And you LS guys cry lile some bitches. For real worse then kids. Well you mustang fast but it cant beat a vette. Well i hope it wouldn't being the ZO6 or the engine with hot cams in it. Well wow lets hope a 75k car beats a 38k tops car. When both was met to be fast. BUt my car i dropped 10k in will be it. WOW really. im at total of about $3200 with everything i have done..and car will run easy mid 11s and will touch low 11s high 10s this spring when i get home. Oh and do it all N/A. Yep no camaro will be doing that.

Then on to the hing. Why would i want to be a marine..That is just stupid. They get old equipment. The Army has the Stealth bomber best tanks, best helicopters. Not even the AF can say has the stealth bomber.

And yep i am a car guy. Been in and help work on faster cars then probably 99% of you. Been able to meet some big names out there cause of family friends and dad what not. I do all my own work on car when home. Least what i can do. Yep there is some stuff i get help on.
I have probably watch more 7 sec cars be built in garage at home then most yall seen. I guess its a advantage that your dad has some great friends.

Oh well i am done here. Yall have fun hating on the mustang. For yall LS engines being so bad *** and so many yall not caring you are the ones that made all these threads so long. Have to say well the 5.0 fast but i can build this and it be faster. Well i can buy a new mustang and **** up new camaro's. And that what i bought it for.
Its pretty cool that the 2011 5.0 can hold its own with a 2005 GTO LOTS of GTOS running 11.6-11.9s with headers only. Seeing how the mustang essentially has factory headers the motors really arent any better. Swapping cams on a 5.0 is really pricey compared to a easy swap of a single cam on a LSX car. Heads are already so efficient on the 5.0 so I doubt adding heds would do all that much where a LSx car gets big gains from them. Intake manifolf same thing. H/C/I LSx cars can pretty easily make 500+ WHP. I am betting it will take a lot of work and $$ to get the 5.0 to achieve this without a blower. Adding blowers doesnt change anything either. so like I said they FINALLY caught up, big deal. Dont get your head too blown up. I wouldnt get quite so cocky about the Stangs. Awsome what they are doing and its great for car ENTHUSIASTS bottom line. Competition is great. If ford had pulled their head out of their asses 30-40+ years ago imagine what these pony cars would be running today ..... Fact is they JUST caught up. Little faster then the Camaro which will likely change by next year and is as fast as a 05 LS2 .......

As others have said I wouldnt want one just because they are EVERYWHERE. Between the V6s, GTs and 5.0s they are a dime a dozen. Lambos wouldnt be special if they were 20% of the cars on the road either. too much of anything is not a good thing.... They still deserve credit with what they finally did.

Last edited by dlively11; 05-06-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dlively11
Its pretty cool that the 2011 5.0 can hold its own with a 2005 GTO LOTS of GTOS running 11.6-11.9s with headers only. Seeing how the mustang essentially has factory headers the motors really arent any better. Swapping cams on a 5.0 is really pricey compared to a easy swap of a single cam on a LSX car. Heads are already so efficient on the 5.0 so I doubt adding heds would do all that much where a LSx car gets big gains from them. Intake manifolf same thing. H/C/I LSx cars can pretty easily make 500+ WHP. I am betting it will take a lot of work and $$ to get the 5.0 to achieve this without a blower. Adding blowers doesnt change anything either. so like I said they FINALLY caught up, big deal. Dont get your head too blown up. I wouldnt get quite so cocky about the Stangs. Awsome what they are doing and its great for car ENTHUSIASTS bottom line. Competition is great. If ford had pulled their head out of their asses 30-40+ years ago imagine what these pony cars would be running today ..... Fact is they JUST caught up. Little faster then the Camaro which will likely change by next year and is as fast as a 05 LS2 .......

As others have said I wouldnt want one just because they are EVERYWHERE. Between the V6s, GTs and 5.0s they are a dime a dozen. Lambos wouldnt be special if they were 20% of the cars on the road either. too much of anything is not a good thing.... They still deserve credit with what they finally did.
This post is FULL of "win" and while I think "Ohio" has gone way overboard, you show a severe lack of knowledge about the Mustang itself, not to mention the 5L engine...
Old 05-07-2011, 06:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Camaros are every where any more also. I seen just as many new camaro's as new mustangs. If chevy would have kept making camaros instead of stopping it would be worse.

And GTO's running mid 11s with headers only? Funny all ones seen posted have H/C/I.

I will agree we will not see a bunch of 500whp 5.0's as that cams are $800-$1500. Then labor of least $1000 and then tuning least $400. Thats a down side to have 4 cams. You are almost to a centri blower. And with blowers they are running 10s easy and some have been going 9s with PD blowers even easier.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would you base your car purchase off of what other people have? That's seriously the stupidest thing ever. Do you live your life to impress others? You should buy what you feel is the best product for you and your needs and wants. Be a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Its pretty cool that the 2011 5.0 can hold its own with a 2005 GTO LOTS of GTOS running 11.6-11.9s with headers only. t they finally did.
No, not headers only. 5.0 > GTO. Sorry, that's just how it is now.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Damn you are trying SO HARD! Scraping the bottom of the bowl there huh?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Why would you base your car purchase off of what other people have? That's seriously the stupidest thing ever. Do you live your life to impress others? You should buy what you feel is the best product for you and your needs and wants. Be a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc.
I think i can agree with you on this one. Drive what you want and **** what every one else thinks.