Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sleeper had some cooked rice for breakfast

Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sleeper had some cooked rice for breakfast

*this has nothing to do with the race, just a little backround info about my car and the car i raced, skip down below to the race if you just want to know what happend.

So back in 2004 i was looking to buy a new car, I looked at the evos, sti's, gto, and the 350z. I almost bought a 2004 yellow goat, but i decided i really liked the look of the rx8 (yea I know :/) so i ended up buying a sunlight silver gt rx8, i was impressed with the handling and up to that point it was the fastest car i had driven (keep in mind i was only about 21). So i had alot of problems with the car, transmission(s), clutches, the car was also stolen from the dealership while i was having work done on it. long story short, i have alot of hatred toward these cars, and the retarded rotary motor...dont get me started on that So i eventually got rid of that POS and got myself an 88 trans am gta with an ls1/t56 swap, I eventually put a 9" under it, gears, full bolt ons, and a gt2-3 cam.

*Sooo this morning i was headed to work in my trans am (88 gta ls1), i was about 45 min into my drive, and it was about 6 am, I pulled onto the on ramp and merged into a lane on the 2 lane highway. I saw a car up ahead stuck behind a truck, so i got right up to them and noticed it was a black gt rx8. I was in the other lane, and the car in front of the 8 got over and let him by, he got on it, at that point i followed him, i got into the right lane right next to him, pulled up to his fender, checking out his car, the driver was a mid 20's guy with (what looked to be) his GF. I kept looking over and he wouldnt look at me. Has started fading back, I was going about 60-70mph, just then i hear what sounded like a wead wacker in my back seat, sure enough the rx8 was attempting a ricer flyby, as soon as i heard his motor i dropped down into 4th, by the time i got into the gear he was a car ahead of me, I passed him like he threw it into reverse, put about 2-3 cars on him and hit the brakes (not sure how fast i was going) he caught up to me and slowed down and stayed a little behind me, then my exit came, and niether of them would look at me, i gave them a friendly wave and headed to work.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick little run. Isn't it weird when you come across a car you used to own and then give it a go. I wish I could say "I used to own one of those with a blah, blah, blah" just to start up conversation. Always feels good to know that you are moving up to faster cars too and also humbling to know that's where you were before.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story man. Lots of irony. Nice bitch smack to the ricer flyby too LOL
Old 05-11-2011, 06:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its kinda a double edged sword having a sleeper, i get alot of ricers and slower cars wanting to run me, but the faster or newer cars wont even look at me. im 10x more likely to have an 80s camaro run me than a new 5.0 or vette, but if i was driving an 02 ws6, the 80's camaro wouldnt even think about it and id have the newer cars wanting to run me.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Tru dat... But when u walk a new 5.0 the look on their face would have to be priceless
Old 05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by impulsegoat
Tru dat... But when u walk a new 5.0 the look on their face would have to be priceless
cant wait for that to happen . i know someone with a 2011, but he wont run me....he says when he does some "mods"
Old 05-12-2011, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

nice story.im building a 87 t/a with a stock ls1/t56 right now.i kinda like knowing it will be a pos sleeper compared to my old sbc 383 with big cam.i would have to egg alot of newer cars on for a race...imports were always chasing me down for rapeage.

now i plan to be semi quiet and blow some doors off for that :O look when those new 5.0s float around here more.

got future mods for that bird? i got long tubes,afr heads,tsp 228r cam,stage 2 t56 build and fast 102 for my phase 2 over the winter.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

Im starting to miss my old 91RS Camaro. I shouldve just did the damn engine swap. I loved virtually everything about that car other than it had no ballz. Instead i drive a black catfish.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redbull87
nice story.im building a 87 t/a with a stock ls1/t56 right now.i kinda like knowing it will be a pos sleeper compared to my old sbc 383 with big cam.i would have to egg alot of newer cars on for a race...imports were always chasing me down for rapeage.

now i plan to be semi quiet and blow some doors off for that :O look when those new 5.0s float around here more.

got future mods for that bird? i got long tubes,afr heads,tsp 228r cam,stage 2 t56 build and fast 102 for my phase 2 over the winter.
YES, future mods , i have a radix magnacharger (innercooled), 90mm tb, 2.9 pulley, Racetronix fuel pump, 60# injectors, and an LPE blower cam (already installed). if you go to www.speartech.com and check out their company project cars, phase 2 91 z28, its the same build im doing.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill man

Search this Thread