Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

All Bark no Bite mustang...typical

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
I actually like the new 5.0's. The old ones (GT's) were just butt ugly and horrible performance wise for an 8 cylinder sports car back in the day.(1994-2004)
The SVT's were , thats the lone exception with the Mach.

I checked out the interior yesterday at a local performance shop in my area while getting routine maintenance stuff done to my car after work. I like it.

I eventually want to garage the WS6 and get an 09+ CTS V though. That car is everything from daily driver creature comfort cloud on wheels to BEAST MODE when needed.
Agree the older mustangs was slow as ****. I had a 97 cobra with x pipe, 4.10s, cold air, tune and my buddies 00' WS6 used to rape the **** out of it. Another buddies 99' TA used to kill me as well. They had same mods basically i did.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
If it makes you that upset then stay out the fuc*ing thread. Or go chill with the stang guys if it makes you feel better. Its your choice.
really then newbi? Why not take your slow *** car and go race in traffic ya fruitcake. No one cares about your oppinion or what you want. My car is an f-body but it pains me to know that stupid *** hats like yourself are a fellow owner and have no clue or class!! You wana talk like a big boy but act like a little girl..
Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Teching In

To the OP..Nice Kill, man.
I do agree that the Sn95 GTs would need some work to hang with an LS1. However, it does not mean that there are none out there. Mustangs can be modded for a pretty reasonable price which makes it appealing for a gear head with NOT a lot of cash.

As for the F-Body, LS1 comments, I had a 2001 Z28, LS1, Blue Metailic and loved it. The Z was nice looking with a comfortable interior and good looking dash. the motor also pulled pretty damn hard. I will say that I did baby the car on launches for fear of the rear exploding. Seen it too many times. Besides that, I could not complain about that car at all!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Ur a douche lol. Your on a gm site talking **** on gm... And your car must have been a pile of **** or maybe it had 200k? No need to get pissy with gm cuz you drive like **** and break cars. Your a tard for thinking you can run 10's daily and not break **** . I usually don't even post here because of all the worthless **** that gets said by douchebags like you and stopsign, but really with your worthless info. Plenty of people run these cars for long periods with high hp fine.
Really another newbie trying to tell me about my car!! Wow the quality of the newbie’s in here just keep getting better and better. This post alone shows you know nothing about what you’re talking about. When you break out of the 12's you let me know big guy!! learn to comprehend what you are reading it will benefit you in the future!!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Im out of the 12's and I will sure let you know your a douche. You were bassicly saying f-bodies are made of ****. You don't expect to **** people of with that? You can't expect to run 10's and not break things sometimes. You put a mustang in the 10's it will start breaking things too.
I said the engines are sound but the rest of the car is a piece of ****. I love my camaro but had to spend a boat load of money to get it to handle the power of the stock bottom end LS1. Why put these weak *** transmissions and rear-ends on a car that can make the power these engines can make. I got tired of rebuilding my 4L60E and put in a th350, also put the strange 12-bolt on my car. In stock form these cars run very well but when you start doing any mods to them they don't hold up worth a **** and it seems like every piece of plastic on these cars comes loose and rattles in just a short period. They could have at least put drive train parts on this car you could beef up to hold at least a little more than stock power. I'm in no way bias to any model of cars and I call it like I see it. I wanted a fast car so I bought the F-body but if I had it all to do over again I’m not sure I would have bought the same car for racing.. The new 2011 Mustangs are running 10's with completely stock drive trains and seem to be holding the power pretty well. I also know of a few SRT8's Challengers and chargers that are in the 10's on completely stock drive trains. Just saying..

BTW off topic: If you change to a PTC 4000 or 4400 stall you could probably shave a couple of tenths off your time..
Old 05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
I actually like the new 5.0's. The old ones (GT's) were just butt ugly and horrible performance wise for an 8 cylinder sports car back in the day.(1994-2004)
The SVT's were , thats the lone exception with the Mach.

I checked out the interior yesterday at a local performance shop in my area while getting routine maintenance stuff done to my car after work. I like it.

I eventually want to garage the WS6 and get an 09+ CTS V though. That car is everything from daily driver creature comfort cloud on wheels to BEAST MODE when needed.
Good kill!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by odarabla
I said the engines are sound but the rest of the car is a piece of ****. I love my camaro but had to spend a boat load of money to get it to handle the power of the stock bottom end LS1. Why put these weak *** transmissions and rear-ends on a car that can make the power these engines can make. I got tired of rebuilding my 4L60E and put in a th350, also put the strange 12-bolt on my car. In stock form these cars run very well but when you start doing any mods to them they don't hold up worth a **** and it seems like every piece of plastic on these cars comes loose and rattles in just a short period. They could have at least put drive train parts on this car you could beef up to hold at least a little more than stock power. I'm in no way bias to any model of cars and I call it like I see it. I wanted a fast car so I bought the F-body but if I had it all to do over again I’m not sure I would have bought the same car for racing.. The new 2011 Mustangs are running 10's with completely stock drive trains and seem to be holding the power pretty well. I also know of a few SRT8's Challengers and chargers that are in the 10's on completely stock drive trains. Just saying..

BTW off topic: If you change to a PTC 4000 or 4400 stall you could probably shave a couple of tenths off your time..

Really? The new 5.0 can take it? There are 2 different people in my area with broke trannies STILL in the shop. And FORD is not wanting to fix them. Not to mention the guy on here who has a broke tranny with 5k on his new 5.0 and they won't warranty because they know he raced it before. Not backing your product after 5k is a ***** move if you ask me.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I disagree with the comments about being able to go faster in a mustang for less money comment. Yes, they are lighter and in my opinion the interior is of slightly better quality. Yes, they do have a stronger rear. When it comes to making power motor wise you are going to have to spend some money on the 5.0. Your going to spend more with the 4.6 just to run with a cam only and bolt on ls1. My 6 speed 2000 SS with 3.73's, lid and a hypercrap tune had no problem hanging right next to a built hatchback 5.0. I ended up talking to him later and he had a cam, heads, intake, injectors, headers, clutch, gears, fuel pump, maf, and tb. He asked what I had done and when I told him lid, gears, and hypercrap he couldn't belief it. I raped another 5.0 gt that had all kinds of ford motorsports crap on it and when we talked he was convinced I had nitrous. I think in the end you come out about the same to go just as fast in either car. If your a do it yourself guy then I can see a bigger cost gap between the two with the edge going to the mustang hands down. There is a reason why guys are swapping ls motors into mustangs.

Last edited by sheikss; 05-14-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

I know where you're comiing from odarabla. For the 3yrs my wife had her z28 I had to replace 1 window motor, 1 tranny mount, 1 starter relay, 2 ignition relays, and 1 COP. Sold the car and it had less than 44k miles on it. It was an 01' (A4).

So having OWNED and drove both with an unbiased opinion my mustang had better quality all around but a weaker motor.

Actually sold it to a member on here.....then he wrapped it around a pole doing over 65 in a sharp corner.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Really? The new 5.0 can take it? There are 2 different people in my area with broke trannies STILL in the shop. And FORD is not wanting to fix them. Not to mention the guy on here who has a broke tranny with 5k on his new 5.0 and they won't warranty because they know he raced it before. Not backing your product after 5k is a ***** move if you ask me.
Gm isn't any better when it comes to warranty work. I only speak on my experiances with them.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I know where you're comiing from odarabla. For the 3yrs my wife had her z28 I had to replace 1 window motor, 1 tranny mount, 1 starter relay, 2 ignition relays, and 1 COP. Sold the car and it had less than 44k miles on it. It was an 01' (A4).

So having OWNED and drove both with an unbiased opinion my mustang had better quality all around but a weaker motor.

Actually sold it to a member on here.....then he wrapped it around a pole doing over 65 in a sharp corner.
I had a buddy with a sn95 gt. It had 247,000 miles on it and all he did was oil changes. They only thing I remember going wrong on it was the harmonic balancer went to **** and he had to replace it. He drove the car hard all the time.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

LuLz at the LSX owners blaming the Mustang owners for them arguing with each other
Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

^^ I agree with him on the tranny and rear - GM was stupid in that respect. Motor is BEAST though.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I swear this section of the site has slid downhill. Good kill.

Seems like these days no one in a ******* GM product can even race a slow *** n/a 2v without getting ragged on by the same couple bleeding vaginas looking to start a 20 page flame war out of boredom.

I'm sure everyone here knew what he meant by the title and the post. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but around here it's extremely common for 2v GTs to be both the loudest most obnoxious revving at everything 14-15 second cars on the road. For every dozen of those, there might be one that has some decent boltons done that can run with a lid/catback ls1 car.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really another newbie trying to tell me about my car!! Wow the quality of the newbie’s in here just keep getting better and better. This post alone shows you know nothing about what you’re talking about. When you break out of the 12's you let me know big guy!! learn to comprehend what you are reading it will benefit you in the future!!
You're starting to sound like one of those immature "asshats" that posts on youtube and gets into a war of words that goes from talking about the video to all out racism, lol.

Take that newbie
Old 05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
He was pulling a little bit when you punched it in 2nd but then at the end of 2nd you was 2 cars on him...You must have a super long 2nd gear.

Either way good kill.
That's what I was thinking!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
That's what I was thinking!
Pretty much it seemed like he ran out of first gear quick and then by the time he was shifting and I was shifting into third it was about 2 cars.

I have no reason to make this up, lol, its a 2V for christ sake. Would barely consider it a kill, just entertaining after the idiot kept revving his engine as we all were slowing down at the next light.

This thread has gotten waaaay of topic as usual.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM
***Repost Police***

Good kill, but I definitely don't think SN95 GTs are ugly.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I think it is all on what dealer you take to. Same issue had with issues on my G8. The dealer here fixed my tranny when it broke in my 5.0. I had cold air/tune/off road x pipe/4.10 gears/and some suspension work. They knew i raced mine also cause i raced one the guys that worked there in his stock 08 gt500 and beat him. One the guys also seen me at the track and mentioned it in front the Service manager.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

:b s:

People like you make me

Just because you beat that Mustang it makes them all a pile or a dog? You have no clue about cars do you? You beat the car, good for you but the name calling is a little disgraceful and makes me ashamed to be associated with people like you!

Any car can be made fast if you have the $$ To spend!!

Let me pop your bubble for a second. The F-body car is a expensive piece of crap. With the exception of the engines you have to replace every damn part (transmission, rear end, etc) to hold any kind of power. As soon as I did H/C/I on my 2002 Camaro Z28 within 2 weeks the transmission blew up and then a month after that the rear-end exploded!! The drive train parts on these cars are Hugh piles of ****!! I had to pay big $$$$$ to make my combination work. It is my opinion after all my experience with cars that the Mustang is a better platform to build on than the F-body. I could have built an SN95 to go faster for less $$$

But really....

Quick Reply: All Bark no Bite mustang...typical