Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^yeah pretty much lol.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Teching In

what get's my blood pumping is that I want to try one of them in n out burger's i hear they are the best!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:14 PM
***Repost Police***

In n Out is the ****... I had one in LA a few years back. If we get a Fatburger here, it's gonna be OVER!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
Heading back home from In N Out Burger. Making a left and outta nowhere a newer model Mitsubishi Evo is on my ***. Then this red early 2000's body style GT mustang comes roaring by both of us in the outer right lane.

Now I am not one to race on the street, even if there isn't any traffic but for some reason I couldnt resist. Its Friday, I have my IN N OUT Burger bagged up for dinner...and I was feeling good. LOL.

The Mustang started reving his engine while we all slowed down and the next light turned green, i was in second gear and punched it, I think he was in first he pulled for a little but at the end of 2nd gear I had at least 2 cars on him. He then turned left at the next light as I was pulling away transitioning into third gear. Funny thing is the EVO paced me after that but he didn't get next to me, as if he was unsure to race or was just scared...lol which I doubt.

Bottom line at the end of that brief encounter is that his car sounded really good like a lot of mustangs but it was a dog...I'm sorry,lol. Those SN 95 and early 2000 GT mustangs are piles. The SVT Termi Cobra is a beast and I respect that car greatly performance wise.

My car is a 6spd 2002 WS6 with a catback and lid btw.
Sounds like he ran it through one gear and made a left hand turn? Was he still WOT while making the left hand turn Fast and Furious drift style? Also, no honks? You just punched it as he rev'd at you? Either way good kill. << see what i did there!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Never said it best car ever. Best engine in a mustang GT ya it is.

I didnt lose the battle..Just seen they are to blind with there LS1's. Its actually pretty funny they compare their H/C/I to a stock 5.0..or even a 5.0 with some simple bolt ons.
Or the Ford guys comparing 2011 technology vs. 1997 technology...

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Agree the older mustangs was slow as ****. I had a 97 cobra with x pipe, 4.10s, cold air, tune and my buddies 00' WS6 used to rape the **** out of it. Another buddies 99' TA used to kill me as well. They had same mods basically i did.
Now we know why you're so excited about beating LS1's after the use to gang bang you lol.

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I swear this section of the site has slid downhill. Good kill.

Seems like these days no one in a ******* GM product can even race a slow *** n/a 2v without getting ragged on by the same couple bleeding vaginas looking to start a 20 page flame war out of boredom.

I'm sure everyone here knew what he meant by the title and the post. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but around here it's extremely common for 2v GTs to be both the loudest most obnoxious revving at everything 14-15 second cars on the road. For every dozen of those, there might be one that has some decent boltons done that can run with a lid/catback ls1 car.
Same here, more respect for the fox body 5.0's than the 2V's
Old 05-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Good kill OP, I love WS6's. The title makes you sound like a giant, arrogant douche, though. The irony is that by making a title like that, you feed into the "typical" Fbody owner stereotype that thinks their **** doesn't stink.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, entertaining kill, but I would be hesitant to do a race under the influence of In and Out Burger. Dangerous stuff, especially at full throttle. You're best served by going with White Castle. Much more consistent performance.

Originally Posted by odarabla
I said the engines are sound but the rest of the car is a piece of ****. I love my camaro but had to spend a boat load of money to get it to handle the power of the stock bottom end LS1. Why put these weak *** transmissions and rear-ends on a car that can make the power these engines can make. I got tired of rebuilding my 4L60E and put in a th350, also put the strange 12-bolt on my car.
Alas my friend, that depends on the year your F-Body was made. Mine was the exact opposite: decently strong drive train (8.5" 10-bolt and TH350 coupled to a boat anchor engine - 190 HP? ). But, think of the money I saved on insurance. Even the Geico Gecko laughs when someone suggests a stock 1981 Trans Am is a performance car. However, it does weigh in below 3000 pounds (non-AC car, 'glass this and that, LS1, aluminum front end structure, Wilwood brakes, etc, etc), so not all is lost.

Originally Posted by odarabla
The new 2011 Mustangs are running 10's with completely stock drive trains and seem to be holding the power pretty well. I also know of a few SRT8's Challengers and chargers that are in the 10's on completely stock drive trains. Just saying.
I'm with you for the most part on this, since I've not seen a '11 Mustang in full battle action yet, but I've heard lots about them. However, something HAS to be changed or added in order to push a stock Charger or Challenger into the 10s (even with a 1/4 mile cliff handy).
Old 05-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by z99ls1
If you don't take it seriously maybe you shouldn't spend half your life on here
I spend 12 hours a day on here? Don't think so pumpkin!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah pretty much, lol. Oh wait your Acura must be stock right?? yeah must be a pile too

There are other cars out there stock I wouldn't consider piles. Its not a general rule of thumb, only applies to those specific mustangs....and your car.
My car is faster than your car! Nanner nanner nanner
Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
My car is faster than your car! Nanner nanner nanner
Ha! My bone stock 1999 Montana has you all beat! Especially when I add the ton of concrete block and take it the the grand canyon.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Sounds like he ran it through one gear and made a left hand turn? Was he still WOT while making the left hand turn Fast and Furious drift style? Also, no honks? You just punched it as he rev'd at you? Either way good kill. << see what i did there!
your retarded, should i create cliff notes for you???

"obnoxious mustang owner revving his engine after doing ricer fly by then gets his *** handed to him by an F -Body owner who's **** doesnt stink"<<<<see what I did there
Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Wow man..can't understand all the hostility...
No one is denying that LSx "anthing" is a great motor, OP. They do make good power NA. No doubt. It is just how you came across with the title and the generalization that all Mustangs are a "pile". In addition, people are just questioning your race because it was short with inconsistent facts, and the Mustang was turning. Most guys on this site are pretty sharp and pick up flaws in stories pretty quickly. I think you're getting bent out of shape for the wrong reasons, man....however, carry on if you must.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Wow man..can't understand all the hostility...
No one is denying that LSx "anthing" is a great motor, OP. They do make good power NA. No doubt. It is just how you came across with the title and the generalization that all Mustangs are a "pile". In addition, people are just questioning your race because it was short with inconsistent facts, and the Mustang was turning. Most guys on this site are pretty sharp and pick up flaws in stories pretty quickly. I think you're getting bent out of shape for the wrong reasons, man....however, carry on if you must.
^^^^agree. whats with all the bad posts about the tranny's in the F-body's? Well yea maybe the 4l60E's but DEFINETLEY not the T56's. be specific when you say tranny's
Old 05-15-2011, 12:56 AM
11 Second Club

<--- its 1:51am EST. (ironic I know) and I'm on my 4th rum and diet coke, but I think LSx owners are A. more cocky, B. don't know **** about Ford, and C. would pass a ford car on the side of the road rather than that stop and help him. You fucktards give GM a bad name.

We're all gearheads so pull the LSx blinders off your eyes. Yes the LSx is a great motor, makes more power than a n/a 4.6, but to completely turn your head when there is a few guys that can beat a ls1 with a square motor gets under my skin. Are you guys that brand loyal (aka stupid)?

Man, I'm gonna be hungover tomorrow.

-Mark
Old 05-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SStheBest
^^^^agree. whats with all the bad posts about the tranny's in the F-body's? Well yea maybe the 4l60E's but DEFINETLEY not the T56's. be specific when you say tranny's
Look man, in my experience all tranny's suck. kinda par for the course I thought. That's why I prefer to row my own stick myself.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sheikss
I disagree with the comments about being able to go faster in a mustang for less money comment. Yes, they are lighter and in my opinion the interior is of slightly better quality. Yes, they do have a stronger rear. When it comes to making power motor wise you are going to have to spend some money on the 5.0. Your going to spend more with the 4.6 just to run with a cam only and bolt on ls1. My 6 speed 2000 SS with 3.73's, lid and a hypercrap tune had no problem hanging right next to a built hatchback 5.0. I ended up talking to him later and he had a cam, heads, intake, injectors, headers, clutch, gears, fuel pump, maf, and tb. He asked what I had done and when I told him lid, gears, and hypercrap he couldn't belief it. I raped another 5.0 gt that had all kinds of ford motorsports crap on it and when we talked he was convinced I had nitrous. I think in the end you come out about the same to go just as fast in either car. If your a do it yourself guy then I can see a bigger cost gap between the two with the edge going to the mustang hands down. There is a reason why guys are swapping ls motors into mustangs.

Thats why you take a LS1-LS2-LS3 etc and put it in the SN-95 or one of the other mustang bodies you like. Then you'll have the best of both worlds. I've worked on both Ford Modular engine and GM's LSX engines and I must say I would rather work on the Chevy than that mod motor.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:22 AM
10 Second Club

You're starting to sound like one of those immature "asshats" that posts on youtube and gets into a war of words that goes from talking about the video to all out racism, lol.

Take that newbie
I don't go on youtube so I don't really understand that comment but o.k.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
good kill op, i love ws6's. The title makes you sound like a giant, arrogant douche, though. The irony is that by making a title like that, you feed into the "typical" fbody owner stereotype that thinks their **** doesn't stink.
^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Look man, in my experience all tranny's suck. kinda par for the course I thought. That's why I prefer to row my own stick myself.
Agreed^^ Wish I had the M6!!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
<--- its 1:51am EST. (ironic I know) and I'm on my 4th rum and diet coke, but I think LSx owners are A. more cocky, B. don't know **** about Ford, and C. would pass a ford car on the side of the road rather than that stop and help him. You fucktards give GM a bad name.

We're all gearheads so pull the LSx blinders off your eyes. Yes the LSx is a great motor, makes more power than a n/a 4.6, but to completely turn your head when there is a few guys that can beat a ls1 with a square motor gets under my skin. Are you guys that brand loyal (aka stupid)?

Man, I'm gonna be hungover tomorrow.

-Mark
This is what I meant by my rants from yesterday. That **** is uncalled for. You beat the car great but if one beats you then are they Still a pile?

Quick Reply: All Bark no Bite mustang...typical