Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got killed stories

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I never lost to any car to date lol..I was just lucky because I never raced the big boys in town. Lost to a liter bike like I was standind still on the jug haha.
I was fooling around with my friend's 911 86 some years ago, and I felt like I was slower, even if there was no real racing happening.

..but the end is coming; my friend's GT500 is back with 670rwhp..130 more than last year..itll be the end of me unless he cant drive, which might happen.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was running in my 01 GT and thought I was cool since I beat an Audi TT and S4 (left the dealer) so I am just cruisin and this black cobra rolls up on me I am like "what the heck" He gets next to me no honks or anything and just WOT ........... twin turbo termi ..... *sighs* really...!?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

I race a lot of cars and usually don't care if I win or lose. I lost to a couple tough cars in the Z06 when I only had I/H/E making 383rwhp. I lost to a 550whp GT-R, he pulled about 4 cars on me lol. I lost to a C6 Z06 with exhaust, hung with him in 3rd gear and then he started walking me after that. I also lost to a BPU+++ Supra from a 60 roll, procharged Challenger, An 500whp E46 M3 (bolt ons and a 175 shot). I lost to a whole bunch of bikes to lol.

Oh yeah, rematches on all coming soon

Last edited by TheHitman; 05-17-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
My worst raping came at the hands of an LS1 RX-7 and a supercharged LS1 Z28 a few months back in DFW... Front wheels lifted on the RX-7 and they both left me like I slammed on the brakes, yoked the wheel and punched it heading the opposite direction! I cried! lol
There is a LS2 superchargered RX-7 here that raped a Busa and a ZX-14 from 70-180ish. A guy in a Ferrari and a bolt on 08 C6Z was talking **** to him till they seen that.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

I always post this story when a thread like this comes up. An at the track death..good read though...and true.

I was at the track in the staging lanes one sunny Saturday having a good time. At the time my car was running 12.7's on nittos. Nothing special but decent for a street car. Anyways as the lines moved my line was 1 car behind and along pulls up this 94-95 GT. I didn't even notice it behind me when I was sitting in my car. When the lines stopped (I think somebody puked fluid on the starting line) I got out of my car and so did the driver of the GT. We look at each others cars. His was moonlight blue with a 2.5" cowl hood that was unpainted. His tires were weld draglights 3.5" up front and some 15x8 in the rear with ET streets. The front rims looked dirty covered in brake dust. Full interior and even with some magazines and a windbreaker jacket in the back seat. He was a nice guy and complimented my car and I did the same about his. So we agreed to run each other and never really asked each other about the ET's. While we were bs'ing he asked me what type of safety requirements are there to run. So I told him some basic stuff like a DS loop if running slicks, a helment for anything under 13.99, etc.

So as the cleanup was done the lines started to move, I started my car and he got in his and started his car. It was your standard 5.0 sound. It had a slight lope (I'm guessing an alphabet cam) but nothing radical. What sounded like flowmaster mufflers and a o/r h-pipe. As the lines moved, it was our turn to dance. I did my burnout first and quickly staged. I said to myself I'm going to smoke another slow 5.0 and destroy this guy. I look over just in time to see him roll out of his burnout. I bring the rpms up to 5000 and preload the drivetrain. I'm staged and ready to go. He stages up and down comes the tree. Yellow, yellow, yellow, GREEN! I hooked up pretty good for a 17" DR (1.79 60ft). What happened next was something out of STAR WARS. By the time I got out of 1st gear (I had 4.56's at the time) I couldn't read his license plate. All I saw was a blue blur in the left lane going down the track. My jaw was in my lap. I was so shocked I accidently tapped the limiter for a millisecond and shifted into 2nd. Just after I pass half track I see his ET........ 10.37@13X!! I finish the run and grab my ticket. I get back to the pits and he was nowhere to be found. He was like a ghost. Just appeared then in a instant he was gone.

About 2 months go down the road and I'm at a local hangout/car show standing infront of my car with some friends. I see this very same ghost pull in and I told my friends what happened that day. It was deja vu as the rear of his car was facing me and I finally got to see this car license plate. The license plate said "WO HORSY" -Mark
Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Here's my latest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOTvXp9ZW9A
Old 05-17-2011, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've lost my fair share of times, but one of the most memorable was against a MBZ C63 AMG.

It started out coming to a light, where we both didn't want to slow down. I was still Lid/Catback and in the AMG was an older guy, I'm assuming a stock car. I put it in second, we were probably doing around 40mph still rolling, and the light turns green before we get to it. He was already ahead of me before we started. We both hit it, and he pulled around a car but I held pretty good.

Of course the next stoplight turns red and we line up. He was ready to go, and I was nervous because I had just purchased the car not too long ago and was not the greatest at getting it out of the hole. Needless to say the light turns green, and he just leaves me in the dust. I struggled with the launch, and by the time I was in 2nd gear he was multiple cars ahead of me. As much as losing sucks, I was happy that this old guy used his car like it was supposed to be used! And C63's are just bad ***, I didn't have a chance in the first place. I then realized I needed my next mods faster.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lost miserably against a supra a few years back when I still had my red T/A. I was making 425/405 with a baby cam LS6. I was going home from work at about 3 AM when I notice those distinctive tail lights up ahead. I get up to him, and for once the highway is completely bare for miles. It was silver, had no body kit, not lowered, and what looked to be stock sized wheels. He slows down to about 50 and I drop to 2nd gear, he honks it off and we go. I pull about 1-1.5 cars pretty quick and think to myself I must be racing an N/A. Right as that train of thought ends he blasts past me like he had a JATO rocket strapped to his trunk leaving about 200ft of burnout on the highway. I never did catch up to him, he let off about a half mile from me, but I did catch his license plate "1BAD2JZ".

I caught him on the highway again a few months later but he had a little boy in the car so I wasn't going to race him, plus traffic was heavy. Hell of a sleeper thats for sure.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
I lost miserably against a supra a few years back when I still had my red T/A. I was making 425/405 with a baby cam LS6. I was going home from work at about 3 AM when I notice those distinctive tail lights up ahead. I get up to him, and for once the highway is completely bare for miles. It was silver, had no body kit, not lowered, and what looked to be stock sized wheels. He slows down to about 50 and I drop to 2nd gear, he honks it off and we go. I pull about 1-1.5 cars pretty quick and think to myself I must be racing an N/A. Right as that train of thought ends he blasts past me like he had a JATO rocket strapped to his trunk leaving about 200ft of burnout on the highway. I never did catch up to him, he let off about a half mile from me, but I did catch his license plate "1BAD2JZ".

I caught him on the highway again a few months later but he had a little boy in the car so I wasn't going to race him, plus traffic was heavy. Hell of a sleeper thats for sure.
That is why hate supra's. Never know what you going to get when racing one. But I guess same can be said for Camaro's/Mustang's.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

Oh other kill story i got is me G8 vs EVO 8..

I wa sgoing to run spray but had issue so ran him N/A. He makes 370whp. N/A with nitrous tune i made around 360ish. I got smashed. Just rapped badly.

His best to date at track is 12.3, mine N/A was 12.6-with 75 shot was 12.1 never got a clean 1/4 pass with the 125 shot. ONly 1/8 mine on street tires. It was 7.1@99.

The cam car makes 660awhp and weighs under 3300lbs. I have a rematch coming EVO vs 5.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nphchPYGUWM