Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Genesis sedan vs joe dirt and RSX on hwy

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Koondog
What if I got that with a 6 4' 325lb Passenger?

I wouldnt say its a strech, its actually pretty close.
i weigh 230lbs and with my wife and luggage it would be near (130+120) another 250lbs. that's the mpg i achieved with the above mentioned extra weight on board so get your 325lbs friend and cruise at 81mph and reports back. i don't why you care that much. the genesis is not in competition with a "GTO", if sanything it would be comparable to the G8 no?
Old 05-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Whoa there, I Wasnt being offensive... Someone stated they didn't want to quit being loyal to GM because they wanted performance and good gas milage, and I was just letting them know they could. Your car is nice man and obviously your happy with it and that's all that matters.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koondog
Whoa there, I Wasnt being offensive... Someone stated they didn't want to quit being loyal to GM because they wanted performance and good gas milage, and I was just letting them know they could. Your car is nice man and obviously your happy with it and that's all that matters.
He said he wished they built a car LIKE THE GENESIS. Like, nice styling inside/out, nice build quality, good power, FOUR DOORS, and good gas mileage. There is an emphasis on the four door part, btw.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Staging Lane

Calm down now tough guy. It was just a short post giving an opinion, wasn't trying to start an argument.

Last edited by Koondog; 05-21-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Genesis's only came in 4 cylinder 2.0 Turbo and V6 3.8. 4.6? That's gotta be pretty BOSS.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

I get 18city-26hwy(80+MPH) MPG consistently in my G8 GT with just Dyno tune/CAI. I am very happy with it.. I test drove a genesis and it felt kind of I don't know, softer than the G8. The G8 seems to handle a lot better I guess. But like was stated earlier all that matters is the OP is happy with it. The interior is a little nicer in the hyundai but that's about the only thing I liked more.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I get 18city-26hwy(80+MPH) MPG consistently in my G8 GT with just Dyno tune/CAI. I am very happy with it.. I test drove a genesis and it felt kind of I don't know, softer than the G8. The G8 seems to handle a lot better I guess. But like was stated earlier all that matters is the OP is happy with it. The interior is a little nicer in the hyundai but that's about the only thing I liked more.
two things i will never have driving this unfortunately. but then again i don't have to worry about my DOD lifters failing either lol. one thing about my Yukon Denali. i had to buy the FIRST year when GM puts that god awful AFM in the 6.2 Escalade and Denali!!! it's not "if" they will fail. it's just WHEN..

oh believe me. if they still made the G8 it would've been tough for me NOT to have bought one. Having said that in a couple years if GM does remake the G8 say in a buick version with those things the Genesis has over the G8 i will trade this in in a heart beat and pick one up. it will be paid off in 2 years.

my wife will not drive a used car. she's spoiled and HAS to have new every f*** time. i wanted to buy an '06 M35x with 60k on it for $15k. she wouldn't even sit in it! I may have been able to get her in a 2k miles G8 but the lack of Nav, memory seating, auto dimming rear view (Genesis 8" nav & 6 disc changer, tilt/telescopic memory and even the auto dim side mirrors) and is just a little more upclass (yes, i said upclass and Hyundai product in the same sentence, get used to it because they're starting to turn out some nice full size RWD cars imo).
it's very vanilla on the outside, but that's what draws me to it? i don't know, you either love it or hate it (if you notice it lol)

the stereo in this thing is amazing.

Last edited by TonyGXP; 05-21-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Did those wing badges come on it from the dealer?

I'm guessing you put them on...they look good.

I won't be surprised if Hyundai turns the Genesis into a brand of its own, like Toyota did with Lexus, Nissan- Infiniti, etc.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
Did those wing badges come on it from the dealer?

I'm guessing you put them on...they look good.

I won't be surprised if Hyundai turns the Genesis into a brand of its own, like Toyota did with Lexus, Nissan- Infiniti, etc.
thanks, i like them over the "H" lol

yeah, i did. basically a conversion to the korean Genesis. the airbag is actually OEM from Korea ( like their version of GM's AC Delco called "MOBIS", so the packaging has Hyundai all over it, oem part numbers, a reflective label and the word MOBIS all over it) over there there are NO Hyundai emblems on them. they are known as "Genesis 330" & "380" for the 3.3 and the 3.8 versions. not sure if they even have a "460" over there? but you would think at some point Hyundai will break out a luxury division and call it something? maybe Genesis and have the same model designations they use over there.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
thanks, i like them over the "H" lol

yeah, i did. basically a conversion to the korean Genesis. the airbag is actually OEM from Korea ( like their version of GM's AC Delco called "MOBIS", so the packaging has Hyundai all over it, oem part numbers, a reflective label and the word MOBIS all over it) over there there are NO Hyundai emblems on them. they are known as "Genesis 330" & "380" for the 3.3 and the 3.8 versions. not sure if they even have a "460" over there? but you would think at some point Hyundai will break out a luxury division and call it something? maybe Genesis and have the same model designations they use over there.
Based on what I've seen and read, I wouldn't be surprised if Genesis became a brand of its own soon. This makes even more sense if they are already sort of doing this (badge-wise) in Korea.

I'm not sure exactly how well the Genesis's are selling, but if they are doing well enough, I bet they will expand into their own line.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
Based on what I've seen and read, I wouldn't be surprised if Genesis became a brand of its own soon. This makes even more sense if they are already sort of doing this (badge-wise) in Korea.

I'm not sure exactly how well the Genesis's are selling, but if they are doing well enough, I bet they will expand into their own line.
i don't think they are selling all that well, although they are selling more of them than Audi A6 and the Lexus GS combined (according to car & driver). who knows. in '12 the R-spec will be out. 8spd trans, DI 5.0 429hp. should be pretty quick (if they changed the trans tune my god it's soooo slowwwww) matter of fact the 3.8 gets DI and a bump to 333hp and all genesis get the 8spd trans. but like i said i got this car pretty cheap given the circumstances $36k for adaptive cruise, articulating xenon headlights, rear power shade and all the other crap this thing comes with the list is almost endless (although curiously no passenger cooled seat? wtf? then again it isn't $75k so i'm not really complaining).

what can you get that comes close for $36k? a loaded 6cyl 300? that's about it. the interior room dwarfs the 5 series, E class, A6, etc. it's got the same interior space as the reg wheelbase 7 series, almost as much as the S class and MORE than the A8.

i know i said it before but i really hope Buick gets a car like this one day. Cadillac shouldn't get to have all the RWD fun you know?

Last edited by TonyGXP; 05-21-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Genesis sedan vs joe dirt and RSX on hwy