Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a z28 last night in the wifes 2v GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now now mark, I can see the diarrhea just pouring from your mouth. We dont like logic here and understanding simple concepts go over our heads.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
really?

so you've never raced a car that had a better hp/weight ratio and won because he took 3 days to shift? or botched a launch...repeatedly.

about the weight comment...i lol. ls1 in a 4th gen fbody goes 105. same engine in an fc rx7 goes 115. gee, what's the difference? don't tell me the 2 are going to be neck and neck from 60 lol.

street race much?
For your first comments, I guess a 3 day shift would make a difference. Good point.
As for the "botched launch", I made the comment for roll racing.

For you second comment, you mentioned a 60 roll. This means that you begin at 60mph and "accelerate" to some speed. The lighter car will be faster because it accelerates faster. As I mentioned above, whenever something accelerates, the torque comes into play again. Once the acceleration slows or stops all together, than the horsepower becomes the deciding factor.
I am not forcing the issue man, this is just how I see the relationship between Hp and Torque.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was referring to your comment about weight, not the hp/tq segment of your post haha.

and bad driving is the reason A LOT of faster cars lose to slower cars.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by snake95
Is somebody getting worked up?
At a loss for words to his response (which had to do with stock) so you resort to your NOW modded car...sounds about right, he obviously pushed the right buttons
Nope I work your mother on the corner Just yesturday he got pissy when I was making him look stupid and started saying his Acura would beat me lmao
Old 05-23-2011, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

awe chit...I smell a temp ban a coming...haha.

IBTL.

Lemons12- Ya I just can't seem to get away from simple logic. Stupid me. lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s346k
i was referring to your comment about weight, not the hp/tq segment of your post haha.

and bad driving is the reason A LOT of faster cars lose to slower cars.
Yes, I realize that you were referring to the comment about the weight. If the weight of the car is lighter during the accleration time (use of torque), than this vehicle will reach a certain speed faster than a heavier car. However, once the accleration slows or stops (use of Hp), the weight of the car matters less. That is all I was stating. Sorry for being an *** about this. Don't mean to come off like a dick.

Anyway, you are correct about bad driving...It does cause faster cars to lose to slower ones no matter what speed.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
What the guy above says makes alot more sense. I havent seen any ls1's camaro's here in the 14's, but I did see a cuple guys in gto's run 14-14-4 in 6-speeds with 2.0-2.2 60fts. Idk if they can't shift or what
In my area we see a lot of average drivers at the track...well, did see them before the track closed. I saw a stock LS1 WS6 (6 speed) run consistent 14.0-13.8s all night. Then I saw a catback/lid 6 speed ls1 car run mid-high 12s.

****, I lined up against a friend's H/C/I/susp/gear/weight loss/DR+skinnies/stalled th350 LT1 SS (runs 12.1s) and tried to see if I could even keep it close. I fucked up the launch (dumped it from 5k) and made a 13.9 pass (2.3 60' I think) so I can damn close to a 14. Our track prep is usually pretty good, but I literally got sideways through 1st and blew the tires off until 3rd. My best pass that night was 12.66@112, 2.00 60' on $70 245 street tires with just lid/ls6 intake/headers/true duals/3.73s/tune/full weight. Hell, out of the same stuff minus ls6 intake and tune, I got a 1.90 60', so I consider myself a good (above average) driver, but definitely not great. Point being that you can be a good driver but have an off night or bad pass.

Another local kid who sucks at driving could only get a best of 13.7 from a headers/intake/exhaust LS1/ 6 speed goat. Some people just suck, some people are average, and some are good or great drivers.

One night I was at the track, the guy in front of me was a cammed LS1 and he ran a 13.0. I had that same setup mentioned before and ran a 12.83.

I know I'm rambling but like I said, there are drivers of every sort and skill level, which is why people talk about AVERAGE times. You aren't going to see the best from every car every time, or sometimes ever. There are plenty of bolt-on 6 speed LS1s running much faster than my 12.66, but there are plenty lower as well, therefore I consider my times average.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole "average" times thing is being blown out of proportion here. Instead of average times Id call a 14.anything in an LS1 in decent air a bad time. LOL Come out here to my home track and you'll see average times of mid 13s (13.4-13.6) from stock/near stock LS1 on a regular. When a guy runs 14s out here we don't consider it average we consider him a fuc*ed up driver. That is all.

I pay attention to two things: Average and Best. That's it. **** times get thrown out the window. They serve pointless to me.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Teching In

I took a C6 z06 to 11.2 at 129 with just a cold air, tires and cat back at sac a few years ago. Then at infineon ran a 11.7 at 121 all day.everyone has off days. But infineon sucks ***.(I am always blaming the track) Its just the track you are at and if your car needs a driver mod. Plan and smiple. I would call myself a very very good drive. I ran a buddys t/a and he could only get a 13.6.I would call him above average driver. I got a 12.96(full bolt-ons) out of it. There are to many things that come in to play. I race a lot of car on the street and have got beat and have one. I had a srt-4 stay right be side me 50-160. The the next nigh walk all over him in the vette. Like I said a lot of things come in to play.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well let me know in years when it is back together
If you want to come over I'll get it running within a week. Although running my 4.6L you would be up **** river with a leaking boat, alligators in the water, a broken paddle, and a group of rapist behind you in a speed boat.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nope I work your mother on the corner Just yesturday he got pissy when I was making him look stupid and started saying his Acura would beat me lmao
You can run the Acura, the 99 Cobra, the 03 Mach, or the 95 GT...your call pumpkin
Old 05-23-2011, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
and a group of rapist behind you in a speed boat.
haha, WTF Where the hell did that come from? lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can run the Acura, the 99 Cobra, the 03 Mach, or the 95 GT...your call pumpkin
I call the 95 gt, definitely the boat anchor of the group.

What? 200hp and low 15s? He is going to rape you.

Or is it him getting raped by the dudes in the boat? My money is on the gt.

O ****... now I'm confused.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
The whole "average" times thing is being blown out of proportion here. Instead of average times Id call a 14.anything in an LS1 in decent air a bad time. LOL Come out here to my home track and you'll see average times of mid 13s (13.4-13.6) from stock/near stock LS1 on a regular. When a guy runs 14s out here we don't consider it average we consider him a fuc*ed up driver. That is all.

I pay attention to two things: Average and Best. That's it. **** times get thrown out the window. They serve pointless to me.
You still aren't getting it.

There is no average without all of the ets taken into consideration.. From a 12.8@110 pass all the way down to a 14.3@101 pass.
If you aren't going to count a 14.3 pass, then don't count a 12.8 pass.
Nobody said anything about 14s being average, we have pointed that out to you twice now. A 14 second ls1 is struggling, whether it be DA driver options track prep cars mechanical condition etc etc etc.. but you still have to count it when talking average, if not you aren't talking average. I mean seriously, how are you not grasping this?

Average is an average of the worst and best pass and the amount of cars running. Whether you like the et or not or its an amazing or horrible et, you have to count it when talking average. In math you don't say what was the average time the kids made 3 laps in...... but dont count anything over 4 minutes cause the fat kids and handicap kids were in that group..... but count the four dudes from Kenya.
****.. I mean you make fun of me and you cant grasp this. Whether you like it or not, average has a definition... if you aren't talking average, quit saying average and quit arguing cause you either don't care or agree with me. Otherwise, you are dead wrong... Period. you can't argue how you come up with an average, it is in stone. All ets are accounted for, not just the ones you think make the cut.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
You still aren't getting it.

There is no average without all of the ets taken into consideration.. From a 12.8@110 pass all the way down to a 14.3@101 pass.
If you aren't going to count a 14.3 pass, then don't count a 12.8 pass.
Nobody said anything about 14s being average, we have pointed that out to you twice now. A 14 second ls1 is struggling, whether it be DA driver options track prep cars mechanical condition etc etc etc.. but you still have to count it when talking average, if not you aren't talking average. I mean seriously, how are you not grasping this?

Average is an average of the worst and best pass and the amount of cars running. Whether you like the et or not or its an amazing orr horrible et, you have to count it when talking average. In math you don't say what was the average time the kids made 3 laps in...... but dont count anything over 4 minutes cause the fat kids and handicap kids were in that group..... but count the four dudes from Kenya.
****.. I mean you make fun of me and you cant grasp this. Whether you like it or not, average has a definition... if you aren't talking average, quit saying average and quit arguing cause you either don't care or agree with me. Otherwise, you are dead wrong... Period. you can't argue how you come up with an average, it is in stone. All ets are accounted for, not just the ones you think make the cut.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy

Extremely!! Tired and typed from phone. Was just rambling. I don't understand another way I could possibly explain it for one to understand it.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to come over I'll get it running within a week. Although running my 4.6L you would be up **** river with a leaking boat, alligators in the water, a broken paddle, and a group of rapist behind you in a speed boat.
wait!!! This might not be so bad. Are these rapists of the female variety? If so count me raped.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Staging Lane

lol you guys like to just make **** up huh? I didn't say I'll never lose to a Mustang. WTF? Are you retarded? There are 6 second Mustangs out there...

No, I said I once lost to a Mustang. white 4th gen GT, sounded cammed. He smoked me while granny shifting that thing. The same night I raced a near stock 4th gen GT and smoked that guy. He said he spun but so did I.

I don't get what's so impossible about an LT1 winning against a Mustang that's a good 20hp or so down on power. Even the newer GTs don't have the same flat torque curve as small block Chevys so it's all very possible.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Restricted User

So now ur trying to say u own all those cars? Funny ****. Ur rich over the internet huh?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

So now ur trying to say u own all those cars? Funny ****. Ur rich over the internet huh?
The mach is his Gfs.. teg cobra and gt are his.

Quick Reply: raced a z28 last night in the wifes 2v GT