Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Does the green attract douche bags?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew1989
Ha, well of course I will claim the highest reading. It put 154 stock. I put the pipe on and dropped some weight and it felt stronger but it really woke up when I got it tuned. Most of the pulls were in the 167ish area. When you step back and think about it, it is sort of ridiculous. Most modern liter bikes these days make around that power and that is more than a lot of cars. Sometimes it just baffles me that I allow myself to sit on that thing.

Sounds right to me. My 04 10R made 161 with a road racing slick that probably saps a horsepower or two and they are generally 3-5rwhp down from 2nd gens. A friend of mine has an 07 10R with the full Akrapovic and tune and put down just about 5 more than mine to the wheel. I'm totally content with the power mine makes for track days. It's got a full Akrapovic with a dyno tune and all the standard weight reduction (emissions, exhaust, etc.) and I couldn't be happier with its performance as it rips. To think about the 180rwhp stock BMWs out there is ridiculous.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew1989
Ha, well of course I will claim the highest reading. It put 154 stock. I put the pipe on and dropped some weight and it felt stronger but it really woke up when I got it tuned. Most of the pulls were in the 167ish area. When you step back and think about it, it is sort of ridiculous. Most modern liter bikes these days make around that power and that is more than a lot of cars. Sometimes it just baffles me that I allow myself to sit on that thing.
They just keep making Liter bikes faster and faster. More and more power..
Some facts about the new hotness

If wrapping your legs around the 193-horsepower BMW S 1000 RR simply isn't enough to raise your eyebrows, the engineers at MV Agusta have something special for you. The Italian bike manufacturer just peeled the wraps off of the 2012 F4 RR, and the new machine packs a full 198 hp between its frame rails. That's thanks to a host of new engine tweaks that start with a redesigned head with larger titanium intake and exhaust valves. Full power comes on at 13,400 rpm thanks to a shorter stroke and new lightweight forged pistons, and variable-length intake runners and a 4-2-1-4 exhaust makes sure the mill breathes easy.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story telling man! Oh and good kill, of course...

Quick Reply: Does the green attract douche bags?