Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C Challenger RT vs LS1 SS **video**

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Me myself i dont see why anyone would lie about mods, but it happens all the time...Im not even saying hes def lying...Im saying if he is telling the truth then the gains from the cam are very minimal. Hardly even worth metioning that it is cammed imo.
No, it's worth it. Just like when people complain about people not mentioning hotcams. It's a mod (a cam swap at that) that gains power, therefore it is mentioned. I guess if you toss out a cam swap and head porting, then we'll definitely toss out the Camaros mods which means the full bolt-on Challenger still lost to a bone stock LS1.

Just curious, you did read the little edit I made, right?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha good kill!
but on a side note, your buddies race like jack asses!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
ha good kill!
but on a side note, your buddies race like jack asses!
Why is that?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WSsick
No, it's worth it. Just like when people complain about people not mentioning hotcams. It's a mod (a cam swap at that) that gains power, therefore it is mentioned. I guess if you toss out a cam swap and head porting, then we'll definitely toss out the Camaros mods which means the full bolt-on Challenger still lost to a bone stock LS1.

Just curious, you did read the little edit I made, right?
I cant comment on anything LS, my knowledge just isnt there. But i do KNOW for fact that i know of bolt on rt's running FASTER AND QUICKER times than rt's that have done h/c swaps...If the tuning isnt there to take advantage of major mods such as h/c,stroker, and forced induction then its worthless. So yes I can and will toss out a h/c eagle 5.7. If this were a h/c 6.1 or even just cammed i wouldnt say a damn thing. Hell if it were a race against a LX platform with the older 5.7 that was head and cammed then i still wouldnt say a damn thing. And you do realize it is possible to do a head and cam swap and LOSE power dont you?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

And you do realize it is possible to do a head and cam swap and LOSE power dont you?
Definitely, I just highly doubt Ben (the guy whom I quoted before about building the car) would let something like that out of that shop (now has started his own shop). Especially when he turns things like this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-AYllE-Fig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2OjF-sLr0I

I'm not trying to argue this thing should run like a H/C LS motor, just stating what is done to the car. In my view, mods should be listed whether they help or hurt the car to give the full story (unless you are someone who likes to be sneaky about mods for whatever reason).
Old 05-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WSsick
Definitely, I just highly doubt Ben (the guy whom I quoted before about building the car) would let something like that out of that shop (now has started his own shop). Especially when he turns things like this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-AYllE-Fig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2OjF-sLr0I

I'm not trying to argue this thing should run like a H/C LS motor, just stating what is done to the car. In my view, mods should be listed whether they help or hurt the car to give the full story (unless you are someone who likes to be sneaky about mods for whatever reason).
I know of PUR and that chally is pretty serious. Is that the shop that did the H/C swap on this rt?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

I know of PUR and that chally is pretty serious. Is that the shop that did the H/C swap on this rt?
Yup, that was his work but now Ben (Craven) left PUR to start his own shop. That edit I made a few posts back with a quote from "cravenperformance" was what he said on a local forum.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Banned

Jeez, that shop needs to step out of the modern hemi world and leave it to those who know what theyre doing. Place seems like a joke. Good kills either way.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paywithdeath
Jeez, that shop needs to step out of the modern hemi world and leave it to those who know what theyre doing. Place seems like a joke. Good kills either way.
You must have missed the part where I posted that he said they did that car like 2 years ago and it is back on a stock tune with no converter. They have some nasty HEMIs, in case you missed the couple Challenger videos.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

Ive never heard of them. Nice chally but that MPH isnt anything crazy. They put someone elses motor in the car and an f2 procharger. No big deal.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Ive never heard of them. Nice chally but that MPH isnt anything crazy. They put someone elses motor in the car and an f2 procharger. No big deal.
Should I post a video of DTP's Super Bee Charger? lol
Old 05-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

I mean 136 isnt great. But its fast. Good times for sure but its not insane.its also an Inertia motor soooo thats another story in itself.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

I mean 136 isnt great. But its fast. Good times for sure but its not insane.its also an Inertia motor soooo thats another story in itself.
Right...136 isnt 152...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFDJqq2qq30
Old 05-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned

Haha yes. With a crap 60' too.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Damn who cares the OP video showed a poorly built mopar, And I have seen that pur challenger and had ran better. seems there always changeing and tuneing on it.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Damn who cares the OP video showed a poorly built mopar, And I have seen that pur challenger and had ran better. seems there always changeing and tuneing on it.
No doubt...that car is serious...i believe theyve even converted to a solid rear...
Old 05-22-2011, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

No doubt...that car is serious...i believe theyve even converted to a solid rear...
Hmm thats interesting, that Charger is a beast and wouldnt want to know how much $$$ it take to move that pig.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Hmm thats interesting, that Charger is a beast and wouldnt want to know how much $$$ it take to move that pig.
TBH id guess that he has less invested in it than that PUR challenger...Still a lot of money tho.

Oh and that charger is STOCK displacement...Forged 6.1...
Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Banned

4200 lbs to boot.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Dont know to much about these late model hemi cars. I know they always had tuning issues. All I know I am not scared up them but I never get to encounter a good running hemi.

Quick Reply: H/C Challenger RT vs LS1 SS **video**