Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Two Mustangs in One day

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 04:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Mustangs in One day

He kept revving it to keep his car from rolling backwards. Figured it's a manual so he probably races that thing too.

Next light, I roll right next to him. Put it in N and rev it gently. He looks over, pulls down the window. I nod 'sup' and say "wanna go?"
"I dunno, sure.."
"Is there a lotta cops around here?"
"I have a radar, so if I stop all the sudden, you know what to do."
"alright..."

He revs it, I put it in first and hold brake and gas up to 1800rpm. We wait for the green light. Yellow, red...now we're green. I start spinning (either the bad blacktop or the uphill, idk) and my nose meets his right door. Then I hooked and pulled my own car's length, he shifts into second and I hear him chirp. I put it into second and pull some more. I got about a car or two ahead. Then he stomps on the brakes and turns left into a street. I slowed down right away, I felt like my front end bit the ground lol.

The funniest part was we were both all dressed up for business. This was like at 1:30pm. Imagine two dudes dressed formally street racing...haha

Before I could finish this post I went out. On our way back, on the 405 freeway, I see a 2010 Mustang (no 5.0 badges, just GT) so I get in front of him. He switches lanes and slowly creeps next to me. Seeing how he's being a lil shy I put it in 3rd and cut him off again to really **** him off.

He switches lanes and comes to my right, I slow down. Windows roll down again, I see this big buffed bald brown dude, looking like a total hard ***, with the expression to go with it.

I say "let's go!". Looks over, looks to the road, nods. Still unsure if he knows wtf is going on I honk. 1, 2, 3 and put my foot to the floor all the way.

Apparently while trying to grab my shifter I accidentally put it into second. Before I know what gear I'm in I'm hitting the red line and the RPM shows 7000, and I'm just barely ahead. I put it into 3rd, we're doing about 90mph now. Freeway gets a lil curved and he slowly creeps ahead, then changes gear and I gain ground on him again.

He gives up at 120mph. By the time I get to look at my gauges, it reads 130mph.

It was really, really close, I just barely edged this one. I had my 200lbs friend with me too. Back in neutral, and laughed my way home. My buddy was so impressed he updated his facebook status immediately. lol.

Amazing how our cars are so ahead of their time. Here is a crappy old LT1 with an economy PCM tune edging out a 2010 4.6 Mustang.

F-Body 4 life!

Last edited by AmirGTR; 05-21-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Well I get that you cut a guy off trying to get him to race..At which t hat time i wou;d have opened glove box and pulled out the XD.

Either way your stories sounds like complete bullshit. I really don't think you going to take a 2010 GT either..And what year was the other one?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Well I get that you cut a guy off trying to get him to race..At which t hat time i wou;d have opened glove box and pulled out the XD.

Either way your stories sounds like complete bullshit. I really don't think you going to take a 2010 GT either..And what year was the other one?
Like 2005 or something. He had rims, kinda small, maybe 16 or 17, wider tires (looked 275+) and exhaust, and was obviously manual, that's all I could tell.

I think the guy in the 2010 didn't know how to shift, because he'd pull on me, then shift and I'd gain on him again. Lotta people who dunno how to ****** drive their ****...

Don't worry I do stuff like this all the time, next time I'll get a video just for you. Anything else I can do for you sweetie?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AmirGTR
Like 2005 or something. He had rims, kinda small, maybe 16 or 17, wider tires (looked 275+) and exhaust, and was obviously manual, that's all I could tell.

I think the guy in the 2010 didn't know how to shift, because he'd pull on me, then shift and I'd gain on him again. Lotta people who dunno how to ****** drive their ****...

Don't worry I do stuff like this all the time, next time I'll get a video just for you. Anything else I can do for you sweetie?
Sweetie?? Guess you living up to that you are a ****** post.

Funny you lose to a civic Si but all sudden beating mustangs with no issue...haha

Hey he can't drive fine...It happens...I wish you was in my area...I would send some them 05+ mustangs. But i forgot you will never lose to a mustang..haha
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Teching In

Old 05-21-2011, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

This is gonna be fun to watch
Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Staging Lane

Sweetie?? Guess you living up to that you are a ****** post.

Funny you lose to a civic Si but all sudden beating mustangs with no issue...haha

Hey he can't drive fine...It happens...I wish you was in my area...I would send some them 05+ mustangs. But i forgot you will never lose to a mustang..haha
You got manhood problems bro. No sane secure person whips out a gun when someone cuts them off.

lol you guys don't believe me even with a video? You saw how I smoked him when I actually put my foot down. I told you I was messing with him. Believe what you want.

Originally Posted by whatsnext
aww look a butthurt pony rider

Last edited by AmirGTR; 05-21-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

This kill just screams BULLSHIT.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Maybe not so extreme as pulling a gun, but possibly some slashed tires or an *** whipping would be justified. Cutting someone off on purpose= douchebag move. You never know how ******* crazy the person you **** off on the road is
Old 05-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Teching In

You got manhood problems bro. No sane secure person whips out a gun when someone cuts them off.

lol you guys don't believe me even with a video? You saw how I smoked him when I actually put my foot down. I told you I was messing with him. Believe what you want.

aww look a butthurt pony rider
NO not butt hurt this just sound's like to me thats all, i don't give two ****'s what kind of car win's a race. I drive what i drive because it was the best deal at the time i was looking.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

No some jack *** driver cutting me off trying to get me to race has issues. I don't drive a nice in my car to let some idiot almost make me wreck. I can wreck on my own if i want. Take your POS some where else and try to wreck your **** being a ******* idiot. Cause in TX we are allowed to carry our gun every where and most will not hesitate to use it.

As far as "messing with him" I don't lose even on purpose. If some one is going to beat me they going to do cause their car is faster. If i lose i am not going to make a excuse i was playing with him.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Op,

your stock LT1 beat a new Mustang 5.0 is what you are saying.
Makes it a little hard to believe, but most anything can happen on the street.

By any chance, are you related to Mystic?

Good luck and be careful.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by proporio
Op,

He said it was a 2010 4.6..they are only rated at 320hp..
Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

He said it was a 2010 4.6..they are only rated at 320hp..
Ok, sorry for the mistake
Old 05-21-2011, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

Ok, sorry for the mistake
Either way i still call BS! Some guys with the track pak has had the 2010 in mid 13's. I think i seen some where some guy ran 13.3 in one.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

In case this thread goes like the Ops other race thread,

IBTR
In Before The Rapture
Old 05-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Op,

Dude 5.0 would rape my car. It was definitely a 4.6. But same body style as the 5.0.

13.3 is with a really good driver...this guy definitely wasn't one. Let's say he's good enough to hit 13.8-9, it'd make sense. My car is an A4 so it's not as tricky as his manual.

No some jack *** driver cutting me off trying to get me to race has issues. I don't drive a nice in my car to let some idiot almost make me wreck. I can wreck on my own if i want. Take your POS some where else and try to wreck your **** being a ******* idiot. Cause in TX we are allowed to carry our gun every where and most will not hesitate to use it.

As far as "messing with him" I don't lose even on purpose. If some one is going to beat me they going to do cause their car is faster. If i lose i am not going to make a excuse i was playing with him.
Good for you. Want a cookie?

Man my town must be heaven compared to yours. They don't even flip you off. I get cut off from time to time, and I usually think "man that guy's in a hurry...". Less so in street racing, we know we're playing.

Last edited by AmirGTR; 05-21-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

I would have told you to pull over and made you swallow your chiclets if you cut me off.

We all know that manually shifting an auto makes it SOOO much faster!

-Mark
Old 05-21-2011, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Sounds a little sketchy. OP could have just outdriven them but who the hell knows.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1forever
Sounds a little sketchy. OP could have just outdriven them but who the hell knows.
Read his other thread... The one that's locked.