Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I finally ran a E92 BMW M3!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 04:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ccxxxxxxx
So after I bring up that you can not not talk about the 5.0 in every ******* thread you decide to congradulate the op on a nice kill and SS.

I think everyone here sees who the fucktard is you piece of ****. The guy who lives on LS1tech to let the world know how fast the new 5.0 is.

You may not have brought it up but you were right there to let everyone know that the new 5.0 is soo boss.
I told him good kill lcause it was. Not because you try being a dip ****. His SS has t o run pretty strong to beat the M3.

I also said it was a drivers race...Never once did i say it was teh fastest car there is. Or it is the Boss. Cause the boss is faster then a stock 5.0..haha
Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So after I bring up that you can not not talk about the 5.0 in every ******* thread you decide to congradulate the op on a nice kill and SS.

I think everyone here sees who the fucktard is you piece of ****. The guy who lives on LS1tech to let the world know how fast the new 5.0 is.

You may not have brought it up but you were right there to let everyone know that the new 5.0 is soo boss.
chill on the hatred. At least ohio HAS a 5.0, WITH all the mods that we theorize about, and is willing to race anyone to simply see which is faster and from where. It's the guys that don't have 5.0's that **** most of us off with there neverending youtube vids and crap that are nuthuggers.

And there's a LONG list of guys on this website that are 5.0 nuthuggers (nuthugger = guy who doesn't have the vehicle in question, or it's stock, and always is the first to throw out videos and magazine articles about how great that car is).
Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Or it is the Boss. Cause the boss is faster then a stock 5.0..haha
Now I hate you even more because I caught that right after I posted and knew you would probably would to.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
chill on the hatred. At least ohio HAS a 5.0, WITH all the mods that we theorize about, and is willing to race anyone to simply see which is faster and from where. It's the guys that don't have 5.0's that **** most of us off with there neverending youtube vids and crap that are nuthuggers.

And there's a LONG list of guys on this website that are 5.0 nuthuggers (nuthugger = guy who doesn't have the vehicle in question, or it's stock, and always is the first to throw out videos and magazine articles about how great that car is).
this is true
Old 05-22-2011, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Now I hate you even more because I caught that right after I posted and knew you would probably would to.
HAHA.. The Boss is nice. But to me over priced. Well least with the crazy mark ups we are having to pay with them. People are paying 10-20k over MSRP for a regular Boss And 20-40k for the Laguna Seca Edition.

Best to date Boss ran a 11.7 with slicks plus some race gas threw in with the 93 octane. Not to shabby.

What i can't wait till comes out is the ZL1. It already made Ford step up teh GT500 for 2013 to over 600hp.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

That new Z28 better hurry up and come out. It's doubtfully gonna be much lighter, or match the Boss with power, but at least it would show they are trying.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

That new Z28 better hurry up and come out. It's doubtfully gonna be much lighter, or match the Boss with power, but at least it would show they are trying.
What are suppose specs on the Z28. I know the ZL1 is going to have 550hp. I have seen the brochure for it and all. My wife works for a big Chevy dealer..lol. They hate i bought a 5.0 and not a SS.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Teching In

It's just that every time 5.0 is mentioned he pops out like Beetlejuice. And I know some people say 5.0 just to get a rise out of him and other guys. I think I know more about the 5.0 from this site than what I read on the other 6 forums I'm on daily. Yes he does have a 5.0 and it is very nicely modded. I think some of us are just asking for a little self-restraint.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

What are suppose specs on the Z28. I know the ZL1 is going to have 550hp. I have seen the brochure for it and all. My wife works for a big Chevy dealer..lol. They hate i bought a 5.0 and not a SS.
nobody knows: or should I say there are so many rumors that it isn't worth mentioning. I'm all for the push to make it a road race car with a 5.3L 7,000rpm engine and as stripped an interior as possible without killing sales (they say, and I agree, that people only like to TALK about owning a (Laguna Seca style?) stripped out no backseat car, not actually buy it in big enough numbers to make it work).
Old 05-22-2011, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing but speculation about what will power it, but a good guess (since it will compete with the BOSS) will be either a dry-sumped LS3 as seen in the Corvette GS's or the LS7 (which is also a dry sump motor). Personally, I believe it would Z06 stuffed in a Camaro, lightened up a bit like the ZL1, but that's just a guess.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
It's just that every time 5.0 is mentioned he pops out like Beetlejuice. And I know some people say 5.0 just to get a rise out of him and other guys. I think I know more about the 5.0 from this site than what I read on the other 6 forums I'm on daily. Yes he does have a 5.0 and it is very nicely modded. I think some of us are just asking for a little self-restraint.
I have chilled on it some..But I think funny how misinformed some are to what it has ran. Stock/bolt ons/SC..Kinda like the one that was just on Pass Time..Only mods was bigs/littles/roush SC/OR x pipe. They guessed 14/11.3/and 12...The car ran 10.5...They didn't expect also cause wasn't loud or anything else. That al they kept saying was its the quietest mustang i ever heard.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:52 AM
Launching!

Good kill OP.....the only time i lined up next to an M3 my clutch was shot so there is some guy out there in an M3 who thinks he has a legit win lol

They are nice cars though. Its actually in the running for my choices of DD when i get back from afghanistan.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I raced my friends M3 DCT when he had his twice and let him get the hit first since my car is too loud for honks. I was shocked at the outcome and thought for sure id get pulled on. His car was brand new at the time so not many miles on it at all. Here are the 2 races since there arent that many people who go up against them, just not that many of them around. Dont mean to take away anything from the OP, its a good kill no doubt and the M3's have really good top end.

First race i didnt spin going from 3rd to 4th and i didnt know initially if the M3 was going or not till he hit it, so he had a good jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3tDblMHWY

2nd race was a more even start, spun going from 3rd to 4th but about the same results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqUm...eature=related

Like i said he is a good friend and was a good sport about it. Might i add he did talk alot of sh*t before we started. I just told him i dont know and lets just run them. I honestly thougth i was going to lose bad.

Last edited by karpetcm; 05-25-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

there is a decent speed difference with the 6spd manual and 7spd dct cars. many people beat up on the 6spd but the 7spd tends to more out better since it never lefts between shifts.

but good kill
Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by karpetcm
I raced my friends M3 DCT when he had his twice and let him get the hit first since my car is too loud for honks. I was shocked at the outcome and thought for sure id get pulled on. His car was brand new at the time so not many miles on it at all. Here are the 2 races since there arent that many people who go up against them, just not that many of them around. Dont mean to take away anything from the OP, its a good kill no doubt and the M3's have really good top end.

First race i didnt spin going from 3rd to 4th and i didnt know initially if the M3 was going or not till he hit it, so he had a good jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3tDblMHWY

2nd race was a more even start, spun going from 3rd to 4th but about the same results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqUm...eature=related

Like i said he is a good friend and was a good sport about it. Might i add he did talk alot of sh*t before we started. I just told him i dont know and lets just run them. I honestly thougth i was going to lose bad.
We need to get a friendly run in one of these days
Old 05-25-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
We need to get a friendly run in one of these days
Your car looks too good and fast. I dont mind at all, this will be fun. I will lose but love going up against something fast. Ill msg you about it.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

good kill!

I wonder how my stockish 02 Z06 stacks up against one...
Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
good kill!

I wonder how my stockish 02 Z06 stacks up against one...
we win pretty good! I ran one from only about 20-80 and had over a car and was pulling pretty good. That was when i was catback and a clutch.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds about right. I've driven both cars, the M3 is definitely more driver oriented and feels better around a track depite near equal times. Although it did do better at VIR.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

I ran one 2 months ago with the exact same outcome as the OP. We started from 20 mph and ran to about 140. Well I cut it off at 140 and he kept the hammer down. Either way good kill to the OP and yes your results sound right.

Last edited by 5.7 Reasons; 05-30-2011 at 02:07 PM.